EOI question

Old Sep 12th 2014, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

surefireloopyloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI question

Hi There,

I have just received my skills assessment letter of determination and I'm trying to submit my EOI. I have a question regarding my employment history. It asked for 10 years employment history, however I am not trying to gain point for experience as I have only been qualified for 1 year ( midwife) do I just put the relevant skilled employment or should I add student midwife for 3 years, and the prev 6 years of non skilled work? any help would be great..don't want to come this far and fill it in wrong!
thanks guys
xx
Old Sep 12th 2014, 10:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI question

Originally Posted by surefireloopyloo
Hi There,

I have just received my skills assessment letter of determination and I'm trying to submit my EOI. I have a question regarding my employment history. It asked for 10 years employment history, however I am not trying to gain point for experience as I have only been qualified for 1 year ( midwife) do I just put the relevant skilled employment or should I add student midwife for 3 years, and the prev 6 years of non skilled work? any help would be great..don't want to come this far and fill it in wrong!
thanks guys
xx
I think on the EOI you just put the skilled employment as this will calculate your points, and as you know there are no points for only 1 years experience.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

thanks old sparkles. x
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

SLoughran is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Surefirelooploo,
I was wondering if you could help me. I read a thread you posted about an elective placement for midwifery in Sydney. I am a midwifery student and have to pick my elective placement. I would really like to go to Australia however I am having difficulty finding information and contacts. I was wondering do you still have this information available? It would be greatly appreciated
Old Oct 15th 2014, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SLoughran
Hi Surefirelooploo,
I was wondering if you could help me. I read a thread you posted about an elective placement for midwifery in Sydney. I am a midwifery student and have to pick my elective placement. I would really like to go to Australia however I am having difficulty finding information and contacts. I was wondering do you still have this information available? It would be greatly appreciated

Seems quite easy to find information on these things, what are you having trouble with specifically? Are you not getting responses?

Medical electives for visiting students > Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences: The University of Western Australia

http://www.nwac.unimelb.edu.au/ncs/elective_guide.html
Old Oct 15th 2014, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

This seems to only be for medical students like doctors and not midwives.
Old Oct 15th 2014, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SLoughran
This seems to only be for medical students like doctors and not midwives.
Maybe you would need to do what the other poster did and just write to loads of hospitals. You should be aware though, that there is increasing media attention on Australia's home grown nursing students not getting opportunities because they are going to overseas candidates. So I don't think this will be easy.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Yea il need to try that. Thanks for ur help
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 9:47 am
Just Joined

I have sent you a pm SLoughran - sorry for the delay I don't get to come on here too often!!! xx