Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

yomvard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by FruitBatty
Hiya,

We are new to the site and have enjoyed looking around. We are a UK cople who couriered-0ff out CPV-143 yesterday morning. Are so excited about it, although the waiting will be difficult!!!!

Just saying a quick hello!!

FB
Hi,
Welcome to our world of waiting. We all start out so excited, then scared, then excited etc..... But hey it will be worth it !!!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

FruitBatty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandch
Welcome to the most useful forum thread on BE.com. You've come to the right place. Looks like you should beat the price increase eh?

Best wishes

Steve
Thank you

Yes hopefully beat that. Was a bit of a rush but doesn't $7,270.00 (for a couple!) focus the mind

FB
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,

We are new to the site and have enjoyed looking around. We are a UK cople who couriered-0ff out CPV-143 yesterday morning. Are so excited about it, although the waiting will be difficult!!!!

FB
Hello and welcome - do ask steve to put you on the tracker. (www.gainwave.co.uk) It's about time we got off the bottom! It helps to pass the time watching others getting their Visas and makes you realise that, although its a long wait, you will get there eventually!

Last edited by jtct; Jun 11th 2010 at 4:19 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SharonBeckett
Hi, thanks for your reply. The balance of family is fine, as is the length of time my sister has been in Oz. I'm still not sure what the benefit of an Aged CPV is? My parents are old enough to apply for one but would this benefit them? Can they apply while on holiday in Oz and is that beneficial? Am I right in thinking there is a 2 yr wait for a CPV? Also, how do you know the price is going up? I don't think there is any chance of them having an application ready by 1st July! Sharon
Have a look at a couple of threads posted on another forum. Visa charges are always increased on 1st July every year.

http://www.*************/forum/migrat...rent-visa.html

http://www.*************/forum/migrat...sa-thread.html
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jtct
Hello and welcome - do ask steve to put you on the tracker. (www.gainwave.co.uk) It's about time we got off the bottom! It helps to pass the time watching others getting their Visas and makes you realise that, although its a long wait, you will get there eventually!
Wot u mean, on de bottom. Bottom here, but we are having a giddy day.
We got the letter, we got the letter, NO, just the acknowledgement of application receipt, says processing applications for 10 Feb 2009.
Steve can you put the date into the timeline please. Off now to hibernate for the next 12 months.
CONGRATULATIONS to heresoon hope it is now sooner than you think before you are in the sunnier clime
pete
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pemajoka
Wot u mean, on de bottom. Bottom here, but we are having a giddy day.
We got the letter, we got the letter, NO, just the acknowledgement of application receipt, says processing applications for 10 Feb 2009.
Steve can you put the date into the timeline please. Off now to hibernate for the next 12 months.
CONGRATULATIONS to heresoon hope it is now sooner than you think before you are in the sunnier clime
pete
Hi Pete,

Congratulations, now the long wait starts. At least there are alot of us to keep each other company. Fantastic site for info & keeping one's spirits up

Katie
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

FB
Hi ,

wishing a very warm welcome. It's really good to see some more newbies joining the existing newbies. This is such a fantastic site, a wealth of information & such happy, kind people, one big happy family.

katie
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:28 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya,

FB
Welcome to this forum, you will get answers to any queries or qualms you may have on here. Its good reading about others experiences.

Cheers

Matt
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS to you too dear Pete!
Been busy today packing and sorting out papers, it's never ending. It feels ever so weird when you get to this stage! You wait and wait for this time to come. Then when it happens oh the relief and the joy! But then you start to think I'm going to be leaving this country soon....forever!! "WEIRED" Hey but I'm still over the moon! I suppose it's only normal to get these feelings.And originally I'm from Malta so I'll have that to face that as well....saying my goodbyes to my family there!

Hello Fruitbatty....I just love that name! Joining this thread is going to be ever so helpful to you. Welcome!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

SharonBeckett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Thanks for all the advice. I hopefully only have one more question! We have been told that although my sister has already sponsored us to go (and we have our visa but haven't gone yet), she can also sponsor my parents. Two migration agents have told us this but I wanted to check with the forum that it is the case. Anyone got any experience of this? Oh, and one more thing! What's the likelihood of getting my Mum and Dad's application in before 1st July?
Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Have a look at a couple of threads posted on another forum. Visa charges are always increased on 1st July every year.

http://www.*************/forum/migrat...rent-visa.html

http://www.*************/forum/migrat...sa-thread.html
Old Jun 12th 2010, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

[QUOTE=FruitBatty;8626529]Hiya,

FB[/QUOTE Hi there FruitBatty,

Welcome to the site which will help you get through this waiting time with cheering on others and moving up the time tracker courtesy of Steve at www.gainwave.co.uk, Enter your details and watch as you move up the tracker with lots of information to be had here.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Thanks for all the advice. I hopefully only have one more question! We have been told that although my sister has already sponsored us to go (and we have our visa but haven't gone yet), she can also sponsor my parents. Two migration agents have told us this but I wanted to check with the forum that it is the case. Anyone got any experience of this? Oh, and one more thing! What's the likelihood of getting my Mum and Dad's application in before 1st July?
Hi! Congratulations to all who have moved onto the next stage of their journey, whether it be the bottom of the timeline or the packing of the stuff for the final departure.

As for the sponsorship issue - my daughter sponsored me for the 173 visa, is doing the same again for my 143 visa AND is sponsoring her brother for a family sponsored visa (475 I think). I asked the same question at the time and was told that 2 sponsorships are acceptable - so don't worry about that one!
Jean
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, and one more thing! What's the likelihood of getting my Mum and Dad's application in before 1st July?
I could think of 7,000 reasons.

Target date would be Friday 25th June for courier to pick up form and safely get package out to Oz by 30th June, it usually takes about 3 days.

That gives you all almost 2 weeks of hard work, but at $3500 a week quite a reward.

Perth are not going to look at the form for another 14 months, so when they acknowledge your form you will get file number and then you could always add information to your application, all IMHO. If it all goes pear shape at least you tried.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:37 am
Just Joined

SharonBeckett is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Thanks for your reply. I read somewhere that once my M and D have done their application they would have to send it via my sister so she could put her sponsorship form in the envelope with it. Does that sound right? If so, that'll take even more time
Also, I'd still like more reassurance on the fact that my sister can sponsor my M and D even though she has already sponsored us on a 176 visa. Anyone got experience of this?

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
I could think of 7,000 reasons.

Target date would be Friday 25th June for courier to pick up form and safely get package out to Oz by 30th June, it usually takes about 3 days.

That gives you all almost 2 weeks of hard work, but at $3500 a week quite a reward.

Perth are not going to look at the form for another 14 months, so when they acknowledge your form you will get file number and then you could always add information to your application, all IMHO. If it all goes pear shape at least you tried.
Old Jun 12th 2010, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Hi Folks

An update from the bottom of the original list!

We have finally moved into our own property on the south coast of NSW. It has seemed to take for ever at times. There have been many ups and downs in the process but this thread was inspirational in keeping us going.

Best wishes to everyone in their application. Just hang on in there.

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.