Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS PR pending, but new job offer - what do I do?!

ENS PR pending, but new job offer - what do I do?!

Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:17 am
Just Joined

*jane* is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ENS PR pending, but new job offer - what do I do?!

Hi everyone!

I submitted my PR application (856 ENS) in June, sponsored by my employer of the last 3 years (who I'm currently on a 457 with). But I've just been offered a job at another company. I really want the other job, but I don't know what to do about the visa...

If I move before my current application is granted (it could take months):
- would this be viewed badly by DIMMI?
- can I start the PR process immediately with new employer, or would I have to wait (at least) 12 months?

If I wait and get PR with my current employer, what would happen if I leave soon afterwards?
- could DIMMI cancel my visa? (what are the chances of this?)
- do I have to inform DIMMI when I leave?
- does my current employer have to inform DIMMI?
- can they request DIMMI to cancel my visa?

I really don't know what to do - does anyone else have any experience of this, or any advice?

Thank you!!
Jane
Old Jul 31st 2010, 5:20 am
Just Joined

*jane* is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: ENS PR pending, but new job offer - what do I do?!

*bump*!

Can anyone help? Has anyone been through something similar?

Thanks!
Old Jul 31st 2010, 2:23 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ENS PR pending, but new job offer - what do I do?!

No-one replies ... because no-one has anything sensible to say.

What is more important to you - permanent residence, or this new job?

Getting ENS and then leaving immediately is certainly morally wrong, and could lead to an investigation for visa fraud if DIAC thought you had no intention of staying with employer.

If you switch employer before ENS, you are taking a big risk ... you need to switch your 457 authorisation and new employer may not sponsor you. Also, you normally would have to wait 12 months unless you have a skill assessment or an exceptional high salary.

Last edited by JAJ; Jul 31st 2010 at 2:26 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 2:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, this is from form 47ES, a declaration you sign:

I understand that if I am applying under ENS then I am agreeing to
take up the position for at least 3 years.

SO - if you leave in circumstances that suggest you signed this declaration fraudulently, ie that at the time you had no such intention, then DIAC could certainly investigate you for visa fraud and consider cancelling your ENS visa.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

dsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the roughdsugums is a jewel in the rough

I dont understand? Why would you apply for ENS with current employer and then at the same time apply for another job? Its like having an affair while being married !

As per having affair in a marriage, you need to take the chance. Either leave your existing partner for the new lover or stay on with a proven partner and ride it out.

OK, a very bad synonym
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

sambagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have a question in a similar vein - what happens if a year or two into the job, the employee gets offered another job and wants to take it - would they then be in breach of the visa? Would DIAC need to be advised?

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 9:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambagirl
Hello,

I have a question in a similar vein - what happens if a year or two into the job, the employee gets offered another job and wants to take it - would they then be in breach of the visa? Would DIAC need to be advised?

Thanks
Yes and yes.