DIBP name change

Old Jan 1st 2018, 12:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default DIBP name change

First I've heard of it, but the Department of Immigration and Border Protection is no more. I pity the people who have only just stopped calling it DIAC

Welcome to the Department of Home Affairs
On 20 December 2017, the Home Affairs Portfolio, including the Department of Home Affairs, was formally established.

The establishment of the Portfolio brings together Australia's federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs and immigration and border-related functions and agencies, working together to keep Australia safe.
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Old Jan 1st 2018, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIBP name change

They have had more name changes than el shonko used car dealers.
Old Jan 1st 2018, 7:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
First I've heard of it, but the Department of Immigration and Border Protection is no more. I pity the people who have only just stopped calling it DIAC

Welcome to the Department of Home Affairs
On 20 December 2017, the Home Affairs Portfolio, including the Department of Home Affairs, was formally established.

The establishment of the Portfolio brings together Australia's federal law enforcement, national and transport security, criminal justice, emergency management, multicultural affairs and immigration and border-related functions and agencies, working together to keep Australia safe.
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Yeah they rejigged them around the same time as the Queensland ones which were rearranged after the state election. Pain in the bum for the staff and annoying and confusing for the public!
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:35 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Yup. DIAC to DIBP, now Department of Home Affairs. DOHA?

Richard
Old Jan 4th 2018, 9:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Yup. DIAC to DIBP, now Department of Home Affairs. DOHA?

Richard
They've probably done a sponsorship deal with Qatar Airways - free flights for DOHA staff
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:18 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
They've probably done a sponsorship deal with Qatar Airways - free flights for DOHA staff

And going back even further the were DIMA and then DIMIA. Thats 5 since 2002
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

And going back even further the were DIMA and then DIMIA. Thats 5 since 2002
Thank you. I was trying to remember what I knew them as when I went through the system. Just madness.
Old Jan 4th 2018, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't they just call it the Dept of Love it Leave It (but give us your cash first)
Old Jan 4th 2018, 6:19 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Thank you. I was trying to remember what I knew them as when I went through the system. Just madness.
At least all their links now redirect automatically - do you remember the days when we had to change every forum link manually when the Dept changed its name? Dead links everywhere!
Old Jan 5th 2018, 8:50 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, Dima. Those were the days...
Old Jan 5th 2018, 9:10 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
Ah, Dima. Those were the days...
...seems so long ago I made the mistake of getting my first visa from them