Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Old Jan 1st 2014, 6:45 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Originally Posted by tmubashirpk
to agree with the post #132 then there is no point in the validity of an assessment letter for 2 years, because it becomes void any time assessing body changes their criteria, if someone has a suitable skill assessment letter which is valid why would he/she go to acs website for checking the criteria at the time of visa application, i believe there is still a lot of confusion surrounding this. fingers crossed as I have already applied and there is nothing I can do now.
I have changed my job, i do not understand what you asked in the second question, my letter was issued in 08/2012 and my experience till 06/2012 was assessed from 03/2010, which is 4 years and 3 months, now i do have sufficient experience even with the new criteria but do not have the money to withdraw my current application and spend 500 AUD on a new skill assessment and 3520 AUD for new visa application.
I asked because you said you were assessed with a total of 4 years and 3 months and the assessment was more than a year old at time of application, so wondered if you actually had a total of more than 5 years. As you have only claimed points for 3 years, you would be fine even if a CO made the extra deduction.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 7:40 am
Just Joined

tmubashirpk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

Two of my employments were accessed by ACS but I left my second job 24 days before completing my 5 years. My third employment tough relevant but can not be considered as I only started it after getting letter from ACS,
so as per post #132 if my CO tries to put a met date on his own I will be screwed.
ACS has messed up a very streamlined immigration process as both EOI and online application form does not have fields where you can specify experience required to become skilled. In EOI if anyone specifies any experience as relevant they will be awarded points automatically.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 7:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tmubashirpk
Two of my employments were accessed by ACS but I left my second job 24 days before completing my 5 years. My third employment tough relevant but can not be considered as I only started it after getting letter from ACS,
so as per post #132 if my CO tries to put a met date on his own I will be screwed.
ACS has messed up a very streamlined immigration process as both EOI and online application form does not have fields where you can specify experience required to become skilled. In EOI if anyone specifies any experience as relevant they will be awarded points automatically.
I would have provided evidence of the additional work just in case - not everyone has all of their employment assessed. But anyway, you just have to keep your fingers crossed that you will be okay and the CO accepts the assessment without applying the additional criteria. It still is probably worth having a chat with a MARA agent though
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

tushar_bh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Deeming Dates for Skilled Applications - Australian Computer Society

My relevant experience is 7yrs 10 months.

My degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to nominated occupation.
it should require 2 years relevant work experience to meet the suitability criteria.

So why does the result say employment after November 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level.

they have taken off 4yrs instead of 2 yrs?

My Acs Result
-------
Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:

Your Master of Science in Information Technology from abc University completed
April 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in
computing

Your Bachelor of Computer Applications from xyz University
completed December 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a
major in computing

The following employment after November 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 08/05 - 10/06 (1yrs 2mths)
Position: Technical Support Executive

Dates: 01/07 - 10/08 (1yrs 9mths)
Position: Technical Solutions Rep II

Dates: 10/08 - 09/09 (0yrs 11mths)
Position: System Administrator

Dates: 09/09 - 03/13 (3yrs 6mths)
Position: Senior Consultant

Dates: 03/13 - 09/13 (0yrs 6mths)
Position: Senior Support Engineer

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.

Dates: 04/04 - 11/04 (0yrs 0mths)
Position: Customer Service Executive - Not Closely Related to the Nominated ANZSCO

-------
Old Apr 11th 2014, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by tushar_bh
My relevant experience is 7yrs 10 months.

My degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to nominated occupation.
it should require 2 years relevant work experience to meet the suitability criteria.

So why does the result say employment after November 2009 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level.

they have taken off 4yrs instead of 2 yrs?

-------
It seems they don't think the qualification is closely related to your nominated occupation - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...teria-2014.pdf