Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Contributory Parent Visa - Part 5 - Visa/Immigration queries only please!!

Old Nov 3rd 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

ancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really niceancpar is just really nice
Default Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Just an update on our situation, after being advised of the allocation of C/O
on 6th October we were dazed for a while then suddenly realised what had to be achieved in the requested 28 days. We had already arranged police checks before leaving UK for our 2 month holiday, so that was one thing done.
Arranged medicals in Perth and surprisingly saved a few dollars, all went well
and was completed by the 18th October. Our Son had his interview with Centrelink on the 19th October and all went well, AOS payment was requested on the 25th and completed on the 29th.We are now bracing ourselves for the big payout. Luckily all monies had already been tranfered to OZ earlier this year when the exchange rate was more favourable, we actually have a few dollars left, which is a bonus. We are now back in the UK,
hoping to sell the house, if that is possible under the present climate, we are keeping everything crossed and waiting in anticipation.
Good luck to all those still waiting for a C/O, it will happen!!!!

Pat & John
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 2:33 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ancpar
on 6th October we were dazed for a while then suddenly realised what had to be achieved in the requested 28 days. We had already arranged police checks before leaving UK for our 2 month holiday, so that was one thing done.
and was completed by the 18th October. Our Son had his interview with Centrelink on the 19th October and all went well, AOS payment was requested on the 25th and completed on the 29th.We are now bracing ourselves for the big payout. Luckily all monies had already been tranfered to OZ earlier this year when the exchange rate was more favourable, we actually have a few dollars left, which is a bonus. We are now back in the UK,
hoping to sell the house, if that is possible under the present climate, we are keeping everything crossed and waiting in anticipation.

Pat & John
Glad it's going smoothly folks.
Old Nov 3rd 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

pemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the roughpemajoka is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ancpar

Pat & John
Brilliant to hear of another "on their way", a very presumptive congratulations
Old Nov 8th 2010, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

framboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really niceframboy is just really nice

We have just renewed our passports, and our children who will be our sponsors have just changed their address, so we need to fill in Form 1022, but this asks for Certified copy of new passport, does anyone know who can do this??
On the form for Police Check, which we are now also filling in also, a County or Parish Councilor can verify that the photos being supplied are a true copy, so can they verify passport copies also?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:15 am
Just Joined

datbay is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by junejuno
For anyone interested I stumbled across this one way travel insurance. It covers medical expenses and legal expenses etc which other one way insurance tends not to. It's basically their single trip holiday insurance but it stipulates that it can be used by folks like us who are emigrating and want a better degree of insurance whilst travelling. It's the Post Office of all people.
I hope this if some help.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/p...single#anchor1
Hello guys,

This is my first post on this forum, I have been searching a bit for the past few days but couldn't find an answer to my query.

We are a young couple in peculiar situation. I had applied for a contributory parent visa for my Mum last year. We were away and arrived in Australia this year, February. Both me and my wife are software developers and earn well above the minimum AOS requirement, however do not have taxable income for 2009-2010 to satisfy the AOS threshhold. My wife is a spouse temporary resident and would not be authorized to provide AOS.
In such a case, is it possible to delay the visa application for about 8 months by which I can provide the 2010-2011 tax assessment notice? Has anyone ever delayed a contributory parent visa application?

The reason for us being away and not being able to provide last year assessments are both medical and family reasons.

Thank you for any help in advance, I realize ours is quite a complicated case but our immigration lawyer seems to be just as confused as us, and the dates for rebooking AOS is running out fast!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by datbay
Hello guys,

This is my first post on this forum, I have been searching a bit for the past few days but couldn't find an answer to my query.

We are a young couple in peculiar situation. I had applied for a contributory parent visa for my Mum last year. We were away and arrived in Australia this year, February. Both me and my wife are software developers and earn well above the minimum AOS requirement, however do not have taxable income for 2009-2010 to satisfy the AOS threshhold. My wife is a spouse temporary resident and would not be authorized to provide AOS.
In such a case, is it possible to delay the visa application for about 8 months by which I can provide the 2010-2011 tax assessment notice? Has anyone ever delayed a contributory parent visa application?

The reason for us being away and not being able to provide last year assessments are both medical and family reasons.

Thank you for any help in advance, I realize ours is quite a complicated case but our immigration lawyer seems to be just as confused as us, and the dates for rebooking AOS is running out fast!
Hi datbay

I am not sure if you are aware but the sponsor and the assurer do not have to be the same. You and your wife do not necessarily have to act as Assurers. It can be anyone who is an Australian Permanent Resident or citizen. Do you have any friends who would be willing to do this for you or any other relatives in Australia?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

peewit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

I had some marmite on toast for breakfast and then thought that I could improve the video. It talks a bit about agents but does not mentions any names.
Here it is :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rAHkqomnzQ

Best regards

Peewit
Old Nov 19th 2010, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

mavinaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4

Hi everyone,
Just joined this so hello to all. Do know of this forum and poms in perth. Husband and I been here since 2005 on 410 visa, and currently applying for contributory parent visa, from Australia. We sent in June and got letter confirmation July, nothing heard since. Is anyone in a similar situation? Do you know how long till we here and how quickly it goes from there? Also, we had some routine medicals done beginning of this year whilst in Asia, do you think they would agree for these to be used? We used to live in Joondalup, now Mandurah. I work virtually full-time, hubby retired. Not been back to UK yet for a visit, loving it here too much. Our only son is here and our sponsor. Any advice greatly received.
Old Nov 20th 2010, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

MikenSueNW3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mavinaus
Hi everyone,
Just joined this so hello to all. Do know of this forum and poms in perth. Husband and I been here since 2005 on 410 visa, and currently applying for contributory parent visa, from Australia. We sent in June and got letter confirmation July, nothing heard since. Is anyone in a similar situation? Do you know how long till we here and how quickly it goes from there? Also, we had some routine medicals done beginning of this year whilst in Asia, do you think they would agree for these to be used? We used to live in Joondalup, now Mandurah. I work virtually full-time, hubby retired. Not been back to UK yet for a visit, loving it here too much. Our only son is here and our sponsor. Any advice greatly received.
G'day Mavinaus (?Mav in Aus?)

I'm a bit surprised no one has replied yet. But welcome!

The rule of thumb seems to be 16–18 months to be contacted by a Case Officer (CO) from the Parent Visa Centre (PVC) in Perth, then it seems to be a rush to get medicals and police checks done, provide Assurance of Support and so on, all in a couple of months. You must be neck-and-neck with us – our application (for a 173 visa at first, but we intend to convert it to a 143 as soon as our UK property is sold) also went in in June, and we're hoping to be on the home run by this time next year or maybe earlier.

You're lucky (or should I say planned well!) to get a 410. We were planning the same thing, but they were terminated before we had a chance to apply.

Do you know of the other main forum, PomsInOz? The equivalent strand there is http://www.*************/forum/migrat...sa-thread.html. The moderator, Gollywobbler AKA Gill, is an absolute fount of knowledge on the subject; she is a solicitor in the UK, but has family including her mum in Adelaide, and learned an awful lot about the parent visa process getting her mum out there.

Another useful site is run by a guy called Steve ("sandch"), who also contributes to PiO and this strand, but is off-air as he has (I think) just made the move to Oz. It has a tracker for Parent Visa applicants – if you put yourselves on there (or get Steve to for you), you can watch how close to the home run you are compared with others (us included). Look at http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php.

Good luck, and carry on enjoying it!

Mike

Last edited by MikenSueNW3; Nov 20th 2010 at 3:09 pm. Reason: Refs to Steve
Old Nov 21st 2010, 4:08 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mavinaus
Hi everyone,
Hello

Have a look at the date tracker (small sample of applicants) for an idea of wait times. It's unlikely any previous medicals would be accepted. I'm not sure how you apply for the offshore CPV whilst in Australia, but you seem to have done it, so that's probably OK.

Best wishes

Steve
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:56 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Heard today that I have a Case Officer!!!! For all of you just behind me on the tracker my lodgement date was actually 14th August 2009 and the letter was sent on 20th November 2010 so by my calculations that's 15 months and 6 days.....!

Puzzled that she has asked for me to do my medicals since they were done and sent in September so am trying not to panic about them being lost in some huge building in Sydney...

Having waited so long, there's a strange mixture of anti climax and panic setting in...

Fiz
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:08 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiz
Heard today that I have a Case Officer!!!! For all of you just behind me on the tracker my lodgement date was actually 14th August 2009 and the letter was sent on 20th November 2010 so by my calculations that's 15 months and 6 days.....!

Puzzled that she has asked for me to do my medicals since they were done and sent in September so am trying not to panic about them being lost in some huge building in Sydney...

Having waited so long, there's a strange mixture of anti climax and panic setting in...

Fiz
Hi Fiz, congratulations on getting to case officer stage, not far to go now. I would email/phone your case officer explaining about your medicals, its maybe that she missed it on the system, but do it ASAP.

All the best

Matt
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:48 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

fiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud offiz has much to be proud of

Matt-that's good advice: thanks.

The clinic sent them via a courier and I checked the tracking number so I know they reached Sydney....so many complications!!!

regards

Fiz
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 7:52 pm
fiz
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sandch
Hello! No, that's one of the things we forgot to put on our list!
Hi Steve-I got a case officer today!!!! Could you update the tracker please? (The date I was assigned one was the 20th but it took a couple of days to come through from my agent)

Best regards

Fiz
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

KatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really niceKatyJaysFolks is just really nice

Originally Posted by fiz
Hi Steve-I got a case officer today!!!! Could you update the tracker please? (The date I was assigned one was the 20th but it took a couple of days to come through from my agent)

Best regards

Fiz
Congratulations Fiz
Hope your medicals soon get located. August 2009 seems such a long time ago but now you're nearly there.
Hope to follow you there soon.
Regards
Floss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.