Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Old Apr 11th 2014, 7:58 am
Just Joined

ebsvcharan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CDR for Engineers Australia

Originally Posted by vober
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav
Hi
i am new to this forum. took my IELTS. need some sample CDRs to start. <snip>thanks in advance.
charan.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Apr 11th 2014 at 8:14 am. Reason: not a good idea to put email addy's in posts
Old Apr 11th 2014, 8:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebsvcharan
Hi
i am new to this forum. took my IELTS. need some sample CDRs to start. <snip>thanks in advance.
charan.
Hi Charan and welcome to the forum.

The CDR will be a reflection of your work so no one else can write it. Follow the directions on the EA website, and please don't ask again.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Rizzu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Engineers Australia Assessment (merged threads)

Hi Fellows,

I have a query regarding skill re-assessment from Engineer Australia.I already have state/regional sponsorship and planning to apply for another state or independent visa in coming days.

So,do i have to re-assess my skills from EA,whereas my last assessment took place in year 2012?

Many Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2015, 5:56 am
Just Joined

vaughn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vober
PM me your email id.I will give you a copy of my CDR. I got assessed as an "Electronics Engineer". But remember the CDR has to be your own work. Just try to check the format from mine and yes read all the instructions mentioned in the handbook throughly.

I just hope the moderators don't get offended with me sharing my CDR as a sample. :-)

Cheers
Vaibhav

Hi Vaibhav,

I'm very new here and I am about to start my CDR. Could you also help me with a template? I just don't want to miss out on anything. Thanks. <<<snip>>>

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Feb 9th 2015 at 9:14 am. Reason: Email address removed. Plse don't post personal details such as this. Thanks.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 7:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vaughn
Hi Vaibhav,

I'm very new here and I am about to start my CDR. Could you also help me with a template? I just don't want to miss out on anything. Thanks. <<<snip>>>
1) That post is from 2011.
2) A CDR must be about your own work, If you use anyone else's as a template you need to understand that it is only the format which is to be copied, not the content.

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 10th 2015 at 4:50 am.
Old Feb 9th 2015, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

vaughn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
1) That post is from 2011.
2) A CDR must be about your own work, If you use anyone else's as a template you need to understand that it is only the format which is to be coied, not the content.
Yes, I understand this. I have my content prepared already in bullet form. I just want to see how it was written.

Thanks for the comments though.
Old Feb 10th 2015, 6:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vaughn
Yes, I understand this. I have my content prepared already in bullet form. I just want to see how it was written.

Thanks for the comments though.
I believe there is a guide on the EA website to help construct a CDR
Old Apr 26th 2015, 11:43 am
Just Joined

shadmehri is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Work experience assessment by EA for points

Hi

I am going to prepare CER as a chemical engineer which I am working in oil refinery in EPC project .
is there anyone to help me or send me template in order to write this CER?

thank you

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 27th 2015 at 5:31 pm. Reason: Email address removed - people can contact you via the forum if they wish.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

isie1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI, I'm new here and looking at preparing my information for assessment by Engineers Australia.
I want to apply as an Engineering Manager. Now all the information says that if your degree is not the same title as the job you wish to apply for then the CDR is required. My BEng is Chemical Engineering but I also have an MBA as well as a resume/CV which clearly shows 10+ years work experience in this role. Do I need to write the Career Episodes or does my accredited degree and MBA + resume do the job for me?
Has anyone asked similar questions directly to EA?

Thanks in advance! Isie
Old Apr 29th 2015, 1:15 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isie1980
HI, I'm new here and looking at preparing my information for assessment by Engineers Australia.
I want to apply as an Engineering Manager. Now all the information says that if your degree is not the same title as the job you wish to apply for then the CDR is required. My BEng is Chemical Engineering but I also have an MBA as well as a resume/CV which clearly shows 10+ years work experience in this role. Do I need to write the Career Episodes or does my accredited degree and MBA + resume do the job for me?
Has anyone asked similar questions directly to EA?

Thanks in advance! Isie
I have not investigated further but my general impression is that you will need to complete a CDR in order to get a skills assessment as an Engineering Manager. In fact I would be shocked if EA would accept a degree + MBA.

As far as I know the accredited degree pathway (i.e. no CDR) is only for skills assessment at the level of Professional Engineer (or Technologist).
Old Apr 29th 2015, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for such a prompt response mrsmyrtle.

It hasn't occurred to me before, as I don't work directly in the field, but as my accredited degree is Chemical Engineering and that in itself is on the SOL, would it make more sense to apply for this occupation? My degree was 15 years ago, does that matter?
I have no problem writing the episodes, but would like to not do them if it's possible!
As an independent migrant is it essential to then apply for work in the field on which the visa application is based? I would be seeking engineering manager / project manager work anyway but could I do that if I was granted a visa as a chemical engineer? Or maybe go for those roles in chemical industry?

Thanks so much.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 2:23 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

It hasn't occurred to me before, as I don't work directly in the field, but as my accredited degree is Chemical Engineering and that in itself is on the SOL, would it make more sense to apply for this occupation? My degree was 15 years ago, does that matter?
I have no problem writing the episodes, but would like to not do them if it's possible!
As an independent migrant is it essential to then apply for work in the field on which the visa application is based? I would be seeking engineering manager / project manager work anyway but could I do that if I was granted a visa as a chemical engineer? Or maybe go for those roles in chemical industry?

Thanks so much.
Note with downturn here and glut of graduates in recent years, chem eng and project eng is likely to be very competitive market in next few years.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 3:37 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much.
What I suspect EA do is when they get a Washington Accord degree, they look up under the member country the university and program and check if it was accredited at the time. For example, somewhere on the Engineers Canada website there's a pdf that lists out all the accredited degrees, and dates that that degree name was offered. I imagine other member countries have a similar trove of info.

I don't think timing was an issue, my engineering degree was from 2004 and was ok.

If you are successful in your PR application and do end up in Australia, there's no requirement that you have to work in that field. I'm a PR (I was misc. engineering) and now I'm a law student!

EvannTel is right, things have slowed down a lot in the past 2 years, so finding a job may be an issue. I was in civil (think bulk earthworks/concrete) and it has taken some of my friends months to find a new job after being downsized.

The one thing I would suggest you look at is the points for work experience (if you are claiming points for skilled experience). I would assume that being a manager of chemical engineers would fall under 'closely related occupation' (or whatever the term is that they use).

Good luck!

Last edited by msmyrtle; Apr 29th 2015 at 3:41 pm. Reason: degree* not agree
Old May 27th 2015, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

usmanali is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am planning to apply for the skills assessment at Engineers Australia online portal for the first time, but have some queries.

1- There are two places where the employment documents can be uploaded:

a)Relevant Skilled Employment (CDR Application Only)
b)Relevant Skilled Employment

Where do I have to upload the documents from these options? and whats the difference?

2- Do I have to upload only engineering degree and transcripts or I also have to upload the secondary school / higher secondary school certificates?

Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by usmanali
Dear all,

I am planning to apply for the skills assessment at Engineers Australia online portal for the first time, but have some queries.

1- There are two places where the employment documents can be uploaded:

a)Relevant Skilled Employment (CDR Application Only)
b)Relevant Skilled Employment

Where do I have to upload the documents from these options? and whats the difference?

2- Do I have to upload only engineering degree and transcripts or I also have to upload the secondary school / higher secondary school certificates?

Thanks

I have just started uploading my documents within the EA portal, and it is very self explanatory when you get going. It clearly states what is required, then it is a simple browse and upload operation.
There is no requirement for high school qualifications, just the degree certificate and transcript.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.