Employer sponsorship for Accountacy

Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Default Employer sponsorship for Accountacy

Hi Guys

How quick and easy is it to get Employer sponsorship for Accountants? Hubby is fully qualified CIMA.

Anyone recommend any good websites or agencies for this type of thing please.

Thanks
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer sponsorship for Accountacy

Sorry but I really don't think it would be either quick or easy, there are accountant jobs around but also plenty of candidates.

I made queries at various points during my application process and afterwards and there is little interest before you have PR. Not a great deal of interest even after getting the PR visa if not in the country. I don't think that it was anything to do with me either, as I was offered two senior positions during three weeks on my validation trip, but I am very sure that neither company would have even met me without the visa never mind sponsored me.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of
Default Re: Employer sponsorship for Accountancy

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Sorry but I really don't think it would be either quick or easy, there are accountant jobs around but also plenty of candidates.

I made queries at various points during my application process and afterwards and there is little interest before you have PR. Not a great deal of interest even after getting the PR visa if not in the country. I don't think that it was anything to do with me either, as I was offered two senior positions during three weeks on my validation trip, but I am very sure that neither company would have even met me without the visa never mind sponsored me.
Hi BS - thanks for the response. Not good news eh! We are just trying to think of ways around the torturous 3 year wait for 176 visa.

Last edited by MrsE; Jul 24th 2010 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2010, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer sponsorship for Accountancy

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi BS - thanks for the response. Not good news eh! We are just trying to think of ways around the torturous 3 year wait for 176 visa.
Yes I can see where you are coming from, sadly I would almost go so far as to say employer sponsorship a non starter for an accountant. Unless hubby has business contacts he can call upon that is?

Why do you think it would be a three year wait? I feel sure accountant will be on one of the SMPs so you would be category two processing, shouldn't think that would take 3 years.

You are short on points for the 175 aren't you?
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Dentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really nice

Bermuda, without putting you on the spot, what would your best estimate of time frame for an accountant on a 176 application (NSW SS)? Appreciate your best guess, - as it would be as good as any.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

I totally agree with this. The employers in Australia have a mindset (over the years) to not look at you without P.R. While DIAC is cutting down on independent migration, and sharply increasing ENS quota, I dont think they have invested any time or resources in educating employers about this. I see so many overseas graduates (including some very intelligent and high scorers in their degrees), waiting for P.R. while their australian degree is rusting away and no employer wants to look at them, while crying about skilled shortages at the same time.....
Old Jul 25th 2010, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dentonburn
Bermuda, without putting you on the spot, what would your best estimate of time frame for an accountant on a 176 application (NSW SS)? Appreciate your best guess, - as it would be as good as any.
I really, really don't know. I think we will have to wait and see how things go over the next few months whilst the new processing priorities bed down. If I were to take a wild stab in the dark, I would probably think OK my application took about six or seven months and was one of the higher priorities at the time. So maybe something like that, for a LR applicant that is?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
I totally agree with this. The employers in Australia have a mindset (over the years) to not look at you without P.R. While DIAC is cutting down on independent migration, and sharply increasing ENS quota, I dont think they have invested any time or resources in educating employers about this.
If an occupation is in real shortage in Australia (unusual), then employers will use ENS or other sponsorship programs. If it's just as easy to hire the Australian next in line, they won't.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I see so many overseas graduates (including some very intelligent and high scorers in their degrees), waiting for P.R. while their australian degree is rusting away and no employer wants to look at them, while crying about skilled shortages at the same time.....
If they are so employable then they will get sponsored easy enough, it not a difficult procedure.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
If they are so employable then they will get sponsored easy enough, it not a difficult procedure.
Have you been yourself an overseas graduate in Australia? I have been and now know lots of people who are. Employers dont just look at you without P.R. and thats just how things are in Australia. I know employers didn't look at me without P.R. and if there was something wrong with me 6 years ago, why are they clinging with me now? I guess I am just lucky

Also you don't really know about three years experience rule for ENS, do you? while declaring that this procedure is easy enough.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Have you been yourself an overseas graduate in Australia? I have been and now know lots of people who are. Employers dont just look at you without P.R. and thats just how things are in Australia. I know employers didn't look at me without P.R. and if there was something wrong with me 6 years ago, why are they clinging with me now? I guess I am just lucky

Also you don't really know about three years experience rule for ENS, do you? while declaring that this procedure is easy enough.
Been through the 457>PR route, really this this will probably be the standard route if the opposition get in. If you got the minerals you will be sponsored alright.

Might come to the point that will be the only way in.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Been through the 457>PR route, really this this will probably be the standard route if the opposition get in. If you got the minerals you will be sponsored alright.

Might come to the point that will be the only way in.
OK but OP is not on a 457, they are still in the UK and, in accountancy, I very much doubt that a 457 will be forthcoming for a UK resident.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

OK but OP is not on a 457, they are still in the UK and, in accountancy, I very much doubt that a 457 will be forthcoming for a UK resident.
Thanks for that Bermudashorts but my post #11 was solely in reply to Joebloggs post.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that Bermudashorts but my post #11 was solely in reply to Joebloggs post.
Yes, well I thought it might have been, but I felt it was appropriate to keep OP's thread specific to them whilst they have unresolved questions. And I would be uncomfortable if OP read your post and somehow go the impression that anyone half decent at their job can get employer sponsorship.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, well I thought it might have been, but I felt it was appropriate to keep OP's thread specific to them whilst they have unresolved questions. And I would be uncomfortable if OP read your post and somehow go the impression that anyone half decent at their job can get employer sponsorship.
Yeah I know where you are coming from, but Joeblogg asked me if I got my PR by from being an overseas student and my reply was I came by way of 457>PR..

But I doubt any employer would sponsor someone unless they were sure the candidate was half decent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.