Emailing Scans to DIC

Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:38 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Emailing Scans to DIC

On the CO letter (request for PCC/Meds) it says on one of the sheets of paper (the request for more job refs) that DIMIA's preferred method of communication is email.

Do i interpret this to mean that i could/should scan my certified docs and email them instead of couriering?

And in anyone experience are they likely to email acknowledgement of these emails?

I'm a bit apprehensive about emailing over. Would it be worth putting "please let me know you've got this email" at the end?

TIA,

Urno.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:46 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Emailing Scans to DIC

Originally Posted by Urno
On the CO letter (request for PCC/Meds) it says on one of the sheets of paper (the request for more job refs) that DIMIA's preferred method of communication is email.

Do i interpret this to mean that i could/should scan my certified docs and email them instead of couriering?

And in anyone experience are they likely to email acknowledgement of these emails?

I'm a bit apprehensive about emailing over. Would it be worth putting "please let me know you've got this email" at the end?

TIA,

Urno.
The email address that your co has given is one to send attachments to and you will get an automated response to say they have been recieved ok. however queries will not be answered using this address, you have to use the contact site in the dimia's website.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 1:25 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Originally Posted by want2bthere
The email address that your co has given is one to send attachments to and you will get an automated response to say they have been recieved ok.
Ah, that's the kind of thing i wanted to hear! I'm not bothered about making a query, just want peace of mind
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

lumipad will become famous soon enoughlumipad will become famous soon enough

Please make sure you scan all your docs in colour. 3 weeks ago I sent them scan copies of our PCC in B&W and asked to re-send them by email (scan with colour) or by mail.

Cheers,

Originally Posted by Urno

TIA,

Urno.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:38 pm
jonah

jonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud ofjonah38 has much to be proud of

Hi

This must be one of those 'depends what your CO is like' senarios. We sent these off in B&W and had no problems.

It could be that UK police checks from Scotland Yard have two blue bands. One across the top and one across the bottom.

Plus it states on the document that 'to be authentic this document must include two blue bands'. Perhaps the CO took this literally.

This may well be a future problem as i am not sure how long DIMA have been accepting scanned copies. Something to be aware off though!

Good luck to all
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:08 am

sush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud ofsush-jpn has much to be proud of

I sent my PCCs b&w and had to resend in full color!

sush
Old Mar 31st 2007, 6:18 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light

We got CO on Monday 21 August 06 scanned him through what he wanted and was granted visa on wednesday 23 August 06 - quick or what!!

Have now been in Brisbane 4 months. Be prepared for how hard it is.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:19 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Est
Have now been in Brisbane 4 months. Be prepared for how hard it is.
What do you mean by "hard"?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 7:29 am
Est
Forum Regular

Est is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of lightEst is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Emailing Scans to DIC

I miss my family and friends sooooooooooooooo much, i have been in tears most day since we left we are comtemplating returning
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:40 am
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sush-jpn
I sent my PCCs b&w and had to resend in full color!
According to DIAC, "The department accepts scanned copies of the original document (non-certified) provided they are IN COLOUR and in PDF, JPEG, TIFF or BMP file formats. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies." [Source: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm, under the heading "Sending in documents - Paper applications"]