De facto advice please!

Old Jan 25th 2018, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

sharpy96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default De facto advice please!

I've been with my boyfriend for over two years now and we are moving to Aus in September, but I have a few questions on the de facto visas available.
So I've been told processing time for offshore is considerably shorter than onshore, but still can be longer than the 7 months between now and when we go to Aus. If I apply for an offshore visa can I enter Australia on a working holiday visa so I can work until the visa is ready to be granted? I understand that at this point I must leave Australia for at least 4 working days.

If not, what visa should I enter Australia on to enable me to apply for the partner visa onshore?

I'm 22, will have recently graduated from Uni, and have been with my boyfriend (Aussie citizen) for 2 years, living together for 1 year.

Thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2018, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: De facto advice please!

Someone posted on here that their turnaround time was 2 months very recently so if you apply now you should be lucky. Better that than risking entering as a tourist with no intention of being a tourist. If you’ve got your 12 months cohabitation then get applying!
Old Jan 26th 2018, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
Someone posted on here that their turnaround time was 2 months very recently so if you apply now you should be lucky. Better that than risking entering as a tourist with no intention of being a tourist. If you’ve got your 12 months cohabitation then get applying!
I definitely see your point but then what if we didn’t get lucky and the decision wasn’t back before we leave! (We have to go over then for a family wedding)
What visa would I enter Aus on? Because from what I gather I can just go to any other country in the world when it’s ready to process and stay there for 4 days.
Old Jan 26th 2018, 10:40 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharpy96
I definitely see your point but then what if we didn’t get lucky and the decision wasn’t back before we leave! (We have to go over then for a family wedding)
What visa would I enter Aus on? Because from what I gather I can just go to any other country in the world when it’s ready to process and stay there for 4 days.
If your visa is not granted in time, inform your CO of your plans and travel on tourist visa which will allow you to stay for up to 3 months
Old Jan 26th 2018, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If your visa is not granted in time, inform your CO of your plans and travel on tourist visa which will allow you to stay for up to 3 months
Okay thanks. So if my visa gets granted whilst I’m on shore for those three months I just leave the country and then return to complete the process?
Old Jan 26th 2018, 10:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharpy96
Okay thanks. So if my visa gets granted whilst I’m on shore for those three months I just leave the country and then return to complete the process?
They wont grant your visa while you are onshore but will notify you that they are ready to grant, and that you need to go offshore for that to happen.