DIBP Question

Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Ptweety is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DIBP Question

Hello everyone,

I am about to submit my EOI and I am the principal applicant, but I have some few questions.

1. At what stage will my partner need to submit her English test. Will it be requested by DIBP as proof of English proficiency for my partner?

2. I learnt we can do our medicals prior to submitting our application without waiting for the case officer to ask otherwise once we submit the application we must wait for case officer to formally ask.

Regards

'Tweety

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 23rd 2017 at 2:50 am. Reason: take link out of title
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 2:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DIBP Question

Originally Posted by Ptweety
Hello everyone,

I am about to submit my EOI and I am the principal applicant, but I have some few questions.

1. At what stage will my partner need to submit her English test. Will it be requested by DIBP as proof of English proficiency for my partner?

2. I learnt we can do our medicals prior to submitting our application without waiting for the case officer to ask otherwise once we submit the application we must wait for case officer to formally ask.

Regards

'Tweety
Your CO will ask for proof before issuing visa if it is needed. Otherwise the 2nd VAC may apply. If you already have the proof, upload it with the other documents.
Old Jun 23rd 2017, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

If your partner needs an English test because their nationalist isn't exempt, I would do it now.

There is no benefit of doing medicals early as they will just sit on the system until the point the CO would have requested them, but there are some risks. First, you must make first entry within 12 months of the police or medical check, which ever is earlier. So, you could find yourself in a big rush to make a trip to Australia. Failure to do so, cancels the visa. Then, if there was a delay in processing the visa, you could end up having to do them again.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

I concur with verystormy. Go on and do the English test.

No point in doing medicals now, for reasons stated above. It generally does not take long to book an appointment, the results get uploaded electronically to DIBP directly by the facility, and go on your file in 48 hours. Your file is very unlikely to be sped along quicker by doing medicals now.