Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Different degree than experienced occupation

Different degree than experienced occupation

Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:33 am
Just Joined

mahipatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Different degree than experienced occupation

Hi,

Greetings!!!

New to this forum, and wishing to migrate to Australia. Just cleared IELTS with overall 6.5.

In the process, I came to know from a local agent that, I must have relevant degree as per my work experience to get a skilled assessment from VETASSESS and for points award from DIBP.

I passed Bachelor of Commerce with Accounts and Audit as a major and working as a Senior Sales Executive in a leading Reality and Infrastructure company. I have all of my 7+ years of work experience in Real Estate companies and want to apply under occupation Real Estate Representative-612115. I have been told that, I must have a degree in Sales/Marketing to successfully get assessed and later points claiming.

Hence, I want to know:

1) Can I apply to VETASSESS while I have different degree than my occupation as a Sales Executive in Real Estate companies?

2) Is it possible to get successfully assessed from VETASSESS with different studies than occupation?

3) Can I claim and get points from DIBP for my claimed occupation Real Estate Representative-612115 while I did not studied any relevant subjects of sales/marketing?

I have already gone through VETASSESS website but I was not able to get any details about it.

Please enlighten me, I am almost ready with my application but I do not want to apply without confirming above mentioned issues.

Thanks a lot,
Mihir
Old Jun 8th 2015, 6:47 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different degree than experienced occupation

Originally Posted by mahipatel
Hi,

Greetings!!!

New to this forum, and wishing to migrate to Australia. Just cleared IELTS with overall 6.5.

In the process, I came to know from a local agent that, I must have relevant degree as per my work experience to get a skilled assessment from VETASSESS and for points award from DIBP.

I passed Bachelor of Commerce with Accounts and Audit as a major and working as a Senior Sales Executive in a leading Reality and Infrastructure company. I have all of my 7+ years of work experience in Real Estate companies and want to apply under occupation Real Estate Representative-612115. I have been told that, I must have a degree in Sales/Marketing to successfully get assessed and later points claiming.

Hence, I want to know:

1) Can I apply to VETASSESS while I have different degree than my occupation as a Sales Executive in Real Estate companies?

2) Is it possible to get successfully assessed from VETASSESS with different studies than occupation?

3) Can I claim and get points from DIBP for my claimed occupation Real Estate Representative-612115 while I did not studied any relevant subjects of sales/marketing?

I have already gone through VETASSESS website but I was not able to get any details about it.

Please enlighten me, I am almost ready with my application but I do not want to apply without confirming above mentioned issues.

Thanks a lot,
Mihir
Sorry, can't help with the skills assessment but did just check the occupation. Real Estate Representative is on the CSOL only requiring either employer or state sponsorship. Checking states, most states offering sponsorship will do so only for their own graduates. I think you need to check and see if there is a pathway for you if you can overcome the skills assessment issue before you spend too much money and time on this.