British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Dandenong citizenship ceremony (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/dandenong-citizenship-ceremony-606183/)

bilal154 Mar 28th 2009 3:50 pm

ceremony waiting time

Hi Forum members ,
Can any one tell how much is ceremony waitin time in dandenong council after the approval of citizenship if some one has recently attended the citizenship ceremony and also is DIAC who organises that or the council

cheers

bilal154 Apr 29th 2009 9:32 am

Dandenong citizenship ceremony

Hi all,
IS there any body awaiting citizenship ceremony since dec/jan09 or any body recently attended any ceremony in dandenong area

Cheers

pontings gone Apr 30th 2009 10:56 am

Re: ceremony

Originally Posted by bilal154 (Post 7525523)
Hi all,
IS there any body awaiting citizenship ceremony since dec/jan09 or any body recently attended any ceremony in dandenong area

Cheers

Yes I'm still waiting. I was approved late December by the Dandenong Immigration office. It all depends on the council. Which one are you registered with?

bilal154 Apr 30th 2009 11:35 am

Originally Posted by pontings gone (Post 7529148)
Yes I'm still waiting. I was approved late December by the Dandenong Immigration office. It all depends on the council. Which one are you registered with?

Yeah me in dandenong council too so u have nt so far received the invitation to attend ?

cheers

AsadsBride May 1st 2009 10:45 am

Hey,

They usually take their own time and always complain about the back log. However, I have had bad expereince with them in terms of organsing ceremony, they twice rescheduled it and one of the rescehdule letter even was not showing correct info.

Hows that !

But when you apply for passport they are strangely quick....not sure if I had put the dates to travel right after 2 weeks ;)

pontings gone May 1st 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by bilal154 (Post 7529255)
Yeah me in dandenong council too so u have nt so far received the invitation to attend ?

cheers

No I don't live in Dandenong council area, I live in city of Monash. I was approved by Dandenong immigration office. There are two in Melbourne, Melbourne CBD and Dandenong.

nash May 13th 2009 2:49 am

do any one have an idea, when would be the next ceremong at dandenong council

JAJ May 14th 2009 1:37 am

Originally Posted by nash (Post 7566544)
do any one have an idea, when would be the next ceremong at dandenong council

Have you thought of asking them directly?

nash May 14th 2009 2:45 am

ii went to the council, but they told i have to speak to the immi people, when i call the immi, they told i have to speak to the council,

bilal154 May 14th 2009 4:51 am

Originally Posted by nash (Post 7569880)
ii went to the council, but they told i have to speak to the immi people, when i call the immi, they told i have to speak to the council,

And also it is not necessary that u wil get a place in the next ceremony as it depends on how many people r in the waiting before u n also in Dandenong it takes atleast 5-6 months
cheers

nash May 25th 2009 3:02 am

which month applicants are attending the ceremony now

JAJ May 25th 2009 3:59 am

Originally Posted by nash (Post 7569880)

You can still ask the council the ceremony dates. Ceremonies are open to anyone to attend (as far as I understand) and in any case the dates are not a state secret.

Contact your local councillor if the council refuses to help, also if they don't have enough ceremonies organised to deal with the number of applicants.

bilal154 May 25th 2009 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 7601033)
You can still ask the council the ceremony dates. Ceremonies are open to anyone to attend (as far as I understand) and in any case the dates are not a state secret.

Contact your local councillor if the council refuses to help, also if they don't have enough ceremonies organised to deal with the number of applicants.

Yeah but they say they dont organise it and its organised by DIAC and people have been waiting for 4-5 months atleast

JAJ May 25th 2009 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by bilal154 (Post 7602328)
Yeah but they say they dont organise it and its organised by DIAC and people have been waiting for 4-5 months atleast

The council do organise the ceremonies. DIAC provide them the list of attendees.

Ask them for all dates they have planned this year.

didik May 28th 2009 1:30 am

I want to stress what JAJ has said "Contact your local councillor if the council refuses to help, also if they don't have enough ceremonies organised to deal with the number of applicants." THIS WORKS!

Waiting for more than 6 months for A CEREMONY is totally unacceptable and NOT RIGHT. After the application has been approved, you should be getting the ceremony within 3 months, wait no longer than that. You need to argue your case with the local councillor! All the best.