Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Aug 16th 2010, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

peewit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3
The thing I miss most on a day-to-day level, though, is a good "flat white"!
There is much to miss when away from Oz and superb coffee is definetely on the list. Mine's a long black with a little milk on the side.
Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3
From the "view from the balcony" I guess that you are renting in the "Toaster"?
Not sure that I could afford to rent in the toaster. I was on the North shore at McMahons Point. Hoping to rent in Kirribilli next.

I'm not really a steam buff but my recent trip on the Dorset Coast Express has got me interested in finding out about steam locos both here and in Oz so a trip to Peterborough, SA would seem in order. Many thanks for the info.

Does anyone know when I will stop being classed as a new member having joined in 2008.

Peewit
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:44 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by peewit
There is much to miss when away from Oz and superb coffee is definetely on the list. Mine's a long black with a little milk on the side.

Not sure that I could afford to rent in the toaster. I was on the North shore at McMahons Point. Hoping to rent in Kirribilli next.

I'm not really a steam buff but my recent trip on the Dorset Coast Express has got me interested in finding out about steam locos both here and in Oz so a trip to Peterborough, SA would seem in order. Many thanks for the info.

Does anyone know when I will stop being classed as a new member having joined in 2008.

Peewit
It's not a time thing it seems; 17 posts in 2 years or so you see. Some people get mature by discussing the pros and cons of Vegemite for example. Steam railways, accommodation, sausages are also good. But it helps to include aspects relating to the topic also mainly for newcomers desperate for info on the dreaded CPV.

Cheers

Steve
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandch
...... it helps to include aspects relating to the topic also mainly for newcomers desperate for info on the dreaded CPV.

Cheers

Steve
For all CPV newcomers

it's a b7%£$y long wait until you get a CO and it's easy to get sidetracked (not a train reference).

back to work
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

peewit is an unknown quantity at this point

It is strange that my last three posts are all marked as Number 17.
Hopefully they had useful info for those coming to Australia but not admittedly on how to get the visa. I will go back to just watching how applicants progress.

All the best

Peewit
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was on the North shore at McMahons Point. Hoping to rent in Kirribilli next.

Peewit
Of course! I wasn't looking properly and lost sight of the Opr'Ouse behind the cruise ship.

Nor am I (a steam buff) in fact, but there is b****er all else to do in Peterborough SA – apart from visit a few pubs! We were on our way north from Adelaide to the Flinders Ranges and Wilpena Pound – very highly recommended.

We drove from there back to Sydney via Broken Hill – which, despite being a mining town, has surprisingly sophisticated eating places (our favourite: "Broken Earth", built on top of the giant spoil heap), galleries and so on. But then perhaps it's not so surprising given the money in mining!

Next time we intend to strike farther north, to Lake Eyre and the Birdsville Track; anyone done that?

Mike

PS: Our Sydney base is in Cremorne – see you for a drink in the Oaks sometime.

Last edited by MikenSueNW3; Aug 16th 2010 at 1:19 pm. Reason: PS added
Old Aug 16th 2010, 2:05 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

It is strange that my last three posts are all marked as Number 17.
Hopefully they had useful info for those coming to Australia but not admittedly on how to get the visa. I will go back to just watching how applicants progress.

All the best

Peewit
Now they're all 18. Don't you just love the internet - continually rewriting history!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandch
It's not a time thing it seems; 17 posts in 2 years or so you see. Some people get mature by discussing the pros and cons of Vegemite for example. Steam railways, accommodation, sausages are also good. But it helps to include aspects relating to the topic also mainly for newcomers desperate for info on the dreaded CPV.

Cheers

Steve
I have to say that there is sometimes a lull between any action ie CO's and Red Stars for Visa achieved and it is so good Steve that we all keep our sense of humour and in touch whilst in the waiting room and all sorts of helpful info re food, sights to see etc keep me looking at the site daily and mostly thanks to you. So well done Steve and well maybe some of us are mature and are not involved in the "mite" issues but enjoy the banter just the same. The best forum on here.....
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:26 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
This could be the breakthrough folks:

http://mish-mash-marmite.blogspot.co...to-die-is.html

Better vegimite can't do that.
Wanna bet, check here http://spaceshipsnippets.blogspot.co...ite-north.html

Sorry folks but due to a lull in COs, Red Stars, Acknowledgement Letters, Pork Sausages & Steam Train Trips, I just had to do it

Matt

Last edited by sirmatt101; Aug 17th 2010 at 9:29 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=MikenSueNW3;8780165]The thing I miss most on a day-to-day level, though, is a good "flat white"! (Yes, I know that Costas have started offering it, but it's not a patch on the real Sydney thing.) I occasionally come across an Aussie barista who knows what I'm talking about, and I try to indoctrinate others. But I'm usually reduced to asking for a "triple-strength latte".

[/QU
Isn't there an Aussie owned/run cafe in London somewhere called ' Flat White'? They should be able to produce the real thing!
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:02 am
Just Joined

fresno.36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long wait for CO

G'day all 143's
could anyone give me a rough idea about timespan from applying for a 143 to getting a CO. Many thanks.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmm100uk
Isn't there an Aussie owned/run cafe in London somewhere called ' Flat White'? They should be able to produce the real thing!
Yes, I've heard of it, but not sure where it is. And a found a place near Spittalfields last week that did flat whites, boasting of "Australian-trained baristas". Now there's an export opportunity – and maybe a new skilled-visa catergory!

Trouble is, when you need a coffee, you need it here and now!

Mike
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

yomvard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
I have to say that there is sometimes a lull between any action ie CO's and Red Stars for Visa achieved and it is so good Steve that we all keep our sense of humour and in touch whilst in the waiting room and all sorts of helpful info re food, sights to see etc keep me looking at the site daily and mostly thanks to you. So well done Steve and well maybe some of us are mature and are not involved in the "mite" issues but enjoy the banter just the same. The best forum on here.....
I agree, the banter is brilliant and helps with the wait however, isn't it brilliant to get answers to questions that have been keeping you awake at night, not knowing how to proceed with the next stage.
Sandy

CPV143 acknowledged 21/4/09
CO 3/8/10
Old Aug 18th 2010, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Long wait for CO

Originally Posted by fresno.36
G'day all 143's
could anyone give me a rough idea about timespan from applying for a 143 to getting a CO. Many thanks.
Hi, the time is usually around 16 months, give or take. Sandch who posts on here has very kindly set up a tracker so you can have a look at timelines on there. Here's the link:

www.gainwave.co.uk
Old Aug 18th 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Just had a visit from the first of our chosen 3 removal companies. Apparently we will not quite fill a 40' container so presumably they will put someone else's stuff on the back of ours. The salesman told us about 10 deals they are offering of which you can choose the 3 that suit you best. The deal that made me sort of smile was the discount on bringing your stuff back - needless to say we won't be choosing that option if we go with this company. 8 weeks free storage sounded good thought. Have another 2 coming on Friday. The scariest bit of all is the 3 days to pack! I'm hoping they will leave us our bed atleast until last, our sleeping on the floor days are well and truly over.
Cath
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:18 pm

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice

Originally Posted by coloneldube
Just had a visit from the first of our chosen 3 removal companies. Apparently we will not quite fill a 40' container so presumably they will put someone else's stuff on the back of ours. The salesman told us about 10 deals they are offering of which you can choose the 3 that suit you best. The deal that made me sort of smile was the discount on bringing your stuff back - needless to say we won't be choosing that option if we go with this company. 8 weeks free storage sounded good thought. Have another 2 coming on Friday. The scariest bit of all is the 3 days to pack! I'm hoping they will leave us our bed atleast until last, our sleeping on the floor days are well and truly over.
Cath
Interesting information, I'll be interested in the price range between the companies,
Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.