Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Does my wife need to do PCC and Medicals as she is a non Migrating Dependent

Does my wife need to do PCC and Medicals as she is a non Migrating Dependent

Old May 19th 2016, 8:51 am
Just Joined

henry.olonga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does my wife need to do PCC and Medicals as she is a non Migrating Dependent

Hello to all,

Recently, I have been nominated for 190 visa. I have paid the fee and applied for it.
Currently, I am in a process of uploading the documents. However, the department has not picked up my file yet.

I am planning to do my medicals and PCC within days. However, since the officer has not asked for the medicals and PCC for my wife who is a non migrating dependent, does she need to do the medicals and PCC too ?

I would like to share a very important information regarding her. In august 2015, she performed PCC and medicals for an Australian visa already.
In my online application, I mentioned her HAP ID too. I believe that since one year has not passed yet, the case officer will not request for her medicals and PCC.

Please advise.
Regards,
Henry
Old May 20th 2016, 4:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my wife need to do PCC and Medicals as she is a non Migrating Dependent

Originally Posted by henry.olonga
Hello to all,

Recently, I have been nominated for 190 visa. I have paid the fee and applied for it.
Currently, I am in a process of uploading the documents. However, the department has not picked up my file yet.

I am planning to do my medicals and PCC within days. However, since the officer has not asked for the medicals and PCC for my wife who is a non migrating dependent, does she need to do the medicals and PCC too ?

I would like to share a very important information regarding her. In august 2015, she performed PCC and medicals for an Australian visa already.
In my online application, I mentioned her HAP ID too. I believe that since one year has not passed yet, the case officer will not request for her medicals and PCC.

Please advise.
Regards,
Henry
Henry, why would you move to aother country and not take your wife? I understand the visa process is expensive, but a later spouse visa application is even more so and takes a long time.

That said, visa validation needs to occur while medicals are valid - the CO may ask for new medicals from you wife. No one here can give you a definite answer to your question - you need to wait and see.
Old May 20th 2016, 4:43 am
Just Joined

henry.olonga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does my wife need to do PCC and Medicals as she is a non Migrating Dependent

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Henry, why would you move to aother country and not take your wife? I understand the visa process is expensive, but a later spouse visa application is even more so and takes a long time.

That said, visa validation needs to occur while medicals are valid - the CO may ask for new medicals from you wife. No one here can give you a definite answer to your question - you need to wait and see.

Thanks for the comments.

Well, your are correct about the expenses.
Actually, there are few unavoidable circumstances at this point of time.

Firstly, she does not have an IELTS required score so I believe I need to pay an amount of roughly about AUD4500 to cover up this requirement as part of immigration policy. I believe she needs some time (couple of months) to prepare for IELTS.

Secondly, we are expecting an addition in our family in upcoming months. Therefore, it will not be possible for her to fly due to medical situation (i.e. "pregnancy") (IF VISA IS GRANTED). I believe there is a requirement to enter into Australia within a time period if the visa is granted.

Last but not least, the expected child is not in the application at this time. It would not be possible for us to fly leaving child overseas.

Therefore, I have decided to obtain permanent residence for myself first. Later on, apply for her or in fact, for her and kid too.

Regards,
Henry
Old May 20th 2016, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could wait till your little one is born and all apply together!
Old May 20th 2016, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henry.olonga
Thanks for the comments.

Well, your are correct about the expenses.
Actually, there are few unavoidable circumstances at this point of time.

Firstly, she does not have an IELTS required score so I believe I need to pay an amount of roughly about AUD4500 to cover up this requirement as part of immigration policy. I believe she needs some time (couple of months) to prepare for IELTS.

Secondly, we are expecting an addition in our family in upcoming months. Therefore, it will not be possible for her to fly due to medical situation (i.e. "pregnancy") (IF VISA IS GRANTED). I believe there is a requirement to enter into Australia within a time period if the visa is granted.

Last but not least, the expected child is not in the application at this time. It would not be possible for us to fly leaving child overseas.

Therefore, I have decided to obtain permanent residence for myself first. Later on, apply for her or in fact, for her and kid too.

Regards,
Henry
She does not have to achieve a very high score in IELTS in order to pass and in any case the cost of a partner visa with a child added later is far, far more than the cost of the second VAC if she does not take IELTS.

You are surely not going to move and leave behind your pregnant wife / wife and new born, if you are, you should be aware that culturally this is quite shocking in western society. So it would therefore make much more sense to put the application on hold, include your wife as migrating, add baby to the application when it is born and all get your visa together.