Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Does my spouse fit basic requirements ? (5 points for spouse skills)

Does my spouse fit basic requirements ? (5 points for spouse skills)

Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:33 am
Kramer

CKramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does my spouse fit basic requirements ? (5 points for spouse skills)

I need to get 5 points for spouse.
She has 50 points occupation "Social Professionals (nec)", assessed by Vetassess.
but in past 3 years she was working in diffrent occupations: as Office Manager (40 points) and Personnel Consultant (50 points).

Could that be a problem? Will DIMIA count it as "spouse fits basic requirements" ?
The whole life depends on these 5 points.

Thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:08 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my spouse fit basic requirements ? (5 points for spouse skills)

Originally Posted by CKramer
She has 50 points occupation "Social Professionals (nec)", assessed by Vetassess.
but in past 3 years she was working in diffrent occupations: as Office Manager (40 points) and Personnel Consultant (50 points).

Could that be a problem? Will DIMIA count it as "spouse fits basic requirements" ?

Thanks.
She needs to get her trade assessed. If it comes back positive then she is entitled to claim those 5 points.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:29 am
Kramer

Default Re: Does my spouse fit basic requirements ? (5 points for spouse skills)

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
She needs to get her trade assessed. If it comes back positive then she is entitled to claim those 5 points.
She has it asesssed with Vetassess. Do you mean that only assesment matters? I have read that spouse must have been working 2 of 3 prior years. But there's no indication which occupation that may be.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:39 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

She has it asesssed with Vetassess. Do you mean that only assesment matters? I have read that spouse must have been working 2 of 3 prior years. But there's no indication which occupation that may be.
On page 40 of Booklet 6 it states the in order for your spouse to satisfy the basic requirements for the 5 points then you must submit:

- suitable skills assessment
- evidence of age (passport or birth cert)
- evidence of English language (we sent cert copies of exams)
- evidence of recent work experience (we sent letter from employer & a payslip)

As far as I understand from reading the booklet, your spouse must still comply with the DIMIA requirements for work experience. That is 12 out of the last 18 mths for a 60 point occupation or 2 out of the last 3 years if applying as a 40/50 point occupation. The work experience has to be in whatever she has been assessed as.

In regard of only the assessment being important - do VETASSESS give assessments out to people that haven't been working in that trade recently? I do not know as we went via TRA.

Claire
x
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:34 am
Kramer

The work experience has to be in whatever she has been assessed as.
That's the whole point. My spouse have experience in other occupatioons than assessed.
And I want to find out will that pass or not as "basic requirement".

In regard of only the assessment being important - do VETASSESS give assessments out to people that haven't been working in that trade recently?
Vetassess assess only diploma. They do not account experience at all.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:43 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

That's the whole point. My spouse have experience in other occupatioons than assessed.
And I want to find out will that pass or not as "basic requirement".

Vetassess assess only diploma. They do not account experience at all.
If you are unsure you are best off speaking to an agent - I would recc'd George Lombard as he helped us with our TRA.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

The work experience has to be in whatever she has been assessed as.

No it doesn't - in most cases, any skilled occupation will do (there are exceptions).

Jeremy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:47 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by JAJ
No it doesn't - in most cases, any skilled occupation will do (there are exceptions).

Jeremy
reeally??? that seems a little strange..?
Old Jan 5th 2006, 11:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

reeally??? that seems a little strange..?

Why?

It's not that unusual for people to have work experience in a different skilled occupation to nominated occupation. It means many spouse skill applicants can use Vetassess, for example rather than authorities like ACS or AIM.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:21 pm
Kramer

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
hmm interesting, exceptions like what ?
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

hmm interesting, exceptions like what ?
Exceptions include registrable occupations and cases where DIMIA don't believe the work is genuinely 'skilled'

This is beyond the scope of an online forum, sorry - you need some good professional advice if these points are important.

Jeremy
Old Jan 7th 2006, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

WESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud ofWESTLY has much to be proud of

On page 40 of Booklet 6 it states the in order for your spouse to satisfy the basic requirements for the 5 points then you must submit:

- suitable skills assessment
- evidence of age (passport or birth cert)
- evidence of English language (we sent cert copies of exams)
- evidence of recent work experience (we sent letter from employer & a payslip)

As far as I understand from reading the booklet, your spouse must still comply with the DIMIA requirements for work experience. That is 12 out of the last 18 mths for a 60 point occupation or 2 out of the last 3 years if applying as a 40/50 point occupation. The work experience has to be in whatever she has been assessed as.

In regard of only the assessment being important - do VETASSESS give assessments out to people that haven't been working in that trade recently? I do not know as we went via TRA.

Claire
x
VETASSESS do not want to know about work experience.

The work experience can be in ANY occupation on SOL.

Westly Russell
Migration Agent
Old Jan 7th 2006, 5:40 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Vetassess assess only diploma. They do not account experience at all.[/QUOTE]

so, if i have a BTEC national diploma in business studies, i could get Vetassess that diploma ? (i have worked in the same industry for 18 years, but not worked for the last 4 years, due to children)

sorry, but i am really confused about Vetassess and work experience?
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to beholdstevensfamily is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.
Hi,

No expert but I have asked this question. Your skill ass can be for one skill and totally seperate to that is your work experience. If your partner worked for 3 out of past 4 in a job that comes under SOL then that work experience will count. The two things do not need to be the same. Your trade/skill and work experience can be in different.

Cheryl
Old Jan 7th 2006, 6:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
so, if i have a BTEC national diploma in business studies, i could get Vetassess that diploma ? (i have worked in the same industry for 18 years, but not worked for the last 4 years, due to children)

sorry, but i am really confused about Vetassess and work experience?

Vetassess will assess you based on qualifications only, but if you read the Skilled Migration Booklet you will see that *DIMIA* still look for recent skilled work experience.

A BTEC National Diploma may well not be enough for Vetassess, to be confident of a 40 point skill assessment you need a Higher National Diploma.

However - a skill assessment, on its own, is *not* enough.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.