Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:08 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Hi everyone,

All that has happened is we've moved the off-topic, chit-chat posts to another thread. Our policy to keep the immigration forum free of chit-chat is not new, it's been in effect since the site started over 10 years ago.

We were sensitive to the fact that you had built up an infinity with each other, therefore instead of splitting your thread into countless new ones, all we did was take the chit-chat posts and put them into a new thread. So now instead of one thread you have two. One for chit-chat, one for immigration discussion. That way those that don't want to chit-chat and want to stick to the more serious issues will easily be able to indentify that topic, and the posts, that are applicatble to them. And those that want to chit-chat can continue to do so here. If you don't want to venture into any other threads on BE, that is of course up to you. You are more than welcome to just stick to the two threads and continue as you were before and not particpate in the rest of the forum.

Two threads are not a big deal, and no more difficult to keep track of than one. After all the volume of posts would be the same whether in one thread or two . (Oh and if you weren't aware you can follow any threads you have posted in here)

Please know we haven't done this to alienate anyone, on the contrary, we've done it so you can easily find the information that is pertinent to you, but at the same time be able to continue the chit-chat, and relationships, that you are building with each other
Sue
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Originally Posted by sandch
Hello - congratulations! tracker updated.

I have to agree with the sentiments despite my lame attempts to be diplomatic. I don't have time to log into 2 threads either.
.................................................. ...........
Hello - after several weeks - maybe months of reading and thoroughly enjoying the banter on this thread and waiting with hope in my heart for the news about the appeal I have made for Catherine (handicapped daughter) , I was hoping to be able to send good news about our status.

However, On Sunday we received the news that we have been denied a CPV again.

I know that some of you still remember us - I had so many wonderful messages when we had the first denial. This time we have been given the opportunity to appeal to the MOC. This will take almost a year, cost about $1500 and due to several reasons will need to have a laywer in Australia - another pile of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! Plus I don't know how to change things. CAtherine has a development challenge - I cannot make it different. I am 69 and my daughter is 37. My daughter and I have no relatives other than two cousins of Catherine's in quebec. Her father has not been in touch with either of his daughters in nearly two years despite a new granddaughter and monthly messages from us.

I don't think that I will live for ever. (Although my mother lived to be 100!.)So, what to do? My younger daughter is having another baby in June and Catherine and I will go over for that but it is all very worrying and reading this forum has been very important to us. Whether it is giving currency info, health info, centrelink info or just where to buy the beloved vegemite - it fills a void in the lives of those of us waiting, hoping and /anticipating/dreading news.

Sometimes, the posts are perhaps irrelevant and on reading them - one might think ??????????? but I click in every morning and am thrilled when I see the activity there and the new CO's being given and AOS 's going through etc. then finally the visa.

I cheer for you all and hope I'll be there one day.

the real point of this though is to say - keep the format - it works - it is great and it gives hope.

By the way do we know of anyone else who has been denied on medical grounds?

Can the gold coasters still have a get together in the autumn - April or May?
I want to moan to Steve,MAtt, Les, Elaine and the others who have been through it and now it is all changing - I am so sad!

So, what happens when you want to say all this sad stuff and then say that yesterday I was in a small pharmacy in Thornbury Ontario Canada and found a HUGE display of TIM TAMS - I bought several packets and was happy for the afternoon...................

sorry to moan but really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the very best to everyone

audie and catherine -
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:50 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by framboy
YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! YES,YES, YES, We have a Case Officer, opened up the email this morning and what a wake up, now have to try and concentrate on a day at work. One thing we noted is that we have 49 days to complete, which is longer than we thought we would get. Will have to wait until tonight to break out the booze!!! steve, please update the tracker, look out Lez.
Congratulations!!! Even though you know it will happen one day, its still and amazing relief, isn't it?

The 49 days might be because of the Christmas break-everything seems to stop for 2 weeks there, as it does here.

Audie-so, so sorry. it puts everything else in perspective. I hope that you do manage to find some resolution to this problem

Kind regards

Fiz

regards
fiz
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Audie

So sorry your plight carries on, would it be helpful to try and get a personal appointment with the London Australian Embassy, and state all your details, to help fight it from the UK.??? Or maybe a top notch Visa Agent who could add some weight, one just feels desperatlely for you, with all these extra decisions to make. I/ we would so like it to come good for you.

Best wishes
Elaine
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Originally Posted by audie123
.................................................. ...........
Hello - after several weeks - maybe months of reading and thoroughly enjoying the banter on this thread and waiting with hope in my heart for the news about the appeal I have made for Catherine (handicapped daughter) , I was hoping to be able to send good news about our status.

However, On Sunday we received the news that we have been denied a CPV again.

I know that some of you still remember us - I had so many wonderful messages when we had the first denial. This time we have been given the opportunity to appeal to the MOC. This will take almost a year, cost about $1500 and due to several reasons will need to have a laywer in Australia - another pile of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! Plus I don't know how to change things. CAtherine has a development challenge - I cannot make it different. I am 69 and my daughter is 37. My daughter and I have no relatives other than two cousins of Catherine's in quebec. Her father has not been in touch with either of his daughters in nearly two years despite a new granddaughter and monthly messages from us.

I don't think that I will live for ever. (Although my mother lived to be 100!.)So, what to do? My younger daughter is having another baby in June and Catherine and I will go over for that but it is all very worrying and reading this forum has been very important to us. Whether it is giving currency info, health info, centrelink info or just where to buy the beloved vegemite - it fills a void in the lives of those of us waiting, hoping and /anticipating/dreading news.

Sometimes, the posts are perhaps irrelevant and on reading them - one might think ??????????? but I click in every morning and am thrilled when I see the activity there and the new CO's being given and AOS 's going through etc. then finally the visa.

I cheer for you all and hope I'll be there one day.

the real point of this though is to say - keep the format - it works - it is great and it gives hope.

By the way do we know of anyone else who has been denied on medical grounds?

Can the gold coasters still have a get together in the autumn - April or May?
I want to moan to Steve,MAtt, Les, Elaine and the others who have been through it and now it is all changing - I am so sad!

So, what happens when you want to say all this sad stuff and then say that yesterday I was in a small pharmacy in Thornbury Ontario Canada and found a HUGE display of TIM TAMS - I bought several packets and was happy for the afternoon...................

audie and catherine -
Dear Audie & Catherine
What a dreadful blow for you both but I sincerely hope that you don't give up (I'm sure you won't). Surely somewhere someone will have a spark of compassion. It puts my woes in perspective that's for sure. Good luck & best wishes, Cath & Tony
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

audie and catherine -
Are you using a registered agent or doing this on your own? If the latter it might be an idea to contact a couple of agents and see what they think.
Ones who come to mind are George Lombard, Peter Bollard or Ian Harrop.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 3rd 2010 at 6:10 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 6:19 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely to hear from you again Audie, but not the news we all wanted to hear. I wish we had a solution but it seems you're faced with dealing with experts - expensive - with no certainty of outcome. Do keep us in the picture though.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

jtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to beholdjtct is a splendid one to behold

Don't give up Audie - we're all rooting for you. Hope you get some better news soon

Oh dear, this is 'chat' perhaps I'm in the wrong thread!
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jtct
we're all rooting for you.
I am told by my son that this verb is somewaht rude and that I shouldn't use it.

Anyone else heard this?
Charlie
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

audie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really niceaudie123 is just really nice

thank you so much for your kindness in replying and your concern for us. I will let you know how things go in the next few weeks.

In answer to Charlie about 'rooting" - yes! there is a connotation! - I found this out when I gave the speech at my daughter's wedding and talked about giving one's child 'roots and wings etc" in fact 'roots' were the main thrust of my speech - then I noticed my daughter and sil trying to contain their laughter - and I was being the caring loving generous mom! - THEN I realised! - I continued and received a huge ovation - but there was a bit of a moment of uh oh! - wonderful day and I want to be back! In Canada rooting means the same thing as in the UK! thank you jtct!

We have to make our decision relatively shortly as to whether to go before the Migration Review Board which is a big decision too - I should like to say that our Case Officer has been wonderful. there was a change in the middle of our journey and the old one was in tears when she told us about the first denial, she too was great. Now our new CO is a huge help as she used to work with tourist visas and is able to help if we have to do a six month Canada/six month Australia decision.

what a great group of people this was - whichever forum we fall into.

thank you all for being there.................

audie and catherine
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 7:11 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

thank you so much for your kindness in replying and your concern for us. I will let you know how things go in the next few weeks.

In answer to Charlie about 'rooting" - yes! there is a connotation! - I found this out when I gave the speech at my daughter's wedding and talked about giving one's child 'roots and wings etc" in fact 'roots' were the main thrust of my speech - then I noticed my daughter and sil trying to contain their laughter - and I was being the caring loving generous mom! - THEN I realised! - I continued and received a huge ovation - but there was a bit of a moment of uh oh! - wonderful day and I want to be back! In Canada rooting means the same thing as in the UK! thank you jtct!

We have to make our decision relatively shortly as to whether to go before the Migration Review Board which is a big decision too - I should like to say that our Case Officer has been wonderful. there was a change in the middle of our journey and the old one was in tears when she told us about the first denial, she too was great. Now our new CO is a huge help as she used to work with tourist visas and is able to help if we have to do a six month Canada/six month Australia decision.

what a great group of people this was - whichever forum we fall into.

thank you all for being there.................

audie and catherine
So pleased to hear that you are having support from the Case officers-it is reassuring to know that they have a human side to them. I just hope that you feel able to keep fighting-you have this forum (both threads!!!) behind you. I am sure I am not alone when i say that my minor issues over things like exchange rate pale into insignificance compared to the mountain you are facing.Thinking of you...Fiz
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! YES,YES, YES, We have a Case Officer, opened up the email this morning and what a wake up, now have to try and concentrate on a day at work. One thing we noted is that we have 49 days to complete, which is longer than we thought we would get. Will have to wait until tonight to break out the booze!!! steve, please update the tracker, look out Lez.
Just wanted to say congratulations as well. I know it's a bit late, but I did get a bit distracted by other things going on on the site! Anyway you are now on your way. When are you planning on going? Maybe we will see you in Kings Park Perth.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Just wanted to say congratulations as well. I know it's a bit late, but I did get a bit distracted by other things going on on the site! Anyway you are now on your way. When are you planning on going? Maybe we will see you in Kings Park Perth.
Thanks very much, we hope to be in Busselton, about 4 hrs south of Perth in early May, where we will be joining our daughter, son in law and 2 grandsons
Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

THAT'S WONDERFUL NEWS

The worst part of the waiting is over and a life in the sun with your family is one step nearer.

Best wishes

Floss
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations, The time will go very quickly now, good luck and hope all goes as smoothly as mine did.
Once past the admin finishing line, it is good to feel you have freed up another CO.

Best Wishes
Elaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.