Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Hi Audie,

I'm so sorry to hear your news, I really dont know what else to say except explore all your options & good luck

Katie
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phyllis71
Audie, So sorry about your situation, and I hope it can be sorted out. I will remember you in my prayers. Steve Can I have my RED STAR PLEASE. Visa granted today.
congratulations Phyllis, worth the wait

Katie
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:27 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by audie123
here I am back again with bad news - I am so glad that most of you have good news to impart - me, not so much..............

we got a letter from our case officer this morning telling us that our application has been refused - based upon my daughter's mild (says that in the papers they prepared) intellectual disability - they have given us 49 days to respond but have not told us what we need to do..........................it is so frustrating - my daughter Heather on thegold coast is going to be devestated as are Catherine and me.

My biggest concern is that maybe they won't even give catherine a year tourist visa now (based on the possibility that she might try to stay - ) she isn't a drain on the government and she can work - wiping tables or serving in a cafe etc.

I had to vent I am just devastated and am trying to do all kinds of things to avoid unleashing my tears - catherine has gone to work and I don't want to upset her more - I know that none of you can do anything but it feels good to vent!.................
thanks for listening!
audie
www.mrt-rrt.gov.au seems to be the appeals website.

Not being in possession of all the facts, I hesitate to offer advice but would have thought that the more additional evidence that you could collect to show that your daughter could either live independently with family support or that the wider family in Oz would provide full support, the better...as someone has said in an earlier posting, the Australians seem to love lots of paperwork, signed statements etc......Good luck!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Audie, So sorry about your situation, and I hope it can be sorted out. I will remember you in my prayers. Steve Can I have my RED STAR PLEASE. Visa granted today.
Phyllis congratulations my dear, how lovely! What a lot of mixed emotions today,been feeling sad for Audie and his family.But am happy for you Phyllis. This journey has been like that for me.One day feeling all excited about going....another time feeling anxious.Ahh the unknown, the change.But you know what? I think we lot are really brave that we don't let fear stop us.Love conquers fear......another statement that comes from the good Book!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

here I am back again with bad news - I am so glad that most of you have good news to impart - me, not so much..............

we got a letter from our case officer this morning telling us that our application has been refused - based upon my daughter's mild (says that in the papers they prepared) intellectual disability - they have given us 49 days to respond but have not told us what we need to do..........................it is so frustrating - my daughter Heather on thegold coast is going to be devestated as are Catherine and me.

My biggest concern is that maybe they won't even give catherine a year tourist visa now (based on the possibility that she might try to stay - ) she isn't a drain on the government and she can work - wiping tables or serving in a cafe etc.

I had to vent I am just devastated and am trying to do all kinds of things to avoid unleashing my tears - catherine has gone to work and I don't want to upset her more - I know that none of you can do anything but it feels good to vent!.................
thanks for listening!
audie
Hi Audie,

I can't imagine how you are all feeling today, but tomorrow is another day to begin researching, finding help and information on how to appeal. You know the problem you just need to find a solution. Don't give up get the most expert advice. Have you an agent? I can recommend the one I use in Aus or perhaps Go Matilda Alan Collett can advise or point you in the right direction.
We are all thinking of you and just keep in touch.

Barbara and Chris
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Congratulations! Phyllis - Quite an emotional day for you.

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice

hello everyone
thank you all so very much - you all helped to make a difficult day seem a lot easier -

my sincere congratulations to Phyllis and goodluck to everyone waiting.

thank you for the advice to go to gollywobbler - my she is a busy lady - I found the correct thread - and will be sending my 'story' tomorrow. I was already in touch with a lady in oz who had had trouble enabling her sister to stay with her - their mother had died and the sister (intellectually disabled and in the same programme as my daughter) had no other relatives and they tried to deport her several times..................she is working on the same legislation that gollywobbler is talking about so I have some hope..........

again thank you all so much for your support - as many have said before you are like a family

good luck to all

audie
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

hello everyone
thank you all so very much - you all helped to make a difficult day seem a lot easier -

thank you for the advice to go to gollywobbler - my she is a busy lady - I found the correct thread - and will be sending my 'story' tomorrow. I was already in touch with a lady in oz who had had trouble enabling her sister to stay with her - their mother had died and the sister (intellectually disabled and in the same programme as my daughter) had no other relatives and they tried to deport her several times..................she is working on the same legislation that gollywobbler is talking about so I have some hope..........

again thank you all so much for your support - as many have said before you are like a family

good luck to all

audie
And good luck to you, the whole thing about this thread is a families desire to stick together.

I sometimes think the Australian government do not truly understand that might occasionally not be the cheapest option for a country to adopt.

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 6:44 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone

good luck to all

audie
On the face of it Australia appears to hold strict family values, but when it comes down to immigrants these values hold no value!!

Matt
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for listening!
audie
Audie,

So sorry to hear about your current situation, we can't imagine how you are feeling at this moment. There does appear to be some good advice from friends on this site that you may be able to explore. We wish you well for the future and hope to hear that you have better news in the future.

John & Marg
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

johnschofield10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Many congratulations on getting your visa

John & Marg
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

suefb is an unknown quantity at this point

Audie

So sorry to hear your news, just don't give up, there must be a way for you to be with your family in Australia, sometimes they can be so shortsighted over there.

Congratulations Phyllis on your RED STAR.

Our receipt has been received today for payment of our final VAC and this shall be sent off tomorrow to Australia.

Suefb
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

austibeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Phyllis, with Audie's news it does make us all so grateful that we are not having to go through the anguish of a refusal. There have been other cases similar to Audie's case, that have come good in the end, so let's hope it will eventually.
However each of us that have been accepted, still have the right to celebrate, so I think you have earned a drink of your choice to toast the rest of your days with your family in Australia.

Eric.

Last edited by austibeach; Jun 2nd 2010 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

phyllis71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by austibeach
Congratulations Phyllis, with Audie's news it does make us all so grateful that we are not having to go through the anguish of a refusal. There have been other cases similar to Audie's case, that have come good in the end, so let's hope it will eventually.
However each of us that have been accepted, still have the right to celebrate, so I think you have earned a drink of your choice to toast the rest of your days with your family in Australia.

Eric.
Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

audie 123, we all have had our 'problem' areas, while waiting for our applications to go through, yours is just slightly different to most, all they really need now is more paperwork, to re-assure them, get references from daughters work, and statements from family in Aus. etc; etc; baffle them, you'll be ok, I'm sure! Regards Lin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.