De Facto Questions

Old Mar 5th 2001, 12:18 pm
SM

We have just submitted an application for de facto spouse TR, but have the
following worries:

1. As we are expats, my employer has paid for accommodation and transport, and so we don't
have a lot of shared large expenses.

2. My partner is divorced and I have tried to show some sensibility not using any of the
money she got in the settlement. We deliberately keep our financial affairs fairly
separate when it comes down to larger sums, although once in Australia we imagine both
chipping in qually.

Is this likely to be a problem at all?

On the other hand, we have a bunch of declarations from diplomats here that have been to
the company flat where we live for dinner etc and have seen that we both live here and
lead a joint social life etc. Both of our employers have said that we are treated for
corporate functions as a couple etc, and we have significant numbers of travel receipts.

But, again, I forgot totally the good idea of sending joint invitations and photos.
Photos will be difficult as they are all back in the UK not with us here, but is it worth
getting some invitations together (the ones I have not thrown out) or should it be
alright without them?

Regards,

Seb