Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:03 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by Oldtimers
Thank Heavons for this website! I remembered reading somewhere that the interest from the AoS Bond could be paid into any designated account, so when my daughter got the letter telling her to open the Account - I gave her our Westpac account number for the interest to be paid into. Even though she forgot to take the email with her and ended up telephoning us at 5 a.m. to ask us again for the information - this is much easier than having to remind her every six months or so that she possibly owes us some money!
Exactly, I think that my son has gone deaf when I mention the interest!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by ancpar
Well said Barbara, couldn't agree more. Let's show everyone just what we are made of.
We are, we are all off to Oz!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:13 am

[QUOTE=Barbaran;8943916]What happened to the great British spirit of all pulling together? Last one to leave turn the light off! QUOTE]

Didn't we export it across the channel to France?

Matt
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:16 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
We are, we are all off to Oz!!

Cheers

Matt

Not quite what is meant by that bit of the expression after "when the going gets tough...."

Nearly 1.63!!!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by sandch

Not quite what is meant by that bit of the expression after "when the going gets tough...."

Nearly 1.63!!!
But where actually is "the going" tougher, UK or Oz?

Matt
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sandch

Nearly 1.63!!!
You don't need to always check the exchange rate, if you watch the stock market everytime it has a down day the exchange rate improves.

Must admit that your exchange rates always look better than UkForex, who do you use Steve? They quote $1.61 this am.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

Its time once again to do something about this exceptionally long and informative thread. As you know we have had to split the thread in the past due to its size. Well, after discussion with Admin and other Mods, this time we are going to split into two branches.......

The posts from the last couple of weeks to do with Aussie lifestyle, and general chat, will be moved to a new thread in our main Australian Lifestyle forum - they are more suited to that area, and this may help some of you to find other threads of interest about life on this side of the world. That thread is now HERE. I've kept the sparkling title, but if anyone has a better suggestion just pm me and I will change it for you

The Immigration posts from the last couple of weeks will form the basis of a new visa related thread in this forum, the Aus Immigration forum. Please keep this new thread solely for visa and immigration questions - anything off-topic will be moved out of the thread. The new immigration thread is HERE

This is so that people who do have a question about getting a CPV can find the answer easily. The few questions that have been posted recently are getting rather swamped by the chat. Please don't think that we are discouraging the chat, far from it, we are just trying to make it easier for everyone, one place for serious visa stuff, and one to chill out and learn about living over here

The old thread - Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - is HERE and is now closed.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 1st 2010 at 6:38 am.