Does my partner just get in with me

Old Jul 16th 2013, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does my partner just get in with me

I am about to put my skillselect in along with sponsorship request from WA - if I get the Band 8 from IELTS in Fridays results (fingers crossed).

I am the main applicant as I get the most points. I am not claiming any points for my partner so does he just get named on the application and that is it. He is a medical doctor but I actually get more points as a project manager.

One of the questions for WA sponsorship is asking about friends and family in Australia. I have several including my eldest son living in Brisbane but we don't want to actually go there. Will this go against us? Will they think we will want to be near the family we have in Brisbane? We are happy to settle in WA and my son is in fact waiting to hear about a job in the mines and so would relocate to WA himself.

Thanks

Last edited by gossage; Jul 16th 2013 at 7:14 am.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does my partner just get in with me

You don't need to maximise points, you just need to get 60. There is very little advantage, if any, in having more than 60. To be honest, I would have gone with your OH as main applicant as you are dependent upon getting sponsorship.

Anyway, fingers crosses that will come off you might as well carry on now that you have done IELTS and got your skills assessment.

Yes your OH juts goes on the application and will get same visa as you.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point

We did consider using OH as main applicant be he only scores 50pts. He gets nothing for age as is 49.

Don't know if there are other ways of doctors getting in but I just assumed they would still have to go for a 189.

Hopefully WA will sponsor me and we will be in sunny Perth soon.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gossage
We did consider using OH as main applicant be he only scores 50pts. He gets nothing for age as is 49.

Don't know if there are other ways of doctors getting in but I just assumed they would still have to go for a 189.

Hopefully WA will sponsor me and we will be in sunny Perth soon.
Fair enough, sorry I read it as you got more points not that he couldn't pass points test at all. Well good luck with the next steps.