Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old May 31st 2010, 3:13 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
I noticed you stopped short at Studio Flat, you could have carried on down the list (hehe)

Matt

Hah! Well spotted. I was wary about being hunted down and duffed up by a band of gas cylinder-wielding camping enthusiasts, as "tent" would have been in there somewhere.

I can aspire to a studio - just.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 31st 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

Daz-Deb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Steve,

Could you update the tracker for JohnSchofield10, the AOS was completed today by us and accepted by Centrelink.

Cheers,

Daz
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice

here I am back again with bad news - I am so glad that most of you have good news to impart - me, not so much..............

we got a letter from our case officer this morning telling us that our application has been refused - based upon my daughter's mild (says that in the papers they prepared) intellectual disability - they have given us 49 days to respond but have not told us what we need to do..........................it is so frustrating - my daughter Heather on thegold coast is going to be devestated as are Catherine and me.

My biggest concern is that maybe they won't even give catherine a year tourist visa now (based on the possibility that she might try to stay - ) she isn't a drain on the government and she can work - wiping tables or serving in a cafe etc.

I had to vent I am just devastated and am trying to do all kinds of things to avoid unleashing my tears - catherine has gone to work and I don't want to upset her more - I know that none of you can do anything but it feels good to vent!.................
thanks for listening!
audie
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by audie123
here I am back again with bad news - I am so glad that most of you have good news to impart - me, not so much..............

we got a letter from our case officer this morning telling us that our application has been refused - based upon my daughter's mild (says that in the papers they prepared) intellectual disability - they have given us 49 days to respond but have not told us what we need to do..........................it is so frustrating - my daughter Heather on thegold coast is going to be devestated as are Catherine and me.

My biggest concern is that maybe they won't even give catherine a year tourist visa now (based on the possibility that she might try to stay - ) she isn't a drain on the government and she can work - wiping tables or serving in a cafe etc.

I had to vent I am just devastated and am trying to do all kinds of things to avoid unleashing my tears - catherine has gone to work and I don't want to upset her more - I know that none of you can do anything but it feels good to vent!.................
thanks for listening!
audie
Sorry to hear this Audie, do you post on the PomsInOz site? There is a lady on ther called gollywobbler who is very clued up in cases like yours and may have some suggestions. It could be worth a post on here:

http://www.*************/forum/migration-issues/

not for one moment suggesting you will not get help on here.

Best wishes
Les
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:32 pm

This is not a good time for you Audie, and I echo the comments of Les. Gill (Gollywobbler) is an excellent resource for us all. She may for example suggest that you discuss your case with an experienced agent, but a large part of your next move will depend on the seriousness of the condition as all residence visa applications (not just parents) are assessed against expected future care costs. The last thing you need is to throw money at a problem if the likelihood of success is remote.

I can't imagine that visits to Australia would be a problem if normal financial support is in place.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for listening!
audie
Audie I'm so so sorry.I don't know what to say except that I feel so sad in my heart for you.We are like a family on this thread and at this moment I feel the pain with you.
Judy
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:08 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

thanks for listening!
audie
So sorry....it puts my worries about things into perspective! Don't give up-its worth at least trying an appeal. Very best wishes
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

austibeach is an unknown quantity at this point

Audie, I can only echo what others have said before me and that we all feel for you in your situation. The fear of refusal is something most of us have at some stage during the long wait and to be faced with your predicament must be heart breaking. I would also go along with the suggestion that Gill Palmer a.k.a. Gollywobbler, who can be found on Poms in Oz, would be a good judge of what your next move should be.

Good luck and I sincerely hope that everything will work out well for you in the end,

Eric.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for listening!
audie
Audie we hurt for you ,we are so so sorry
Chris & Rob
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

phyllis71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Audie, So sorry about your situation, and I hope it can be sorted out. I will remember you in my prayers. Steve Can I have my RED STAR PLEASE. Visa granted today.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice

thanks for listening!
audie
As others have already expressed, we also feel for you, but as they say when one door closes another door opens, keep your pecker up and wish you GOOD LUCK in finding a solution.

Pat & John
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:30 pm

Hey well done Phyllis!

Congratulations!!

Great news.

Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to Phyllis - what lovely news to brighten up a damp grey English day.
Our heartfelt commiserations to Audie's family. As others say, don't give up, find others who have had similar experience to help your case.
Julie and Ian
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Hi Audie
These are very trying times and I am never that good at what to say except, sorry. I have read the other replies and hope you find an answer soon.
To Phyllis,
congratulations, but a bit muted, sorry
regards
peter
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:04 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for listening!
audie
Hi Audie

Our hearts go out to you, as you like everyone one else on here is heartset at getting to Oz to be with their loved ones, no matter what the hurdles are. We just pray that there is a way over or around this particular hurdle and we wish you all the best, and like others have said, don't give up!

Best wishes

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.