Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Old May 4th 2010, 2:25 am
Just Joined

kizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales

Originally Posted by ens856_2010
Congrats. Did your CO ask for additional info since it took 4 weeks to grant the PR
No he didnt ask for anything. I was a bit concerned at first cause it said on the receipt that a decision would normally be made within 2 days of getting a CO. Clearly not the case.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

JR_Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adrian22
I rarely say this but dont loose heart man, get your lawyer to do some diplomatic pushing.
Thanks Buddy

I'm very well at the moment, I don't know why... but who cares.

We'll see what we get in the next couple of weeks.
I have to go overseas, will apply for my bridge B visa tomorrow.

Today I got information by phone, that all assesments are done but no desision can be made until a CO has been assigned.

I don't know what that really means
Old May 4th 2010, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

adrian22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JR_Smith
Thanks Buddy

I'm very well at the moment, I don't know why... but who cares.

We'll see what we get in the next couple of weeks.
I have to go overseas, will apply for my bridge B visa tomorrow.

Today I got information by phone, that all assesments are done but no desision can be made until a CO has been assigned.

I don't know what that really means

That was what i wanting to ask on the board here. When a file is picked up by a CO, does this mean that it has already passed through the various layers/channels of checks and assesments? Is the CO the final checker that all checks done by other depts where in order and now he is ok to grant/refuse based on those checks?

I guess with my buddy JR_Smith this is the case and the same with me. Our files are roaming around from desk to another iside Parramatta. As JR said his checks are complete but now the CO has to do a final check and put his green signature of a PR . Please comment people, i would prefer if we wouldnt guess but those who actually know anything about processing, please help others and us to see the bigger picture.
Old May 4th 2010, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

That was what i wanting to ask on the board here. When a file is picked up by a CO, does this mean that it has already passed through the various layers/channels of checks and assesments? Is the CO the final checker that all checks done by other depts where in order and now he is ok to grant/refuse based on those checks?

I guess with my buddy JR_Smith this is the case and the same with me. Our files are roaming around from desk to another iside Parramatta. As JR said his checks are complete but now the CO has to do a final check and put his green signature of a PR . Please comment people, i would prefer if we wouldnt guess but those who actually know anything about processing, please help others and us to see the bigger picture.
I know you don't like guessing.
From my understanding we need to differentiate between the differnt types of ENS visa. If we talk about 856 visas there a different options and I'm sure they handle and show applications different.

The question I got is why you got a CO and you don't be informed about your medical? I there is a document missing the should send you a request asap, or not?
Old May 4th 2010, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

I know you don't like guessing.
From my understanding we need to differentiate between the differnt types of ENS visa. If we talk about 856 visas there a different options and I'm sure they handle and show applications different.

The question I got is why you got a CO and you don't be informed about your medical? I there is a document missing the should send you a request asap, or not?

My CO emailed me yesterday, i saw the mail this morning. But i was informed by my lawyer yesterday in a note waiting for me at my desk that i need to submit fresh medicals. I am going there on Friday for a new set of medicals. The last time i did medicals was in 2007 when i applied for my 428 religious workers.
Old May 4th 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

hsvkbi is an unknown quantity at this point

My CO emailed me yesterday, i saw the mail this morning. But i was informed by my lawyer yesterday in a note waiting for me at my desk that i need to submit fresh medicals. I am going there on Friday for a new set of medicals. The last time i did medicals was in 2007 when i applied for my 428 religious workers.
If you are being contacted by the CO. Then your case will be sorted out quickly
Old May 4th 2010, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Even though the CO emailed me and has started looking at my file (so he said) this medical thingy is going to create a lot of delay in the flippin decision. I saw his email in my office email account at 1145 am. I am still looking for June/July for a final decision. Lets see..... I wonder how long the doctors incubate the medical files before setting it off to DIAC for their review.
Old May 4th 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

hahah i am sure these guys did extra checks on me with all this child abuse scandals rocking the church. Priests are hated at the moment , dont blame anyone. I am still sure the CO is scratching his head whether to give me a visa or send me to a corner with a rosary haha.
Old May 4th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

ens856_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

hahah i am sure these guys did extra checks on me with all this child abuse scandals rocking the church. Priests are hated at the moment , dont blame anyone. I am still sure the CO is scratching his head whether to give me a visa or send me to a corner with a rosary haha.
Be positive Andrian. Sometime positive thinking helps and your approval is not very far away now
Old May 4th 2010, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ens856_2010
Be positive Andrian. Sometime positive thinking helps and your approval is not very far away now
Thanks i would love to see the approval but at this moment, as i was telling Kazza(karen) i just want a decision. enough haging around. Also a correction: my application was reciepted by DIAC on the 18th of DEC 2009 not 15 Dec 2009. I had submitted it on the 11th but was officialy reciepted later haha.
Old May 4th 2010, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

I wonder how long the doctors incubate the medical files before setting it off to DIAC for their review.
He starts to look your case now, but you told us you got a CO weeks ago. That's the part I dont get. If they would tell you what they are definitely need at the beginning it wouuld make live easier.

The doctors will not make a decision it is a team in DIAC they will have a look on your medical.
Old May 4th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

He starts to look your case now, but you told us you got a CO weeks ago. That's the part I dont get. If they would tell you what they are definitely need at the beginning it wouuld make live easier.

The doctors will not make a decision it is a team in DIAC they will have a look on your medical.
Buddy i have had a CO since the 11th of March. He starts to look at my case now......exaclty
Old May 4th 2010, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

The doctors will not make a decision it is a team in DIAC they will have a look on your medical.[/QUOTE]

So if i have been a good boy then the medical will be ok and if i have been a bad boy then.....
Old May 4th 2010, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

vv_rgr_vv is an unknown quantity at this point

I inquired again and got the same answer - 'internal check'
Old May 4th 2010, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vv_rgr_vv
I inquired again and got the same answer - 'internal check'
Bugger, yeah its from one desk to another. This is called shafting the applicant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.