Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Does pre-qualification experience in Teaching count?

Does pre-qualification experience in Teaching count?

Old Aug 30th 2015, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Ambii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does pre-qualification experience in Teaching count?

Hi,
I have 15 years of experience of teaching Physics to the students of grade 11th and 12th and right now I am a government employee in Pakistan. I have done Masters in Physics(Electronics) and MBA in Marketing. I want to move to Australia but there is one thing which i want to confirm. i have applied for teaching jobs there in Australia but after some research i came to know that one must be registered with Australian Edu. Department to get a job in public school/college otherwise you can only teach in private sector. One must also have a diploma in education to get at least a permit or provisional reg. to teach. i got a job offer from some college at NSW on contractual basis while most of the schools and colleges said that i don't meet the requirements.

I was told by a Registered Migration consultant that if I do any graduate diploma in education and training then all my previous teaching experience will be considered null and void.
My question is that will my pre-qualification experience be countable?
Best regards

Old Aug 30th 2015, 11:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does pre-qualification experience in Teaching count?

Originally Posted by Ambii
Hi,
I have 15 years of experience of teaching Physics to the students of grade 11th and 12th and right now I am a government employee in Pakistan. I have done Masters in Physics(Electronics) and MBA in Marketing. I want to move to Australia but there is one thing which i want to confirm. i have applied for teaching jobs there in Australia but after some research i came to know that one must be registered with Australian Edu. Department to get a job in public school/college otherwise you can only teach in private sector. One must also have a diploma in education to get at least a permit or provisional reg. to teach. i got a job offer from some college at NSW on contractual basis while most of the schools and colleges said that i don't meet the requirements.

I was told by a Registered Migration consultant that if I do any graduate diploma in education and training then all my previous teaching experience will be considered null and void.
My question is that will my pre-qualification experience be countable?
Best regards

What did your MARA registered migration agent tell you?
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:30 am
Just Joined

First of all he told me that i am not eligible to apply for Australia because i have been teaching in colleges if i would have an experience of teaching in universities then m eligible to apply as senior science teacher plus he said if i do any teaching diploma or post grad. then my all previous experience will be null and void but i have researched about it and went through AITSL policies i dont it is like that what do u think???? Now the agent is trying to convince me to apply for Canada he said i m very much eligible to apply for Canada My intention is Australia.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The simple fact is that to teach in schools or colleges in Australia you need a specific teaching qualification as well as subject related qualifications. Work experience only counts after you have the qualifications required, so yes even if you do the required teaching qualifications only experience after this will count for points in your application.

You are consulting a registered migration agent, they are telling you the truth, it may not be what you want to hear but those are the rules.
Old Aug 31st 2015, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Hmmm you are right i think i have to change my road map because while getting qualification my age and experience points will be reduced so less chance for Australia