Electrician about to do vetassess test

Old Nov 26th 2015, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

HollyPerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician about to do vetassess test

My husband has been an electrician for 3 years at the same company as a general electrician. Just wondering if anybody has recently done the test vetassess test and can help out. As a donestic electrician he does not no the answers to the majority of the test. What is involved? Is it relevant to a domestic electrician? It's an expensive test so we do not want to be resitting this but he feels he would not pass this. Also you can do it over Skype is this easier??

Thanks
Old Nov 26th 2015, 10:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician about to do vetassess test

Originally Posted by HollyPerry
My husband has been an electrician for 3 years at the same company as a general electrician. Just wondering if anybody has recently done the test vetassess test and can help out. As a donestic electrician he does not no the answers to the majority of the test. What is involved? Is it relevant to a domestic electrician? It's an expensive test so we do not want to be resitting this but he feels he would not pass this. Also you can do it over Skype is this easier?? Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum
There is a lot of info on the skills assessments in the electricians section - Electricians - British Expats
Basically, for electricians the assessment forms 3 parts. You first need to complete the tradeset report (info should be on the Vetassess website) - I don't believe this has changed.
This is then sent with all qualifications, and resume, references, etc for assessment. If this is successful then you need to pass a practical assessment similar to AM2.
Has your husband started the process at all? Is the 3 years experience post qualification?
Old Nov 27th 2015, 12:36 am
Just Joined

Hi! Thank you for the reply. Yes this is 3 years plus 2 years studying. We have a visa agent who has all the paperwork ready to send off which is all ok hopefully. He has sent us basically what's on the vetassess website about the test but he would like to no more. As he's only a domestic electrician he doesn't no about some of the things it's asking online like 3phase I think he said. So he just wants to no exactly what to study and if any general electricians have passed is it realistic??
Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2015, 1:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! Thank you for the reply. Yes this is 3 years plus 2 years studying. We have a visa agent who has all the paperwork ready to send off which is all ok hopefully. He has sent us basically what's on the vetassess website about the test but he would like to no more. As he's only a domestic electrician he doesn't no about some of the things it's asking online like 3phase I think he said. So he just wants to no exactly what to study and if any general electricians have passed is it realistic??Thanks
Vetassess have guides that you should read before applying for the skills assessment. My background is not domestic but as apprentices we did cover motor theory, 3 phase, star/delta etc.
I was having a quick look to refresh requirements as I seem to remember needing to show the equivalent of an apprenticeship with at least 2 or 3 years post qualification experience giving 6 or 7 years total.
Is your migration agent MARA registered? I'm not sure that 2 years qualifications are enough for the skills assessment, and even if they are that you would have enough to pass the points test for a visa unless your husband has sat IELTS.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 6:43 am
Just Joined

Yes he's done ielts and yes they are they was recommended by friends who used him and now live there.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 7:44 am

Yes he's done ielts and yes they are they was recommended by friends who used him and now live there.
That's okay then

There are a few less than reputable companies around who are just about taking money from people.