Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

There is absolutely no doubt that processing takes longer for applicants from high risk countries. It is understandable that this might be due to additional time taken to verify the documents submitted, checks done on background, character etc. However, do the applicants from high risk coutries get a CO later than someone from a low risk country? In other words, do the low risk country applicants get a priority in assignment of COs? Intuitively, discrepancy should not happen at CO allocation phase, unless there is a policy of prioritizing some applicants based on country of origin.

I have applied online (176 MODL from a high risk country) in April 08, still no sign of a CO. I thought applicants from high risk countries might be interested in sharing their experieces and get to know from each other whats going on in DIAC. So, here goes the thread.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is CO Allocation Delayed for High Risk Countries?

Originally Posted by caliburn
There is absolutely no doubt that processing takes longer for applicants from high risk countries. It is understandable that this might be due to additional time taken to verify the documents submitted, checks done on background, character etc. However, do the applicants from high risk coutries get a CO later than someone from a low risk country? In other words, do the low risk country applicants get a priority in assignment of COs? Intuitively, discrepancy should not happen at CO allocation phase, unless there is a policy of prioritizing some applicants based on country of origin.

I have applied online (176 MODL from a high risk country) in April 08, still no sign of a CO. I thought applicants from high risk countries might be interested in sharing their experieces and get to know from each other whats going on in DIAC. So, here goes the thread.
we are applied in august 07 on 136 and still no CO yet.....this is very frustrating
Old Sep 20th 2008, 1:12 pm
mrt
Forum Regular

mrt will become famous soon enough

My theory is that the actual processing dates are the ones we should be looking at. I don't think anyone has got a CO in 2008.
Logically it should be first in first served basis but a quick look a beupdate is enough to know that this is not the case

cheers
mrt
Old Sep 20th 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

of course they're delayed and i think they sort it initially based on passports. my security background is done by FBI but doesn't seem to help.

march 175 MODL online, no CO yet.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by barbiedoll
we are applied in august 07 on 136 and still no CO yet.....this is very frustrating
It has been over 13 months for you and still no CO!! Must be utterly frustrating. Are you paper-based and used an agent? Have you also contacted DIAC to know the status? I think its time for you to take some action.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrt
My theory is that the actual processing dates are the ones we should be looking at. I don't think anyone has got a CO in 2008.
Logically it should be first in first served basis but a quick look a beupdate is enough to know that this is not the case

cheers
mrt
mrt, I agree with you. I have not so far noticed anyone from a high risk country getting a CO during 2008. This is something that should be validated and confirmed. There are plenty of Jan-Apr 08 low risk country applicants who already got their visas. I am not expecting a similar timeline for HR countries. But allocation of CO should be as random for us as for everyone else.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lastere
of course they're delayed and i think they sort it initially based on passports. my security background is done by FBI but doesn't seem to help.

march 175 MODL online, no CO yet.
lastere, MODL does not seem to carry any meaning in terms of processing timeline. Did you frontload everything including medicals and PCCs? A few more feedback like yours will confirm the fact that allocation of CO is actaully delayed for high risk country applicants.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point

lastere, MODL does not seem to carry any meaning in terms of processing timeline. Did you frontload everything including medicals and PCCs? A few more feedback like yours will confirm the fact that allocation of CO is actaully delayed for high risk country applicants.

here is feb applicant and no CO yet also from HR and online application..i guess allocation is just based for the formal timeline sent by the departemnt regularly every week is that of ours' !!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
here is feb applicant and no CO yet also from HR and online application..i guess allocation is just based for the formal timeline sent by the departemnt regularly every week is that of ours' !!
mourad, you seem so right!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

It has been over 13 months for you and still no CO!! Must be utterly frustrating. Are you paper-based and used an agent? Have you also contacted DIAC to know the status? I think its time for you to take some action.
we r paper based,my agent has email DIAC last month and they said we have no CO yet.According to our agent whithin 15month of waiting period is not odd for high risk country and ask us not ton call diac as it may delay the processing time even more.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barbiedoll
we r paper based,my agent has email DIAC last month and they said we have no CO yet.According to our agent whithin 15month of waiting period is not odd for high risk country and ask us not ton call diac as it may delay the processing time even more.
barbiedoll, if you are two weeks past the published processing date for your visa category, DIAC suggests that you let them know.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

barbiedoll, if you are two weeks past the published processing date for your visa category, DIAC suggests that you let them know.
thx caliburn,but the processing time also seems to be very very slow
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

natsind is an unknown quantity at this point

diac and their officers are doing their all the best efforts to delay HR country applications.

they are taking double standards for LR & HR country applications. in their website they are telling same timeline for both LR & HR countries to process SRS applications but in practical, they are clearing LR application in 6-7 months and for HR NO TIME LIMITS, joking with HR Country application. :curse:

If australia dont require HR candidates anymore then, why not banning them from applying?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Leostar is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure that there must be a delay in the allocation of COs from HR countries - I applied with my South African passport (176 online) in Feb and have not heard a pip from immi. I am also a British citizin and am wondering whether I should communicate a 'change in circumstance' so that my british passport is used instead - has anyone done something similar - I wonder if that would speed things up?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by natsind
diac and their officers are doing their all the best efforts to delay HR country applications.

they are taking double standards for LR & HR country applications. in their website they are telling same timeline for both LR & HR countries to process SRS applications but in practical, they are clearing LR application in 6-7 months and for HR NO TIME LIMITS, joking with HR Country application. :curse:

If australia dont require HR candidates anymore then, why not banning them from applying?
totally agree with you natsind.We've been waiting for almost 14 months and still no sign of CO.we applied on 3 august 07 under 136 paper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.