Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by audie123
hello everyone
thank you all so very much - you all helped to make a difficult day seem a lot easier -

my sincere congratulations to Phyllis and goodluck to everyone waiting.

thank you for the advice to go to gollywobbler - my she is a busy lady - I found the correct thread - and will be sending my 'story' tomorrow. I was already in touch with a lady in oz who had had trouble enabling her sister to stay with her - their mother had died and the sister (intellectually disabled and in the same programme as my daughter) had no other relatives and they tried to deport her several times..................she is working on the same legislation that gollywobbler is talking about so I have some hope..........

again thank you all so much for your support - as many have said before you are like a family

good luck to all

audie
My commiserations for your problems - I do hope that things can be sorted for you and your family. It is something that single applicants like me do not have to worry about - if we can afford it and pass the medicals we are home and dry - just the long wait. As someone has already commented - it makes one realise that however bad things may be there is always someone else who needs better luck. All of us have our fingers crossed for you
Jean
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve,

Medicals completed, can you update the tracker please.

John & Marg
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by johnschofield10
Steve,

Medicals completed, can you update the tracker please.

John & Marg
Hi John and Marg,

Have you heard from Sydney that all is ok as we are wondering what happens when you have the medical done and it is automatically sent to Sydney without any results given to us.

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Hi John and Marg,

Have you heard from Sydney that all is ok as we are wondering what happens when you have the medical done and it is automatically sent to Sydney without any results given to us.

Thanks
Barbara & Chris,

We have not heard from Sydney yet and we have our fingers crossed that we are fit enough. We had our medicals last Friday and had to clear up a few points early this week. Once they, the examining doctors, in our case in Birmingham, have collated all information and received the blood test results the final documents are sent to Sydney via courier, which was included in the price.

John & Marg
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

When we hadn't heard anything about our medicals we rang The Bridge Clinic and they gave us the tracking number that showed that the documents had arrived in Australia. We followed this up with an email to our agent, who passed on the tracking number to the Case Officer......very quickly things moved on from that point.
By the way The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead only charged £202 each and everything was done very efficiently.
Julie & Ian
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 5:08 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Barbara & Chris,

We have not heard from Sydney yet and we have our fingers crossed that we are fit enough. We had our medicals last Friday and had to clear up a few points early this week. Once they, the examining doctors, in our case in Birmingham, have collated all information and received the blood test results the final documents are sent to Sydney via courier, which was included in the price.

John & Marg
Hi-I see that you had your medicals done at the Birmingham clinic-I am intending to have my medicals done there as its the closest to me-could you tell me whether you were happy with them/ what the cost was/ whether they were helpful over any issues picked up etc

thanks
Fiz
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Julian927
When we hadn't heard anything about our medicals we rang The Bridge Clinic and they gave us the tracking number that showed that the documents had arrived in Australia. We followed this up with an email to our agent, who passed on the tracking number to the Case Officer......very quickly things moved on from that point.
By the way The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead only charged £202 each and everything was done very efficiently.
Julie & Ian
Thanks for the info guys - I'll just wait then......
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi-I see that you had your medicals done at the Birmingham clinic-I am intending to have my medicals done there as its the closest to me-could you tell me whether you were happy with them/ what the cost was/ whether they were helpful over any issues picked up etc

thanks
Fiz
Fiz,

We were quite happy with the service and it seemed well run and organised. The cost was £260 per person and that included the document courier fee to send the documents to Sydney.

If there are any issues with your health you may be asked to get a written report from your consultant/GP as I did for my Sleep Apnoea but my understanding is that if they need further information they will give you a referral letter to take back.

Parking could be a problem as it is a very busy GP practice, on a busy road, but there are wide pavements that other people were parking on. Because we came from the north and had to use the M6/M5 junction we set off early and it was not a problem, arriving at 0800hrs.

I used my Tom Tom and it got me there right on the button.

If you need any more assistance or info give me a shout.

John
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:32 am
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Fiz,

We were quite happy with the service and it seemed well run and organised. The cost was £260 per person and that included the document courier fee to send the documents to Sydney.

If there are any issues with your health you may be asked to get a written report from your consultant/GP as I did for my Sleep Apnoea but my understanding is that if they need further information they will give you a referral letter to take back.

Parking could be a problem as it is a very busy GP practice, on a busy road, but there are wide pavements that other people were parking on. Because we came from the north and had to use the M6/M5 junction we set off early and it was not a problem, arriving at 0800hrs.

I used my Tom Tom and it got me there right on the button.

If you need any more assistance or info give me a shout.

John
That's really helpful-thanks, John. Since so much of this process seems to rest on the medical, its great to have someone else's perspective-and the comments re car parking are useful: I will be going from Warwick and I don't know the area at all so will build in some extra time.

Hope you hear soon re the final visa payment etc

regards

Regards
Old Jun 4th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fiz
That's really helpful-thanks, John. Since so much of this process seems to rest on the medical, its great to have someone else's perspective-and the comments re car parking are useful: I will be going from Warwick and I don't know the area at all so will build in some extra time.

Hope you hear soon re the final visa payment etc

regards

Regards
Fiz,

If you use a Tom Tom use the address as opposed to the Postcode to plot your journey.

John
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by heresoon
Where's everybody today?Anyway I know you have to get on with the serious stuff Steve but it's good to have a laugh.The good Book says laughter is health to the bones.The last year and a half has been a season of waiting and waiting,then came all the forms to fill in,nerves before meds then the big pay out,now waiting again....hey but we're nearly there.YIPPIE!! Soon a new season begins of starting a new life in Oz....more challenges but hey how lovely it is and how thankful we should be that we are able to be near our loved ones
Just back from a Mediterranean Cruise to celebrate our Ruby Wedding - had a ball!

Not much movement on the bottom of the timeline. I know not everyone subscribes to it but the number of applications so far for 2010 seems much lower than previous years. The economic climate must be having an effect.... £ v $ and house prices not helping but as I've said before I'd rather be poor and happy near the family than poor and miserable on the other side of the world!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jtct
Just back from a Mediterranean Cruise to celebrate our Ruby Wedding - had a ball!

Not much movement on the bottom of the timeline. I know not everyone subscribes to it but the number of applications so far for 2010 seems much lower than previous years. The economic climate must be having an effect.... £ v $ and house prices not helping but as I've said before I'd rather be poor and happy near the family than poor and miserable on the other side of the world!
Hi Jane and Clive welcome back from your cruise and Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Not much movement at the bottom but lots at the top. I remember posting something about not many people applying but a temporary glitch I think and lots watch and dont join. I so agree with you whatever brings you happiness and for us that is being near our family. I'm sure we have new joiners soon but it must the uncertain times.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice

Congrats on your Ruby, we had ours just coming up for 3 years ago. We too agree with you about nothing is more important than being with our family who are in Perth. We are almost a year in for the wait, so hopefully it will happen quite soon. Good luck to you both and it does pass quite quickly.
Regards
Pat & John.
Old Jun 4th 2010, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you had a good time on your Mediterranean Cruise!Did you visit Malta by any chance?It's right in the middle of the Med?That's where I come from....I'm a Malteser!Did you know that there are more Maltese people in Oz than there are in Malta!
I agree with you happier to be near the family although we're going to be a bit poorer after forking out all that dosh
Old Jun 4th 2010, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by heresoon
Glad you had a good time on your Mediterranean Cruise!Did you visit Malta by any chance?It's right in the middle of the Med?That's where I come from....I'm a Malteser!Did you know that there are more Maltese people in Oz than there are in Malta!
I agree with you happier to be near the family although we're going to be a bit poorer after forking out all that dosh
Didn't go to Malta this time. started in Palma, Majorca - Palermo, Sicily - Naples, Italy - Ajaccio, Corsica - Toulon, French Riviera - Barcelona, spain and back to Palma for flight home!

Good to see there is some movement at the top of the tracker even if it's static at the bottom!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.