one way ticket on an evisa

Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

forgetmenot will become famous soon enough
Default one way ticket on an evisa

Hi, I have been looking at booking mine and my 11 month old's plane tickets to Aus, my son has an Australian passport but i will be travelling on an Evisa and applying for a partner residency visa as soon as I get out there. Does anyone know if I can buy a one way ticket (half the price of a return) without getting any hassle at customs. I have heard something about, as long as you can show them you have sufficiant funds to buy a return it is ok.
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: one way ticket on an evisa

Dunno but I'd be happy to hear who is doing a 1 way for half the price of a return?
Old Jun 27th 2009, 11:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by forgetmenot
Hi, I have been looking at booking mine and my 11 month old's plane tickets to Aus, my son has an Australian passport but i will be travelling on an Evisa and applying for a partner residency visa as soon as I get out there.
You're not supposed to arrive as a tourist if you intend to remain (you will be asked) and why on earth would you want to do it that way anyhow?
Old Jun 28th 2009, 12:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's generally quicker and easier to get a Spouse Visa whilst in the UK. I think Customs will be very unimpressed with you turning up with son as an Aus Citizen and you as a tourist with no proof that you intend leaving regardless of how much money you have.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely what JAJ and moneypenny said - you would be taking quite a risk IMHO because if they think that you will be abusing your visa conditions they can, and will, pop you right back on the next plane home with a "do not visit us for 3 years" sticker stuck in your passport. Do it right the first time around and you will have much less hassle.

As for returns being double the price of a single - dont know who does that, in my experience they are much of a muchness and you never know when you might want to leave! Be very very careful too that if your son's father is an Australian you get an agreement from him to return you and your son to UK if you absolutely hate it here because Aus is one of those countries that wont let kids go if one parent says they have to stay here. And another tip - dont live anywhere near the inlaws!
Old Jun 28th 2009, 11:48 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold

Tourist visa and one way ticket?

I doubt very much that the airline will even allow you to board because if Immigration denies you entry to Australia... quite likely... the airline has to wear the cost of sending you back.