Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old May 28th 2010, 4:34 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
WooHoo, I guessed that.

When we were in the CC often used to fancy that job, even more so in France.
We are looking for something similar in Oz! We did apply for one when we were there end of 2009, but not much luck.

Matt
Old May 28th 2010, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Thanks Ian, I have just emailed the London AHC for confirmation on what the procedure is now. Our visas were granted with our old passports, (the OH still has loads of life on hers) the numbers of which are on the visa labels, so there is a need to associate the new passport with the visa in my case.

Matt
Just had a reply from AHC London, have to send old & new passports in for new visa label, so that answers that.

Cheers

Matt
Old May 28th 2010, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a reply from AHC London, have to send old & new passports in for new visa label, so that answers that.

Cheers

Matt
Hi Matt, could you tell me the email address you used for enquires at the High Commission in London . I realise your case is different as you have a new passport but I don`t think they make it clear wether we should still send in our passports for validating . I know we dont get a label (nothing to show for all that money) but do they need to see them for some other reason .We were asked on the final contact with the CO to state which High Commission we would use and we also have a survey form to fill in and send . Sorry if I seem to be flapping somewhat but having got this far dont want to mess up
now
Chris
Old May 28th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

We are looking for something similar in Oz! We did apply for one when we were there end of 2009, but not much luck.

Matt
Was you wearing a corked hat and very baggy shorts?

Saw some very expensive caravans at the Ekka show at Brisbane, average price about $70,000 So they must park them somewhere but did not see any sites where we went, nice idea though. Frazer Island would be a good spot.

Best wishes
Les
Old May 28th 2010, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Chris-Rob-PTK
Hi Matt, could you tell me the email address you used for enquires at the High Commission in London . I realise your case is different as you have a new passport but I don`t think they make it clear wether we should still send in our passports for validating . I know we dont get a label (nothing to show for all that money) but do they need to see them for some other reason .We were asked on the final contact with the CO to state which High Commission we would use and we also have a survey form to fill in and send . Sorry if I seem to be flapping somewhat but having got this far dont want to mess up
now
Chris
Hi Chris

Try [email protected] thats what I have been using.

Cheers

Matt
Old May 28th 2010, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
Was you wearing a corked hat and very baggy shorts?

Saw some very expensive caravans at the Ekka show at Brisbane, average price about $70,000 So they must park them somewhere but did not see any sites where we went, nice idea though. Frazer Island would be a good spot.

Best wishes
Les
Yes and my wellies!!

The Ozzie caravans are far superior to ours I think, thats why they are so much more expensive! You find a caravan park in most places, mostly municipal owned!

Matt
Old May 29th 2010, 2:06 am
Just Joined

TtiGeR is an unknown quantity at this point

Reduction in Family Migration Visas

On 11 May 2010, DIAC announced a reduction in family migration visa places. I made a request for the specifics in regards to parent visa categories. Here is the reply I received from DIAC.

The 2010-11 Parent Migration program will consist of:
  • 1000 places for Parent category visas; and
  • 7500 places for Contributory Parent category visas

Of these it is expected that in the Parent category, approximately 700 places will be allocated to Parent (Subcalss 103) visas and 300 places will be allocated to Aged Parent (Subclass 804) visas. In the Contributory Parent category, it is expected that approximately 7000 places will be allocated to Contributory Parent (Subclass 173 or Subclass 143) visas and 500 places will be allocated to Contributory Aged Parent (Subclass 884 or Subclass 864) visa.
As you may see the places for Contributory Parent category visas remain at 7500 as the current program year, whereas non-contributory Parent category visa places reduced by 50%. Based on the current queue level for 103 (offshore non-contributory) visa, it is estimated that the waiting period of a new 103 visa application would be 22 years (15500/700) if allocated places remain at 1000 in future.

Last edited by TtiGeR; May 29th 2010 at 2:08 am.
Old May 29th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Yes and my wellies!!

The Ozzie caravans are far superior to ours I think, thats why they are so much more expensive! You find a caravan park in most places, mostly municipal owned!

Matt
It wouldn't take much to be superior to ours, my sister & b-i-l are still into caravaning, to France mostly, they spent over £20,000 on one of the biggest UK models, then added another £5,000 worth of extras like motor-mover and satellite and are always moaning about what is the last bit that has broken. B-i-l is an engineer he has contacted the manufacture to suggest ways of improving the van but they don't want to know.

Would agree Ozzie vans did look very well made with massive chassis for rough road towing, but you would need a pretty big tow vehicle, not that they are in short supply in Oz.

Forgot about the wellie boots, Bruce.
Old May 29th 2010, 7:02 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TtiGeR
Reduction in Family Migration Visas

On 11 May 2010, DIAC announced a reduction in family migration visa places. I made a request for the specifics in regards to parent visa categories. Here is the reply I received from DIAC.

As you may see the places for Contributory Parent category visas remain at 7500 as the current program year, whereas non-contributory Parent category visa places reduced by 50%. Based on the current queue level for 103 (offshore non-contributory) visa, it is estimated that the waiting period of a new 103 visa application would be 22 years (15500/700) if allocated places remain at 1000 in future.
Thanks very much for that information - it will reassure users of this thread, but I feel for those who are in the 103 queue.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 29th 2010, 7:03 am

Would anyone like to start a Caravan Down Under thread?
Old May 29th 2010, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sandch
Maybe when we get there.

It could be an option given the house prices in Oz and the low £.
Old May 29th 2010, 7:38 am

Matt
Old May 29th 2010, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

heresoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave my husband has been on about it for ages.A way of avoiding paying rent he says...but me want the house with the garden etc......hmmm now you lot are starting to put ideas into my head
Old May 29th 2010, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Chris-Rob-PTK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Chris

Try [email protected] thats what I have been using.

Cheers

Matt
Thanks Matt
Old May 29th 2010, 2:24 pm

Think I'll pack it in and buy a caravan, take it down to SA.
Find a block to call my own and try to fix up.
Start a brand new day.

Doesn't quite have the appeal of the original does it? But perhaps in a few years time, us veterans of the CPV will finally have pieces of land that we're unable to afford to build on.

OK going to my therapist appointment now - back in a.... bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.