Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 15th 2017, 1:31 pm   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
ajay22mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer not ready to give reference letter

I am processing for Skill assessment under engineering Australia. I have submitted Self Declaration from one of my co-worker while submitting the document.
I got the below message from assessor " Please note that affidavits are not accepted in lieu of 5 point duty statement from the company. You are therefore advised to provide the 5 points duty statement from the company"

So now Question is.....
1. As per my company policy, I will only get the reference letter after leaving the company as they are liable to provide only for EX-employee. HR person is ready to give me on email why they cant give the letter.
Also, they have given my letter which includes my tenure and designation with working hours.
So can I go ahead and submit that letter and attach an email from HR?


2. Why did EA not accept my Declaration? Do I need to submit another declaration?


Please, someone, help me here. How I would process further.
ajay22mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 12:12 am   #2
still chillin'
Moderator
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 26,449
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay22mum View Post
I am processing for Skill assessment under engineering Australia. I have submitted Self Declaration from one of my co-worker while submitting the document.
I got the below message from assessor " Please note that affidavits are not accepted in lieu of 5 point duty statement from the company. You are therefore advised to provide the 5 points duty statement from the company"

So now Question is.....
1. As per my company policy, I will only get the reference letter after leaving the company as they are liable to provide only for EX-employee. HR person is ready to give me on email why they cant give the letter.
Also, they have given my letter which includes my tenure and designation with working hours.
So can I go ahead and submit that letter and attach an email from HR?


2. Why did EA not accept my Declaration? Do I need to submit another declaration?


Please, someone, help me here. How I would process further.
What type of application do you have - Engineer? Technologist? Manager? Do you have recognised qualifications or are you doing CDR?

Is the info required for the assessment or additional employment evaluation?
old.sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 9:59 am   #3
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
ajay22mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

Yes I am applying under Production and Plant engineer profile .Yes I have sumited CDR as well..

Along with Reference letter they also requested for Form16 and Form26AS & I have that both documents.

Also HR person have gave me letter which included my Designation and Working hours , tenure in the company ..Also HR ready to give me an email for why they can not give me reference letter ..

Please suggest how can I process with these information
ajay22mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 10:19 am   #4
still chillin'
Moderator
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 26,449
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay22mum View Post
Yes I am applying under Production and Plant engineer profile .Yes I have sumited CDR as well..

Along with Reference letter they also requested for Form16 and Form26AS & I have that both documents.

Also HR person have gave me letter which included my Designation and Working hours , tenure in the company ..Also HR ready to give me an email for why they can not give me reference letter ..

Please suggest how can I process with these information
From the MSA:
Quote:
Applicants who have claimed engineering employment for more than 12 months or have based their career episode upon professional experience must provide a reference letter from the employer (reference letter on official company letterhead, stating your title/position, commencement and termination dates of employment, signed and dated by the author).
Sounds like your HR can give you the reference required. Have you included references from all employers?
old.sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 10:21 am   #5
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
ajay22mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

No this my first company since 2012 ..I have total 5 years of experience..
I requested to HR head also but no Luck as they only give such letters for ex employees
ajay22mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 10:23 am   #6
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
ajay22mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

I have a letter which mentioned everything except roles and responsibilities performed by me in this 5 years
ajay22mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 10:38 am   #7
still chillin'
Moderator
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 26,449
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay22mum View Post
I have a letter which mentioned everything except roles and responsibilities performed by me in this 5 years
But for the skills assessment, it does not need to provide that info if you read the guide - you only need that for the secondary employment assessment and there are alternate options listed to provide evidence for this but I cannot see that they accept stat decs. You can use the same letter for employment, but would need to also provide either the job offer letter with duties listed, or performance reviews.

If you haven't fully read the guide, it is here - https://www.engineersaustralia.org.a...%20updates.pdf
old.sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th 2017, 10:42 am   #8
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 5
ajay22mum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer not ready to give reference letter

Thanks for the information..But my job offer letter does not have duties mentioned on it..I am now processing with the letter which I have got from HR without any duties mentioned on it.and along with it I will submit email HR stating why that can not give letter with job duties .
ajay22mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 1:46 am.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com