Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

defacto visa subclass 309/100 need help please

defacto visa subclass 309/100 need help please

Old Jan 29th 2015, 3:05 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: defacto visa subclass 309/100 need help please

Originally Posted by moconnor89
well to be honest we dont want to just go to a registry office and drag 2 mates for witnesses. looking into information for proof of supporting each other whilst not living together, i have been through bank statements from 2012 showing lots of flights that we booked to see each other whilst she was in college there is also bank transfers from myself to my gf also, will this be enough evidence to show our relationship was always genuine and continuing whilst not living together?
But that's the thing, no one here is going to be able to tell you that you have sufficient evidence, or that you don't have sufficient evidence. A registered migration agent will be able to give you a well educated guess, but even they won't be able to give you any guarantees.

I think you have three choices, and which one you take depends entirely on you and your girlfriend
  • wait until you've been living together this time for 12 months and then apply
  • put your application in with the evidence you have now, and cross your fingers that you don't get a refusal and lose your application fee
  • have a civil marriage ceremony now and the full bifta later
Old Jan 29th 2015, 8:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: defacto visa subclass 309/100 need help please

If you don't want to get married on the cheap then registering your relationship in Australia is definitely the way to go.