Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Old Jun 15th 2013, 6:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Originally Posted by Madras
Apologies Allan,

I actually wanted to seek help or advise on my case. However in trying to explain my scenario may be I cluttered this thread.

However please let me know what are my options now and can I contact you in case the application comes to a rejection stage. If required I can start another thread in the forum.

Also all others who responded a big thank you fit your feedback and advise. Really appreciated.
You've been advised to contact an agent, and with such complex circumstances thats probably what you should do. The kind of assistance you seem to be requesting is really beyond the free advice you should be expecting from agents on here.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Madras is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Thanks a lot for the information.

For now I will wait for the CO as advised by others to reject and in case I come to a sage of rejection I will contact the migration agents for further advise.
Old Jun 15th 2013, 8:54 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NirajK
Hi George,

What about RPL applications? Is ACS going to consider skilled date after 6 years?

I have done Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (4 yr ) and 7 yr 2 month experience closely related to nominated occupation.
Nirajk,

Yes I think that the ACS assessment will add 6 years but we are still waiting on a reply from DIAC as to how this might work. FWIW if your degree isn't related to IT then you would probably have had to add five years under ANZSCO anyway.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 17th 2013, 3:01 am
Just Joined

NirajK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Nirajk,

Yes I think that the ACS assessment will add 6 years but we are still waiting on a reply from DIAC as to how this might work. FWIW if your degree isn't related to IT then you would probably have had to add five years under ANZSCO anyway.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Yes. I am prepared for that. My concern is that they should not deduct more than 6 years. I have seen, in summary of criteria document, for some education, they are going to deduct 8 years and this will make me ineligible right away.

Please post your reply from DIAC on RPL as soon as you get it. I am going to apply to ACS this week.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:23 am
Just Joined

VincentLuf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for the information.

For now I will wait for the CO as advised by others to reject and in case I come to a sage of rejection I will contact the migration agents for further advise.
Madras, any update on your situation?

I'm also impacted with this new change in ACS letter
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:24 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VincentLuf
Madras, any update on your situation?

I'm also impacted with this new change in ACS letter
Think it may be a bit early to be asking that - he was only asking on Saturday
Old Jun 17th 2013, 9:30 am
Just Joined

No not yet as expected

But one interesting development is my medical link which was appearing is now has gone today. Don't know what it signifies .

I will hope for the best an prepare for te worst..... Phew taking risks is not easy even though I has thought about it all before applying

Anyways I feel even if I go through you should still wait fr George or other MARA agents to confirm the new rules before proceeding ahead. Because no two case officers are same and hence me go g through or not going through is not a proof anything unless clear policies are defined and understood

My two cents on this

Last edited by Madras; Jun 17th 2013 at 9:34 am.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

***** GOLDEN GRANT RECIEVED ******
Hi All,

I am very very pleased to advise that i have recieved my grant today for 189 visa.

Amidst all the confusion and heart break i have had and the thougths of getting rejected and getting barred from appling for 3 years and all those sleepless nights it was a very painful 1.5 months i must say.

But all is well that ends well isnt it.. I felt that the risk i took paid off and i have my visa granted today. I am so so so happy and cannot express teh happines in words.

Thanks all for all the help, wealth of information and support.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 1:04 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Madras - you made it over the line!

Best wishes.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 1:04 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

***** GOLDEN GRANT RECIEVED ******
Hi All,

I am very very pleased to advise that i have recieved my grant today for 189 visa.

Amidst all the confusion and heart break i have had and the thougths of getting rejected and getting barred from appling for 3 years and all those sleepless nights it was a very painful 1.5 months i must say.

But all is well that ends well isnt it.. I felt that the risk i took paid off and i have my visa granted today. I am so so so happy and cannot express teh happines in words.

Thanks all for all the help, wealth of information and support.
Congratulations Madras
Old Jun 18th 2013, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all..

Phew this morning when I saw case officers mail I thought it was a rejection mail and was scared to death to open it... But destiny works in different ways I must say...
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:06 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

DIAC have replied to me this morning that they intend to amend the PAMS (internal DIAC policy) to give an assessing agency's policy primacy in determining skilled work experience. This may mean that people such as Madras are fortunate that the policy hasn't been fully implemented, unfortunately until there is no indication as to when the policy will be fully implemented.

Good luck to all those waiting.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:41 am
Just Joined

VincentLuf is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks George,

This is means until that until there is no official communication from DIAC. The latter will use their currently rules.

Hope they implement it in some months not now
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:44 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Hi Vincent,

Hard to say what they'll do. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:07 am
Just Joined

devanand is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Vincent,

Hard to say what they'll do. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,

George Lombard
George,

Since the policy has not yet been officially rolled out, would it be wise to take risk the way Madras did and lodge the visa application for the ones who already have an invite?

Devanand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.