Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Do I apply for state sponsorship before doing my EOI

Do I apply for state sponsorship before doing my EOI

Old May 17th 2013, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

gossage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do I apply for state sponsorship before doing my EOI

I am lost..........:confused_smile

Do I apply WA for sponsorship before I put my EOI in????

I thought you put the EOI in and selected WA and then WA nominated me if they like the look of what I had to offer.

Someone PLEASE clarify this for me as I am going round in circles here loll

Cheers

Sharon
Old May 17th 2013, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Do I apply for state sponsorship before doing my EOI

Ok wouldn't you know it I post this and then find the answer.

I do them together at the same time. I submit EOI and apply to WA for sponsorship. If sponsorship is positive then WA tell Skillselect and then I may get an invitation to apply.

Have I got that right??

Anyone know how long WA take to assess their applications for SS?

Cheers
Old May 28th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

mrsanastasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gossage
Ok wouldn't you know it I post this and then find the answer.

I do them together at the same time. I submit EOI and apply to WA for sponsorship. If sponsorship is positive then WA tell Skillselect and then I may get an invitation to apply.

Have I got that right??

Anyone know how long WA take to assess their applications for SS?

Cheers
hi Sharon , how do you apply for state sponsorship i thought it was automatic because of visa type,i am still filling in skillset getting certified certificates and ietls exam done, its a mine field ,so any help would be great were time restricted because of age
thanks ali
Old May 28th 2013, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

You apply to your chosen state at the same time as you submit the EOI with Skillselect, it is not automatic. I think the state then let Skillselect know if you have a positive outcome and are state sponsored. The states website is a good starting point for how you apply to your chosen state.

I will looking at this more myself over the next few days. I agree it is a total mine field. I currently have a positive skills assessment and I am sitting IELTS in July but the waiting is killing me.
Old May 28th 2013, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

mrsanastasi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gossage
You apply to your chosen state at the same time as you submit the EOI with Skillselect, it is not automatic. I think the state then let Skillselect know if you have a positive outcome and are state sponsored. The states website is a good starting point for how you apply to your chosen state.

I will looking at this more myself over the next few days. I agree it is a total mine field. I currently have a positive skills assessment and I am sitting IELTS in July but the waiting is killing me.
hi,can you apply to more than one state ?? and do you send the certified copies of all degree and professional qualifications or just your highest point scoring ,other threads ive read about the IELTS tests say dont take it for a safe 20 points buy the booklet and study it good luck, ali
Old May 28th 2013, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

You should apply for state sponsorship directly to the state. Depending upon the state you are applying to you may need to have already obtained certain things e.g. the skills assessment IELTS before applying to them.