commonwealth Bank days/Financial Planning

Old Mar 4th 2001, 11:50 am
aa

Visa's in hand and thoughts moving to logistics of the move......The closer we get - the
more it seems that financial planning is going to be key - seems that there a multitude of
things to consider everything from getting Trasferring funds, Bank A/Cs, credit cards to
pension transfer and getting credit reating for mortgage etc etc ....

I recall that the Commonwealth Bank (used to?) do days for immigrants in the UK -
presumably to give info on financial aspects in the move to Oz (and also presumably to
sell their services).

Does anyone have access to the dates/itinery (for London) - also has anyone used these
days can advise on how worthwhile the advice is.

Any pointers from folk who have been through the mill (pitfalls to avoid/recommendations
on where to get prof. help) would be appreciated

Thanks, p

Old Mar 5th 2001, 4:52 am
Wayne

We went to one at the beginning of Feb. You have to pre-book in advance and I belive from
memory that they are held every 2 months. I will post a contact number to pre-book later.

Also, Quantas and Allied Pickfords are there touting for business.

We felt the advice offered was OK but not much more than we already expected/knew.
However, it did have the advantage of being able to open an account prior to leaving and
also offers an exchange rate which is set at what the bank buys/sell Oz dollars for and is
commission free.

I hope this helps, and like I say, I will post the number later to this group.

Regards Wayne

Purchase for Less on the Net at Ebates http://www.ebates.com/index.jhtml?referrer=chels

>
closer
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >