Parent visa - which category to appply for

Old Jul 18th 2017, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

AmirMehmood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parent visa - which category to appply for

Hi,

Please help with the following query.

My PR visa was granted on 27/06/2017. I want to bring my mother to Australia for as long as possible.
I have 3 other siblings. One living in Pakistan with my mother. One in Canada and one in England.
My mother is 61 years old living with my brother. She has the house in her name in Pakistan.
She has visited England and Canada recently.
I am living with my wife and my income is 49000 per annum.
(1) Can you please tell me which type of visa best suits for me to bring her here? Parent or Visitor visa. Any specific visa number, I should apply for?
(2) Which type of documents should I attach to my visa application?

Thank you,
Amir Mehmood
Old Jul 18th 2017, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent visa - which category to appply for

From what you have said you would not pass the balance of family test for your parents to apply for a parent visa. You will need to look at the visitor visas that apply from her home country, I don't know the numbers but I think they can be up to a year.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Even if she passes the balance of family test, you can't sponsor a parent until you are settled in Australia - two years on PR.

She can visit and look at the 600 visa.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

AmirMehmood is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for helping me out.

In 600 should I go for family stream or just a tourist visa or any other sub category?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The 600 family is better as it gives more options, but more hoops to jump through to get. The tourist stream, not as many hoops, but not as good a visa.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

giri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond reputegiri26 has a reputation beyond repute

Tourist Visa is better and quick. When I was applying for my parents I found the process to be simpler.