Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Covering Letter for Extended Parent Visit Visa.

Covering Letter for Extended Parent Visit Visa.

Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future
Default Covering Letter for Extended Parent Visit Visa.

Hi All friends,

I am applying for visit visa for my parents on extended parent visa conditions for 3 or 5 years.

As application form is the same for normal and parent visit visa (48R) hence DIAC suggested that a covering letter should be attached with each application mentioning it for extended parent visit visa.

I am trying to sum up the content for this covering letter, kindly guide me what should be written in this letter and how long it should be.

regards,

Umar Farooq.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:04 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering Letter for Extended Parent Visit Visa.

You need to put in why they are visiting you for such a long period (I have never heard of anything longer than a 12 month visa). I expect you will need to explain what they will be doing etc.

You may also need to include evidence of funds so they do not need to recourse public funds (no access to centrelink etc.) they may also want to see health insurance as your parents would not have access to medicare unless they are residents of a reciprocal cover country.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
You need to put in why they are visiting you for such a long period (I have never heard of anything longer than a 12 month visa). I expect you will need to explain what they will be doing etc.

You may also need to include evidence of funds so they do not need to recourse public funds (no access to centrelink etc.) they may also want to see health insurance as your parents would not have access to medicare unless they are residents of a reciprocal cover country.
This will not be a continuous visit visa for staying for 3 years but it will be multiple visit visa as per changes by DIAC on November 24, 2012.

How much estimated funds should be there in your bank account atleast?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

its a relatively new visa and hasn't been discussed on here much at all.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

Parents of Australian citizens or permanent residents

Parents of Australian citizens, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens may be eligible for the grant of multiple entry visas with a maximum stay of 12 months with maximum validity periods of up to:

five years for parents outside Australia and in the Parent (subclass103) visa queue
three years for parents outside Australia who have
had a previous Australian visa and complied with the conditions; and
have not applied for a Parent visa; or
have applied for a Parent visa (subclass 103) but are not yet in the Parent visa queue
18 months for parents who have
not previously travelled to Australia; and
have not applied for a Parent visa; or
have applied for a Parent (subclass 103) visa but are not yet in the Parent visa queue.

These longer stay and validity visas are not available to people who apply in Australia.

In addition to meeting all other Tourist visa requirements, you will need to:

hold health insurance to cover any healthcare costs during your stay
not stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any 18 month period. (Like all tourists, parents granted Tourist visas are expected to maintain extended periods of absence between visits to Australia).