ETA 601 or eVisitor 651?

Old Feb 5th 2016, 2:43 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default ETA 601 or eVisitor 651?

Hi All,

My folks are coming to visit in March, and I'm confused which of these travel authorities they need - the ETA or the eVisitor?

I thought it was an ETA they needed, but now I read the guff on the siite, I'm now not so sure.

Cheers,

S
Old Feb 5th 2016, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA 601 or eVisitor 651?

How long are they coming for? Ive advised my Dad he needs the eVisitor (subclass 651), which lets him visit Australia: to visit or for business visitor purposes for up to three months at a time within a 12-month period.​ ​​​​​​This is a free visa.​ Requirements You might be able to get an eVisitor if you are: outside Australia a passport holder of a certain country. See > eVisitor (subclass 651) Its an online application through the immi account, I got confused about which one to go for as well.

My Dad is only here for a short period and it a UK passport holder (citizen) so not sure if that is appropriate for your folks.
Old Feb 5th 2016, 3:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
How long are they coming for? Ive advised my Dad he needs the eVisitor (subclass 651), which lets him visit Australia: to visit or for business visitor purposes for up to three months at a time within a 12-month period.​ ​​​​​​This is a free visa.​ Requirements You might be able to get an eVisitor if you are: outside Australia a passport holder of a certain country. See > eVisitor (subclass 651) Its an online application through the immi account, I got confused about which one to go for as well.

My Dad is only here for a short period and it a UK passport holder (citizen) so not sure if that is appropriate for your folks.

Thanks - Yes, they will be here for one month - their final visit they say - and both are UK only passport holders.

S
Old Feb 5th 2016, 10:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Thanks - Yes, they will be here for one month - their final visit they say - and both are UK only passport holders.

S
The evisitor (for UK citizens) used to be called the ETA, a few years back, thats what confuses a lot of people who originally visited on ETAs!

Its the evisitor your folks need
Old Feb 7th 2016, 7:10 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The evisitor (for UK citizens) used to be called the ETA, a few years back, thats what confuses a lot of people who originally visited on ETAs!

Thanks Polly - as always, top quality advice - I knew somebody here would point me in the right direction

You're absolutely correct - I travelled on an ETA back in the day - and it was that I was looking for.

Thanks again,

S
Old Feb 7th 2016, 4:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Not quite. There's a visitor visa (600), an ETA (601) and an eVisitor visa (651). They are all separate categories of visa. British citizen passport holders can apply for any of these however the eVisitor visa is free of charge.
Old Feb 7th 2016, 5:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Not quite. There's a visitor visa (600), an ETA (601) and an eVisitor visa (651). They are all separate categories of visa. British citizen passport holders can apply for any of these however the eVisitor visa is free of charge.
Yeah, they can go for any of them but iin this case it makes since to go for the evisitor, just for a few weeks holiday.
I could see where the confusion arose as Swerv-o has been on the site a good few years and the change of terminology from the old ETA to the evisitor as the free option for UK passport holders has confused several people before him! Its the one loads of us have used n our time