Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

confused about my Victoria SS status and my points now

confused about my Victoria SS status and my points now

Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:00 pm
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice
Default confused about my Victoria SS status and my points now

I applied on June 1, 2009 and my occupation was in MODL so my points were 125. First of all, I want to ask if my points are still to be considered as 125 after revocation of MODL?

Secondly, Victoria has not announced it's new occupations list yet. I got Victoria SS in October last year. Is it still valid or will I have to apply for SS again?
Old Jul 19th 2010, 10:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused about my Victoria SS status and my points now

Originally Posted by khurram
I applied on June 1, 2009 and my occupation was in MODL so my points were 125. First of all, I want to ask if my points are still to be considered as 125 after revocation of MODL?

Secondly, Victoria has not announced it's new occupations list yet. I got Victoria SS in October last year. Is it still valid or will I have to apply for SS again?
Have you asked Victoria?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:20 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

Your application will not be affected at all by the revocation of MODL...

Read FAQs for MODL revocation...

Q 5 What is the impact of revoking the MODL on applications that have been lodged and are awaiting a decision?

None. Applicants who lodged a GSM application before 8 February 2010 will not be affected by the revocation of the MODL.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...f/faq-modl.pdf

Regarding Victoria sponsorship, as far as I understand, once you have submitted application it should not matter... but thats just my opinion....
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

hopethebest is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
State sponsorship is valid upto decision of your visa application. I also applied 175 in December 2009 with 120 points. latter on i applied for SS Victoria in Jan 2010.
Now i have confirmed this from victoria that my sponsorship is valid till decision of my application.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

alipa is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hopethebest
Hi,
State sponsorship is valid upto decision of your visa application. I also applied 175 in December 2009 with 120 points. latter on i applied for SS Victoria in Jan 2010.
Now i have confirmed this from victoria that my sponsorship is valid till decision of my application.
Thats really great i also emailed Victoria & waiting for response
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:32 am
Siozakk

khurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nicekhurram is just really nice

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have phoned Victoria office today and I am told that they themselves are not sure what is the status of my sponsorship now and if I will need to reapply for sponsorship after they release their new occupations' list
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have phoned Victoria office today and I am told that they themselves are not sure what is the status of my sponsorship now and if I will need to reapply for sponsorship after they release their new occupations' list
Hi,

As far your SS validity concern, as its said it will be valid uptill decision by DIAC.

Now the confusing point is of priority as per new directions, SMP applicants are in group 2 where as all other applicants including SS with CSL and old 175 applicants whos nominated occupation is not on new SOL or SMP list will go to group 4 which has the least priority.

So the big quest is that do Victoria will automatically convert SS applicants to SMP condition occupation is on SMP or not? So wait for the release of new SMP, I am also anxiously waiting for it.

Last edited by jovipk; Jul 20th 2010 at 11:05 am.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jovipk
Hi,

As far your SS validity concern, as its said it will be valid uptill decision by DIAC.

Now the confusing point is of priority as per new directions, SMP applicants are in group 3 where as all other applicants including SS with CSL and old 175 applicants whos nominated occupation is not on new SOL or SMP list will go to group 4 which has the least priority.

So the big quest is that do Victoria will automatically convert SS applicants to SMP condition occupation is on SMP or not? So wait for the release of new SMP, I am also anxiously waiting for it.
My CO told me today if case has been assigned to CO then new policy will not be applicable on us & our case will be processed as before so i think these priority processing will be applicable on cases which are not assigned to CO yet.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

jovipk is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by alipa
My CO told me today if case has been assigned to CO then new policy will not be applicable on us & our case will be processed as before so i think these priority processing will be applicable on cases which are not assigned to CO yet.
Hi,

So u mean to say that the priority list is all the game of getting/allocating of CO, sounds great as i have seen many non CSL applicants are still waiting for CO.

This is really a good news, thx for sharing.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:14 am
Siozakk

but the DIAC website clearly says that the changes apply even to those applications that are in final stages and they have been asked for PCC & Meds. Its confusing. May be your CO was talking only about applications with occupation Computing Professionals nec. Anyways, I am relieved. after your phone call telling me about what your CO told. I hope things keep going smoothly for us in future. Your phone call spoiled my day yesterday just when I was relaxing after sending my PCC's to my CO :P
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

but the DIAC website clearly says that the changes apply even to those applications that are in final stages and they have been asked for PCC & Meds. Its confusing. May be your CO was talking only about applications with occupation Computing Professionals nec. Anyways, I am relieved. after your phone call telling me about what your CO told. I hope things keep going smoothly for us in future. Your phone call spoiled my day yesterday just when I was relaxing after sending my PCC's to my CO :P
Oh sorry but i wanted to share a news with you even it was bad but today as i got good news from my CO , i called you first to tell good news
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:08 pm
Siozakk

Oh sorry but i wanted to share a news with you even it was bad but today as i got good news from my CO , i called you first to tell good news
I have sent my PCC's yesterday and also asked the CO about the new priority arrangements. I haven't got his reply today. I will share it with you people when I get his reply. And after knowing about your CO's reply, I am hoping that my case will be finalized this week insha Allah.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point

But on DIAC website they say as always....

Priority processing applies to all applicants even in the final stages of their applications.

Q11 What will happen to applications in the final stages of processing where the department has
requested applicants to provide health and character clearances?
The new arrangements apply to all visa applications, including those in the final stages of processing.
Applications in lower priority groups cannot be processed further until those in higher priority groups are
finalised in accordance with the priority processing direction.

This is contradicting with ur response from ur CO.

And its a historical rule of DIAC that priority announcement applies to ALL applications even in the final stages.

comments?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:34 am
Siozakk

Originally Posted by gillgee

Priority processing applies to all applicants even in the final stages of their applications.

Q11 What will happen to applications in the final stages of processing where the department has
The new arrangements apply to all visa applications, including those in the final stages of processing.
Applications in lower priority groups cannot be processed further until those in higher priority groups are

And its a historical rule of DIAC that priority announcement applies to ALL applications even in the final stages.

comments?
This is not contradicting. If you read the document on DIAC website again, it says, "Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements." So these occupations are exceptional cases..
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gillgee

comments?
I got this response from my CO infact i am a computing professional (nec) i think this may be a factor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.