December 2007 Applicants

Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough
Default Re: December 2007 Applicants

Hi to All

We're new to the forum, which was recommended to us by MarvinC, aka my mate Wendy!
We are now the recipients of our confirmation email

I am writing to confirm that your application for a 175 Skilled visa was submitted to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC), Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) in Adelaide, South Australia on 8th December 2007

Have explored the forum some, and definitely found it to be one of the most useful expat forums around...
Will be adding our details onto the spreadsheet!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

Daan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
We lodged our 175 on the 19th of December through the Internet. It was a hell of a fuzz getting all documents together, scanned and staying within the 1MB limit. I had to make some documents black and white instead of the original color ones. Does anyone know if this could be a problem?

Also the passport photo requirement. They say you should upload two of each applicant. Sounds silly to me to upload twice the same picture.

Uploading 35 attachments was no problem for me here in Amsterdam. Worked pretty smooth.
I also included a rather large covering letter explaining all attachments. Hopefully they read that first

Good luck everyone
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:22 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Daan
I had to make some documents black and white instead of the original color ones. Does anyone know if this could be a problem?
Erh, yep - I think copies have to be in colour, if not they have to be "certified" by someone...

Also the passport photo requirement. They say you should upload two of each applicant. Sounds silly to me to upload twice the same picture.
Where did it tell you to upload 2 images?

Last edited by Simon.and.Kate; Jan 7th 2008 at 4:26 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:29 pm

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Hi there,
We lodged our 175 on the 19th of December through the Internet. It was a hell of a fuzz getting all documents together, scanned and staying within the 1MB limit. I had to make some documents black and white instead of the original color ones. Does anyone know if this could be a problem?

Uploading 35 attachments was no problem for me here in Amsterdam. Worked pretty smooth.
I also included a rather large covering letter explaining all attachments. Hopefully they read that first

Good luck everyone
From my original email:

FURTHER DOCUMENT REQUEST

To assist in the assessment of your application you must provide additional documentation. If you have not already done so, please provide to the ASPC the documents listed below:

SIMON ASHLEY WARD
Birth certificate or other evidence of age
Copy of page of passport containing personal details
Evidence of de-facto relationship
Evidence of overseas qualifications
Evidence of relationship
Evidence of skills assessment
Evidence of 'Specific Work Experience'
Passport photo
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray
Form 26EH - Medical examination for an Australian visa
Family Tree Diagram
Form 47P - Overseas penal clearance certificate
KATE ELIZABETH BROOKER
Birth certificate or other evidence of age
Copy of page of passport containing personal details
Passport photo
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray
Form 26EH - Medical examination for an Australian visa
Form 47P - Overseas penal clearance certificate
also:

The ASPC accepts scanned copies of original documents (non-certified) provided they are in colour. If you scan documents in black and white, then they must be scanned copies of the certified copies.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
From my original email:

also:
About the scanned documents: I included the scanned copies of the certified copies. Didn't know I could also just scan the originals??? Would have saved me a lot of time and some money.

About the photos, I read this from the Subclass 175 Checklist: "Two (2) recent passport photographs for all applicants and any dependents who are not migrating."
Old Jan 7th 2008, 4:55 pm

About the scanned documents: I included the scanned copies of the certified copies. Didn't know I could also just scan the originals??? Would have saved me a lot of time and some money.
Yep.

About the photos, I read this from the Subclass 175 Checklist: "Two (2) recent passport photographs for all applicants and any dependents who are not migrating."
Is that a checklist for a paper based copy though? Or from your ack' email?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
Yep.

Is that a checklist for a paper based copy though? Or from your ack' email?
I guess it's the checklist for the paper based copy. So no worries...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 5:28 pm

I guess it's the checklist for the paper based copy. So no worries...
Cool. So apart from getting documents certified unnecessarily, you're sorted!
I hope everything goes OK with your application...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

OZdude is on a distinguished road
Question Re: December 2007 Applicants

Originally Posted by allankate
Hi

Congratulations on getting the visa app submitted. I also have an ongoing Family sponsored 176 app in place.

You need to get uploading all the documents requested if you haven't started already. Also have you given your sponsor the links to start their part of the application?

Not sure what the current time scales are for CO allocation but ideally you want to have everything in place ready for when your CO looks at your file, that way you should have a short time frame once CO looks at your file.

Best to get the Meds & Police checks done pretty soon as well just in case, but bear in mind that once visa granted you have to validate within 12 months of the date of your meds & PCC, so as long as you're ready to go before next Jan then getting this done now should get your visa faster.

One thing about sponsorship that I was asked for, but it wasn't on my checklist, was for a copy of sponsors Aus Citizenship certs.

Good luck anyway, if you have any questions just ask :

Allan
Hi Allan,
Thanks for your reply mate! Congrats on your 176 app..
I am currently on a State Nominated 176 app, where all relevant docs have been signed and returned to the State Department for processing.

I have scanned and attached all docs & PCC has been requested. The only thing pending now is the meds... Wondering if I need to do anything else before being alocated a CO?? Should I be receiving any other notification or email from the immi department (some sort of acknowledgment) besides the auto generated email? If yes, when can i expect to receive one??

Anyone has any idea on the processing timeline for allocation of a CO and the processing of 176 visa?

Thanks in advance..
Cheers.
OZdude.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:01 pm

From what I can make out, your all done and just need to wait. From what you've said, I presume that you've applied online. You'll know that you have a case officer when the requirements start turning to 'met'. Some people manage to get through without even having to deal with a case officer. They simply come along, look at all your evidence, sign it off and once it's been processed, done! The most contact you have with a case officer is if they need more evidence for something...

For timelines, it varies depending on volume of applications etc. So I'm affriad it's a game of patience. The best thing at the moment is to study this site: www.beupdate.co.uk (started by someone else, but Allan is now also involved). Obviously there where changes on September 1st to consider. Some people who applied at the begining of September got processed quite quickly. But now only people at the begining of October are being looked at (depending on the visa type).

We submitted our application at the begining of December and everything is in place for a case officer to look at. But I'm not expecting it to be looked at until March at least. I'm hoping it'll be all finished by April/May, But as long as it's done by mid August, I won't mind.

I'm not sure if your's might be different / faster though because a 'state' is involved?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: December 2007 Applicants

Hi Simon,

Sounds good to me! I guess it's all about the 'waiting' game now.

Thanks..
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

stenix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again people - I've just read about the passport photos...
Are we required to upload these even when we apply online?? I haven't yet (thought it was just for paper based applications).

Just about finished uploading everything now (Keep thinking of other things to scan!) - just waiting for police checks for here in Aus then all we have to do is sort out the medicals which we'll probably do in the next couple of weeks.

Then it's the waiting game!!
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:58 pm

The quote I gave at the top of this page was directly from the automated email I got straight after submitting the application, and yes - it asked for a passport photo of each applicant...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:40 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Does anyone know if it means anything that they have charged your Visa for the application? Do they have some sort of automatic online system to do it at the same time as the application is beeing sent or?

Just noticed that the money has gone the same day as we received the acknowledgement...

Kaitlin
Old Jan 8th 2008, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: December 2007 Applicants

Hi Kaitlin,

Not sure if that means anything.. I've got mine charged the same way as you got yours... Seems likes an automated online transaction system which charges your CC the same day the application was sent in.

Anyone has an idea on this ??

OZdude..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.