Criminal conviction

Old Aug 14th 2016, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

UK to Oz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal conviction

I'm a social worker worked with local council in the UK. It did a stupid thing whichI regret to this day, after having alcohol I had an argument with my partner which resulted in actual bodily harm. I was dismissed from my job. I was sentenced to 18 months community order. I could not complete the sentence as I had to leave the country, which i informed the court.

I'm planning to move to Australia in search of Job in my field. Please can anyone shed light on success rate if I apply for a with visa and secondly, what are the chances of finding a job in the same field.

Thanking you in anticipation of your replies.
Old Aug 14th 2016, 11:32 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal conviction

Originally Posted by UK to Oz
I'm a social worker worked with local council in the UK. It did a stupid thing whichI regret to this day, after having alcohol I had an argument with my partner which resulted in actual bodily harm. I was dismissed from my job. I was sentenced to 18 months community order. I could not complete the sentence as I had to leave the country, which i informed the court.

I'm planning to move to Australia in search of Job in my field. Please can anyone shed light on success rate if I apply for a with visa and secondly, what are the chances of finding a job in the same field.

Thanking you in anticipation of your replies.
Hi - I've moved your post to our Australian visa section as this will get more response here.

One of the first questions would be is how old is the conviction?
Old Aug 15th 2016, 12:11 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
.... One of the first questions would be is how old is the conviction?
The next question would be "Why did you have to leave the country?" Does that mean that you were in the UK on a visa?
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The next question would be "Why did you have to leave the country?" Does that mean that you were in the UK on a visa?
Well, from his post he is still in the UK, which does beg the question about having to leave the country, if he was a UK citizen, then he would not have had to leave, so there seems to be a bit of the story missing.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Hi, yes. My visa was cancelled by my employer. The conviction was on June 2016.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think it falls und the heading of "you won't know until you try".

But I would be engaging a registered agent with experience of cases with character issues. Aus has tightened up a lot on character/conviction issues lately, yours is very recent, which is not good, and it onvolves your partner, which is always a big red flag with DIBP.

Get professional advice before you go any further.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:38 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Well, from his post he is still in the UK, ....
I don't see where it says that.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Well, from his post he is still in the UK, which does beg the question about having to leave the country, if he was a UK citizen, then he would not have had to leave, so there seems to be a bit of the story missing.
Hi, I'm not a British citizen. I was on a work visa and had to leave when i lost my job and my employer cancelled my visa.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see where it says that.
The username might suggest that OP is in the UK.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The username might suggest that OP is in the UK.
You are right :-(
Old Aug 15th 2016, 12:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

This raises a big red flag. You were only convicted less than 2 months ago and have an 18 month sentence. In my opinion you're unlikely to be granted a visa to come to Australia if you have an unfinished sentence in another country.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 12:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
This raises a big red flag. You were only convicted less than 2 months ago and have an 18 month sentence. In my opinion you're unlikely to be granted a visa to come to Australia if you have an unfinished sentence in another country.
I'm inclined to agree,especially with it involving a partner and ABH.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for your reply. When my visa is cancelled, how could I enter the UK. It's catch 22 situation.
Old Aug 15th 2016, 12:40 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for your reply. When my visa is cancelled, how could I enter the UK. It's catch 22 situation.
You need to understand that you have an unfinished sentence in the UK. Australia has enough of its own criminals and DIBP really isn't interested in taking on another country's.

Where are you now if not in the UK?
Old Aug 15th 2016, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

You need to understand that you have an unfinished sentence in the UK. Australia has enough of its own criminals and DIBP really isn't interested in taking on another country's.

Where are you now if not in the UK?
Hi, I'm back in my home country Indonesia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.