De Facto to De Facto

Old May 15th 2017, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

izzy0506 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De Facto to De Facto

Hi all,

I have a few questions and would love some advice.

I lived in Australia from Feb 2011 to June 2014. I came over on a working holiday, was granted a 457 in Oct 2011 as a de factor on my boyfriend's visa at the time.

I became a PR, and then left Australia in June 2014 when we broke up and moved back to the UK.

In classic ping-pong Pom style, I'm planning to be back in Australia in October. However, I am going with a new British partner and I was wondering what the options were for him.

He is 33 therefore too old for the working holiday visa. The other route is sponsorship, but I have been thinking about whether it is worth applying for him to be my de facto.

My concern is although I am a PR, my visa status is classified as de facto because it was secondary with my ex as the primary visa holder. I can imagine immigration will see this as a bit of a red flag if I try and put my boyfriend on my PR as de facto! Everything is above board, and I've lived with my partner over 12 months, but I don't really want to risk this if it is unlikely to go through, partially financially.

Do we think immigration will not consider this application due to this situation?
Old May 15th 2017, 9:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De Facto to De Facto

Originally Posted by izzy0506
Hi all,

I have a few questions and would love some advice.

I lived in Australia from Feb 2011 to June 2014. I came over on a working holiday, was granted a 457 in Oct 2011 as a de factor on my boyfriend's visa at the time.

I became a PR, and then left Australia in June 2014 when we broke up and moved back to the UK.

In classic ping-pong Pom style, I'm planning to be back in Australia in October. However, I am going with a new British partner and I was wondering what the options were for him.

He is 33 therefore too old for the working holiday visa. The other route is sponsorship, but I have been thinking about whether it is worth applying for him to be my de facto.

My concern is although I am a PR, my visa status is classified as de facto because it was secondary with my ex as the primary visa holder. I can imagine immigration will see this as a bit of a red flag if I try and put my boyfriend on my PR as de facto! Everything is above board, and I've lived with my partner over 12 months, but I don't really want to risk this if it is unlikely to go through, partially financially.

Do we think immigration will not consider this application due to this situation?
Won't make any difference.
When the application goes in you will be asked to state any previous relationships, and the date they ended (as will your partner). You then both state when the current relationship started and show the relevant supporting documents.
Old May 16th 2017, 1:25 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget if your PR has expired you may need a RRV to get back in. You have PR in your own right, so you ex partner should not be an issue. We are thinking of ping ponging back the other way for a year or two. Missus fancies Ireland for a change, possibly Galway or Dublin.
Old May 17th 2017, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

izzy0506 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Don't forget if your PR has expired you may need a RRV to get back in. You have PR in your own right, so you ex partner should not be an issue. We are thinking of ping ponging back the other way for a year or two. Missus fancies Ireland for a change, possibly Galway or Dublin.
I've got my PR until April 2018 and back in aus in October 2017 so should be fine. Do you know off the top of your head the cost for a de facto visa? And ping pong poms all the way!
Old May 19th 2017, 7:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izzy0506
I've got my PR until April 2018 and back in aus in October 2017 so should be fine. Do you know off the top of your head the cost for a de facto visa? And ping pong poms all the way!
$6,865 (A tad higher than I paid 13 years ago).