Criminal record and getting into austraila

Old May 4th 2015, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

SHARKDD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal record and getting into austraila

Hi everyone i am 26 and looking to go to OZ over to a mate soon on a working holiday visa but i had a wild past with 15 or 16 criminal convictions just been young and stupid when i apply for my visa do you think i should tell the truth or say nothing as my friend told me they ask him nothing when he got there no questions where asked any feedback be great
Old May 5th 2015, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal record and getting into austraila

Hi and welcome to BE.

I would suggest you speak the truth otherwise if they find out you will be banished forever from Australian shores.
Old May 5th 2015, 12:08 am
Just Joined

But what if they refuse me then there is loads there in same boat as me that lied i don't know what to do to its confusing mate
Old May 5th 2015, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Just because other applicants choose to be less than forthcoming in their declarations doesn't mean you should. But, ultimately, no one's going to dob you in for your omission - certainly no one from the forum anyway. It's up to you, but if you're caught out, I'm pretty sure the consequences can be quite severe....
Old May 5th 2015, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

As someone that travels a lot internationally in and out of oz, you would be surprised at how many people are pulled over to have their details checked. If you are one, then you would be deported and banned. That doesn't only effect any future visit to oz, but to pretty much any country outside of Europe - when you apply for a visa even for tourism, a routine question is if you have ever been deported from a country.
Old May 5th 2015, 8:40 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SHARKDD
But what if they refuse me then there is loads there in same boat as me that lied i don't know what to do to its confusing mate
Nobody here is going to encourage you to lie. If that's what you intend to do then don't come here looking for validation. If you choose to be truthful and apply for the correct visa you may (probably will) have your application sent for further checks. There's nothing saying you definitely will not be granted a visa. However, if you lie and are found out it is very likely you will be on the next plane home and face a long ban from entering again.
Old May 5th 2015, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

thank you very much for your advice
Old May 7th 2015, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

Croker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond reputeCroker has a reputation beyond repute

I remember posting in a thread that was a little similar to this a while ago. You've been advised well, here, to be honest. I actually work in immigration in the UK, and I can tell you that - the instant you lie (or lie by omission) - we will refuse you entry. The Australians will be no different.

Just be honest; if these are juvenile convictions of a not particularly serious nature, then you may have little to worry about, as unlikely as that may seem to you right now!
Old May 11th 2015, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Croker
I remember posting in a thread that was a little similar to this a while ago. You've been advised well, here, to be honest. I actually work in immigration in the UK, and I can tell you that - the instant you lie (or lie by omission) - we will refuse you entry. The Australians will be no different.

Just be honest; if these are juvenile convictions of a not particularly serious nature, then you may have little to worry about, as unlikely as that may seem to you right now!
Old Jul 6th 2015, 11:04 am
Just Joined

KieranJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, does anyone know any agents that are particularly successful in dealing with substantial criminal convictions..?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 12:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KieranJ
Hi, does anyone know any agents that are particularly successful in dealing with substantial criminal convictions..?
I've heard the names of George Lombard and Ian Harrop mentioned in the past