Developer

Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:34 am
Just Joined

sptappeta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Developer

Hi
I have more than 6.5 years of experience in Oracle pl/sql development and performance tuning .
I am planning to apply for Developer programmer (261312)
But I am from non IT educational background. B.tech in Electrical and M.tech in Power electronics.
Also in my company , the role and designation are not the same .
In my Pay slips and Experinece letters, only the
designation is shown but not the role.So

2008- 2012 Designation is Asisstant Systems Engineer but role Developer.
2012 - tilldate Designation is I.T.Analyst but role is again Developer.

So how can i prove that i'm a developer for all these years ?
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Developer

Originally Posted by sptappeta
Hi
I have more than 6.5 years of experience in Oracle pl/sql development and performance tuning .
I am planning to apply for Developer programmer (261312)
But I am from non IT educational background. B.tech in Electrical and M.tech in Power electronics.
Also in my company , the role and designation are not the same .
In my Pay slips and Experinece letters, only the
designation is shown but not the role.So

2008- 2012 Designation is Asisstant Systems Engineer but role Developer.
2012 - tilldate Designation is I.T.Analyst but role is again Developer.

So how can i prove that i'm a developer for all these years ?
Have you checked on the ACS website what the expected duties and responsibilities are for Developer?

It's also worth checking if you can pass the skills assessment for any occupation with non ICT qualifications.

Have a look here for a start - https://www.acs.org.au/migration-skills-assessment
Old Dec 17th 2014, 6:34 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you could prove that you are a developer if you could give enough clear evidence of your role. Designations don't matter.

As your academic background does not match that required for a Developer programmer (261312). And it is most likely they will knock off 4 years of your experience during assessment and you'll have only 2.5 yrs to count as skilled experience.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 10:35 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ekhfaiz
Yes you could prove that you are a developer if you could give enough clear evidence of your role. Designations don't matter.

As your academic background does not match that required for a Developer programmer (261312). And it is most likely they will knock off 4 years of your experience during assessment and you'll have only 2.5 yrs to count as skilled experience.
A non ICT qualification of diploma level or higher requires 6 years experience and a RPL application - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...teria-2014.pdf

If OP can pass this assessment, worth also checking to see if they can pass the points test which is going to be difficult with no experience points
Old Dec 18th 2014, 6:12 am
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Sparkles is right. It might happen you won't have any points for your experience even if you clear the assessment.

Suggestion is to have a professional advice as well.