Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old May 25th 2010, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

poshslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by yomvard
Hi Poshslice,
We are in Wiltshire and getting near a CO. What part are you from?
regards Sandy
Hello Sandy
We are just outside Trowbridge.
I have followed on Poms in Oz for a long time, but came onto this site to follow the gainwave timeline.
Although we aren't on it, I still find it interesting.
As a newcomer, I much appreciate everyones helpful comments and tips.

Hope your CO comes through quickly for you, I will keep an eye out for you!

Cheers Pam
Old May 25th 2010, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

poshslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to allposhslice is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Hi Pam

The eVisitor visa (651 I think) only allows a stay of up to 3 months. You would need to apply for a Tourist Visa 676. You can apply for 3, 6 or 12 months.
Thanks Dave and Linda, and Barbara

Appreciate your help and yes I do realise that your comments and suggestions do still need me to verify exactly what I would need.

Sometimes others can think outside the box for you. Thats what these forums are best for!

Thanks Pam
Old May 26th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

johnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to all

Sorry to be a bit thick but I'm confused.
Form 47PA Part B asks you to withdraw previous applications but there is no check box that says - 'I have not made any previous applications.' The implication (to me) is that you have sign it. Can someone enlighten me please?
Thanks.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:00 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnemo
Sorry to be a bit thick but I'm confused.
Form 47PA Part B asks you to withdraw previous applications but there is no check box that says - 'I have not made any previous applications.' The implication (to me) is that you have sign it. Can someone enlighten me please?
Thanks.
I just marked it N/A at the top and moved to Part C. It will confuse them if you sign it as they will start hunting around for something that doesn't exist.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Just heard from our agent our request has been received for the final payment and they are e-mailing to me, so absolutely thrilled.

Just have to make payment now and are making plans to leave UK sometime in July for Sydney.

Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement.

Sue
Old May 26th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suefb
Hi everyone

Just heard from our agent our request has been received for the final payment and they are e-mailing to me, so absolutely thrilled.

Just have to make payment now and are making plans to leave UK sometime in July for Sydney.

Sue
That's great Sue, it seems you have to stir things up a bit sometimes. How lovely to be able to plan your trip now.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:22 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Sue - that removes a lot of uncertainty for you. Now you just need to dodge airline strikes and volcanic ash clouds - a breeze when you've been through the CPV process.

Best wishes

Steve
Old May 26th 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

Sue
Told you.........very happy for you Sue! Congratulations!Where in Sydney? We're going to be in Richmond near the Blue mountains.
Old May 26th 2010, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all.

We are moving to the northen beaches probably Mona Vale or Avalon, son lives in Bilgola.

Sue
Old May 26th 2010, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

johnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to alljohnemo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandch
I just marked it N/A at the top and moved to Part C. It will confuse them if you sign it as they will start hunting around for something that doesn't exist.
It only seems fair that should be as confused as me -

Thanks for the advice, I'll follow it.
Old May 26th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jtct
Know how you feel. Biting nails now as our application went off 5 weeks ago and still haven't had confirmation.
I had to phone PVC to find out if they had received my application ( long story related to the Auspost delivery system) and the voice mail recording did say that they were taking on average 4 weeks to acknowledge applications. In fact I got a letter of acknowledgement in less than that but I would not worry that it is taking so long to get a response. You could always try phoning but it is not always guaranteed that you will speak to a human being!
Old May 26th 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
I had to phone PVC to find out if they had received my application ( long story related to the Auspost delivery system) and the voice mail recording did say that they were taking on average 4 weeks to acknowledge applications. In fact I got a letter of acknowledgement in less than that but I would not worry that it is taking so long to get a response. You could always try phoning but it is not always guaranteed that you will speak to a human being!

Panic over thanks - It took them 5 weeks and 6 days for the acknowledgement receipt to get to me but then the date they quoted was 3 weeks previously! Looks like it was done and they forgot to tell me (I had already checked with my agent and he hadn't heard anything until Monday morning this week)
Old May 26th 2010, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

marian and ian burgess is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all.

We are moving to the northen beaches probably Mona Vale or Avalon, son lives in Bilgola.

Sue
Hi Sue
Although we have been in Sydney for 7 months now I still follow the forum with interest. We are in Northern Beaches (Dee Why) so maybe we can meet up when you eventually get here? We are feeling very settled here in spite of recent heavy rain and gradually making friends outside the family. We meet a group of Expats on Thursdays in the City (called the CBD) and I belong to a book club. Both of these contacts came from British Expats website. We don't know too many Australians socially yet! See you soon Sue!
Bon Voyage
Marian and Ian
Old May 27th 2010, 6:34 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by marian and ian burgess
Hi Sue
Although we have been in Sydney for 7 months now I still follow the forum with interest. We are in Northern Beaches (Dee Why) so maybe we can meet up when you eventually get here? We are feeling very settled here in spite of recent heavy rain and gradually making friends outside the family. We meet a group of Expats on Thursdays in the City (called the CBD) and I belong to a book club. Both of these contacts came from British Expats website. We don't know too many Australians socially yet! See you soon Sue!
Bon Voyage
Marian and Ian
Its quite exciting how many on this forum are Sydney bound! You sound very happy-I hope to be there in just over a year, visa permitting, but in the meantime I and my son-in-law have just bought a unit in Dee Why as a buy to let-neither of us can afford to buy properly yet but we want to get a toe in the market so to speak. Do you know the Dee Why Grand build?
Old May 27th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Hello Marian,

Should like to meet up very much, really looking forward to being with the family.

I have a question for anyone, we are going to pay our final VAC in London by bank draft. Following the thread I see we need covering letter, payment mandate and letter from Aus Gov requesting, but do I put in a stamped addressed envelope for the receipt to be sent back - my brain tells me to do this, but I would like to know if anyone else did this as well.

Thanks

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.