Disabled child

Old Feb 19th 2001, 10:08 pm
Louise Mac Mahon

Our family, two adults and five children aged 13 to seven months are thinking about moving
to NZ. As a group we think we're an asset to any country I was wondering however how
our 10 year old who is disabled would affect our desirability points wise. She is
moderately learning disabled and will never be an independent adult. I don't want to jump
through lots of hoops if it is just an impossibility from the start. Advice please. Can
you reply BC as well as to the NG Louise MacMahon

Old Feb 20th 2001, 7:50 am
Carolcsoal

Hi Louise

>I was wondering however how our 10 year old who is disabled would affect our desirability
>points wise.

You don't say but I am assuming you live in the UK. Go to www.immigration.govt.nz/faq/ and
look at the "Health Requirements of the Operational Manual". You could also try the
questions form on the same page, (click on "do you have any question not already
answered"), and ask a direct question. Or phone the NZ High Commission on 09069 100 100.
It starts with recorded information and costs £1 a minute but you do get the opportunity
to be put through to an advisor. Good luck Carol

Old Feb 24th 2001, 6:01 pm
Dustin

I'd just like to say good luck, and that if your child is in ANY way an impediment to
qualification, there there is something very wrong with the system, and it mightn't be the
best legislature to live under.

I've cared for the developmentally disabled for several years now. It's the most rewarding
work I've found. If Australia DOES disqualify you, perhaps check the US?

Good Luck!

> Hi Louise
>
> >I was wondering however how our 10 year old who is disabled would affect our
> >desirability points wise.
>
> You don't say but I am assuming you live in the UK. Go to www.immigration.govt.nz/faq/
> and look at the "Health Requirements of the Operational Manual". You could also try the
> questions form on the same
page,
> (click on "do you have any question not already answered"), and ask a
direct
> question. Or phone the NZ High Commission on 09069 100 100. It starts with recorded
> information and costs £1 a minute but you do get the opportunity
to be
> put through to an advisor. Good luck Carol