Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Originally Posted by TheImmigrant
oh GOD. I am from very high risk country .. LoL .. dont know whats going to happen with me. I will apply in next 2 weeks. I think I should be serious with my job and studies after reading this thread

Sad to see these double standards. The sslowness is the characterstic of Most of all of govt. offices are like that, irrespective of the country.
Unfortunately, it seems that processing takes longer for high risk country applicants. The best way to avoid a heartburn is to manage your own expectations. As long as you keep in mind the long processing time, you should be fine. No need to do something different with paperwork, as long as they are verifiable, there should be no problem. Good luck with your application. I hope you are doing it online.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Livein is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheImmigrant
oh GOD. I am from very high risk country .. LoL .. dont know whats going to happen with me. I will apply in next 2 weeks. I think I should be serious with my job and studies after reading this thread
People, what are you talking about? The link above refers to a list of medical checks and/or examinations that need to be done by an applicant from the corresponding country. This has nothing to do with waiting times.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Santorini is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed this tendency towards delays with CO allocations for applicants from HR countries long time ago. Unfortunately, now I see that I was right with my suspicions, because so many people noticed that too.

When I'm looking at BeUpdate, I see that some UK applicants (skilled) get their COs and visas in 4-5 months while the service standards are 12 months for them. At the same time almost all HR countries applicants wait much longer than the service standards indicate. And the most frustrating thing is that if somebody gets something earlier than it should be, it means that somebody else will have to wait more than should. In other words, each person from LR countries whose application has been processed much quicker, adds more waiting for the rest of applicants (mostly from HR countries), because the amount of officers remains quite the same.

I do understand that it is not LR country people's fault, they are just lucky. But after all these things, the official statements about equality and anti-discrimination sound like a jeer.

Last edited by Santorini; Oct 1st 2008 at 12:34 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Santorini
I noticed this tendency towards delays with CO allocations for applicants from HR countries long time ago. Unfortunately, now I see that I was right with my suspicions, because so many people noticed that too.

When I'm looking at BeUpdate, I see that some UK applicants (skilled) get their COs and visas in 4-5 months while the service standards are 12 months for them. At the same time almost all HR countries applicants wait much longer than the service standards indicate. And the most frustrating thing is that if somebody gets something earlier than it should be, it means that somebody else will have to wait more than should. In other words, each person from LR countries whose application has been processed much quicker, adds more waiting for the rest of applicants (mostly from HR countries), because the amount of officers remains quite the same.

I do understand that it is not LR country people's fault, they are just lucky. But after all these things, the official statements about equality and anti-discrimination sound like a jeer.
there's nothing we can do about it
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Livein is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barbiedoll
there's nothing we can do about it
Unless we initiate a revolution
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

romeosd is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you recognise the UK nationals from BEUpdate, how do you know the nationalities in this website ?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by romeosd
How do you recognise the UK nationals from BEUpdate, how do you know the nationalities in this website ?
I can only recognize nationality of some of the people there, just because they say where they are from. But this is enough to accumulate some statistics. No magic.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Livein
Unless we initiate a revolution
i'm really tired of waiting,it's 14 month now and no news yet.and my agent seems to be disappeared,been trying to contact him since last week but no reply and didnt return call as well
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

romeosd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barbiedoll
i'm really tired of waiting,it's 14 month now and no news yet.and my agent seems to be disappeared,been trying to contact him since last week but no reply and didnt return call as well
I hope people here from HR countries can share their experience, whether they are waiting for 14 month less or more even without medical finalised, sure this is only for those people who've already submitted their medicals.

We need to know whether people from HR countries also delayed for medicals to be finalised.

For me i recieved a request from LCU only 10 after submitting my medicals asking for ADDITIONAL documents.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by romeosd
I hope people here from HR countries can share their experience, whether they are waiting for 14 month less or more even without medical finalised, sure this is only for those people who've already submitted their medicals.

We need to know whether people from HR countries also delayed for medicals to be finalised.

For me i recieved a request from LCU only 10 after submitting my medicals asking for ADDITIONAL documents.
I had my medicals frontloaded. But I have to redo them again because they are about to expire. It's quite frustrating: to do meds again, to spend my time with doctors again and to pay again just because my application is not being processed within the service standards.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Mac SA is an unknown quantity at this point

We have booked our medical for 12 Nov. 2 1/2 months after submitting our online 175 application. We are from South Africa and want to be out of here by end Oct 2009 at the latest. I hope that frontloading everything will speed up the process??!!

I will update our progress (wishfull thinking) on this threat when we here anything.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

I had my medicals frontloaded. But I have to redo them again because they are about to expire. It's quite frustrating: to do meds again, to spend my time with doctors again and to pay again just because my application is not being processed within the service standards.
same here,my med and pcc are going to expired in dec.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really niceNix and Mike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mac SA
We have booked our medical for 12 Nov. 2 1/2 months after submitting our online 175 application. We are from South Africa and want to be out of here by end Oct 2009 at the latest. I hope that frontloading everything will speed up the process??!!

I will update our progress (wishfull thinking) on this threat when we here anything.
Hey Mac SA - another South African here......we have been waiting 13 months.
Good Luck with the patience required !

Cheers
Nix
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

TheImmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nix and Mike
Hey Mac SA - another South African here......we have been waiting 13 months.
Good Luck with the patience required !

Cheers
Nix
revolution.. lol ... forum revolution

AFter reading this thread, I have quite my plans for AU , instead i will apply for Tier 1, UK. AS it only takes 1 month or so.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For info guys - it has been stated on here in the past by various agents that the reason it takes longer to process applciations from high risk countries is because the checks carried out are usually more detailed.
This is purely because the migration history from certain countries has shown a higher tendency for fraudulent or partially fraudulent applications.
Not suggesting for a moment that the people on here are involved in fraudulent applciations, but the actions of certain of your countryfolk, when applying to migrate in the past, are now having a flow on effect for you guys as DIAC insist on closer checking procedures.
Nothing you can do about it I'm afraid except be patient.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.