Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Old May 27th 2010, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Originally Posted by Julian927
Thank you Matt. I see that you are going to South Queensland. We are heading for the Central Coast NSW but at the moment we are only a few miles from you. We are in Carterton.

Ian
Congratulations and Bon Voyage!!
Old May 27th 2010, 8:46 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been told we don't need to send our passports for validation. The visa will show up on the electronic system. We have been advised to carry the letter with us, just in case. Apparently you can see your visa by looking on VEVO.
Julie and Ian
Is this now a permanent arrangement not sending passports for validation? I am just renewing my passport for when we go back to Oz permanently and as my old passport has the visa in, I am of the understanding that I have to send old & new passports to the AHC London to have a visa label put in my new passport.

Cheers

Matt
Old May 27th 2010, 8:55 pm

Thank you Matt. I see that you are going to South Queensland. We are heading for the Central Coast NSW but at the moment we are only a few miles from you. We are in Carterton.

Ian
You certainly are nearby, we live & work at the Caravan Club site opposite the Cotswold Wildlife Park and are in for a busy weekend coming! But its a great way of earning & saving towards our future in Oz. If you feel like a chat about Oz over a beer sometime, then it would be good to see you!

Cheers

Matt
Old May 27th 2010, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Is this now a permanent arrangement not sending passports for validation? I am just renewing my passport for when we go back to Oz permanently and as my old passport has the visa in, I am of the understanding that I have to send old & new passports to the AHC London to have a visa label put in my new passport.

Cheers

Matt
I am not sure what happens when you wish to transfer a visa to a new passport, but for new visas I quote from grant letter:

"Visa Evidencing

You do not require having a visa label placed in to your passport. Australia’s modern electronic visa system does not require you to have a visa label placed in your passport to confirm your immigration status and entitlement to travel to and remain in Australia. If you are entitled to enter Australia, the airline staff will electronically confirm that you have authority to travel to Australia.

Your visa information is held electronically and you can access it at any time using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. VEVO is a free internet service that allows you to view your visa details online.

You are not required to present this letter, however, you should keep this letter with you for your reference."

Hope this helps.

Ian
Old May 27th 2010, 9:10 pm

I am not sure what happens when you wish to transfer a visa to a new passport, but for new visas I quote from grant letter:

"Visa Evidencing

You do not require having a visa label placed in to your passport. Australia’s modern electronic visa system does not require you to have a visa label placed in your passport to confirm your immigration status and entitlement to travel to and remain in Australia. If you are entitled to enter Australia, the airline staff will electronically confirm that you have authority to travel to Australia.

Your visa information is held electronically and you can access it at any time using the Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) system. VEVO is a free internet service that allows you to view your visa details online.

You are not required to present this letter, however, you should keep this letter with you for your reference."

Hope this helps.

Ian
Thanks Ian, I have just emailed the London AHC for confirmation on what the procedure is now. Our visas were granted with our old passports, (the OH still has loads of life on hers) the numbers of which are on the visa labels, so there is a need to associate the new passport with the visa in my case.

Matt
Old May 28th 2010, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian, I have just emailed the London AHC for confirmation on what the procedure is now. Our visas were granted with our old passports, (the OH still has loads of life on hers) the numbers of which are on the visa labels, so there is a need to associate the new passport with the visa in my case.

Matt
I know that I am on a 173 and not a 143 visa but when applying for the 143, and on a couple of other occassions, a certified copy of the visa sticker page of my passport was required as part of the bundle of evidence required to support the application. It will be interesting to see if the grant letter will be accepted instead

Congratulations and good luck to all those who have moved forward in their quest for a new life down under - it is worth every excruciating moment of waiting!
Old May 28th 2010, 5:52 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Our receipt of payment arrived yesterday our visa was granted today!! Steve can we have our red star please?
Our flights are booked for October. We have removal firms coming round to quote today and tomorrow.....then all we have to do is our daughter's wedding in July....then we are off to the Central Coast.
Ian & Julie
I leave you lot alone for one day and things happen!

Congratulations!

It all seems to be falling into place quite nicely.

Best wishes

Steve
Old May 28th 2010, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by austibeach
At long last, its RED STAR time !!!, after what has felt like a lifetime of waiting we finally have our visas. It's almost too difficult to take in, as it has been nearly 20 years of waiting for us, but for a whole host of reasons we just couldn't get ourselves into a position to make the move.
Now all we have to do is get Wendy back to health, sell our house and make the move down under........sounds almost too easy, but in reality it will be just the same as we have always done, faced one day at a time and I can't see us celebrating until we are actually on our way.

Good luck to all of you that are patiently waiting for your turn.....it will come !

Eric.
Many Congratulations Eric!

Yes that's a long haul, and some challenges ahead for sure, but it's a matter of ticking them off one at a time. The exchange rate seems to be going the right way at any rate!

Best wishes

Steve
Old May 28th 2010, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

.... we live & work at the Caravan Club site.......

Cheers

Matt
WooHoo, I guessed that.

When we were in the CC often used to fancy that job, even more so in France.
Old May 28th 2010, 7:38 am

You certainly are nearby, we live & work at the Caravan Club site opposite the Cotswold Wildlife Park and are in for a busy weekend coming! But its a great way of earning & saving towards our future in Oz. If you feel like a chat about Oz over a beer sometime, then it would be good to see you!

Cheers

Matt
Which is in turn not far from my company in Chippy! Small world. Though I admit to being based in Zomerzet, hic.
Old May 28th 2010, 9:46 am

K and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really niceK and M is just really nice
Smile Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Our receipt of payment arrived yesterday our visa was granted today!! Steve can we have our red star please?
Our flights are booked for October. We have removal firms coming round to quote today and tomorrow.....then all we have to do is our daughter's wedding in July....then we are off to the Central Coast.
Ian & Julie
Congratulations!!!!!:D

We shall hopefully be joining you in the Central Coast within the next 12 months!!

K&M
Old May 28th 2010, 10:09 am
Just Joined

phyllis71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Congrats to Eric Wendy and all you other red stars.I paid my 2nd Vac in london. Then I got an email from my CO telling me we were £10.shotr. I have no idea how this happened, but we sent the £10 back to London and then.........wait for reciept to come back which was yesterday and today posted it to my CO..........more wait. Like you Eric i am taking this A Day At A Time. House to sell now. What a journey. Regards Phyllis
Old May 28th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

It's exciting to get to this point - after so long. We went against advice and sold our house in October 2008 and have been living in rented accommodation ever since. In some ways it helped us to declutter.....although we still need a 40 foot container!
I think sorting out pensions has been the most harrowing part of it all.
See you all out on the Central Coast!
Julie and Ian
Old May 28th 2010, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

phyllis71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi where is the best place to get containers, I am only taking some small furniture, linen, photo albums, some clothes etc. Can you share a container, or do they come in smaller sizes. Excuse my ignorance, but I am finding it confusing. Is this going to be cost effective, or is it better just to get boxes for photo albums. And buy the rest in oz.. Regards Phyllis
Old May 28th 2010, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by phyllis71
Hi where is the best place to get containers, I am only taking some small furniture, linen, photo albums, some clothes etc. Can you share a container, or do they come in smaller sizes. Excuse my ignorance, but I am finding it confusing. Is this going to be cost effective, or is it better just to get boxes for photo albums. And buy the rest in oz.. Regards Phyllis
If you contact some international removal firms they will quote you for sending your belongings in a shared container. I am not sure which ones are local to you but you could try; Pickfords, Crown and Doree Bonner.

Regards

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.