Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

CO allocated - But my application has been forgotten?

CO allocated - But my application has been forgotten?

Old Aug 12th 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

akat is an unknown quantity at this point
Question CO allocated - But my application has been forgotten?

My CO contacted me almost 3 months back asking for the usual - PCC, Form-80, medicals.
Uploaded everything, medicals were "finalized" more than a month ago but absolutely no change in the online status or communication from CO.

How long should I wait before I ping em? Shouldn't happen that CO is waiting for something while I think I have uploaded everything.

Thanks!
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice
Default Re: CO allocated - But my application has been forgotten?

They do not forget. May be you are forgetting to be patient

Last edited by JOE2010; Aug 12th 2009 at 5:10 am.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

ritu1234 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JOE2010
They do not forget. May be you are forgetting to be patient
Yes, i am also accepted My co is the same ....He is sleeping or forgotten..i dont know what is my status of application?

Ritu
Old Aug 12th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

And mine.

Ritu - i have an almost identical timeline to yours and I haven't heard a peep from my CO since he was allocated on 14th May, giving 70 days for meds and police checks. Everything was submitted by 20th May and we're low risk so am really starting to wonder what is going on as it's a straightforward application. Needless to say the online status hasn't been touched in 3mths (mix of received and required) so we're totally in the dark and the recent PLE that we sent yielded the rather cryptic message that it was with our case officer for further processing. Yup, we'd figured that much out by ourselves....

My favourite theory is that our case is being managed by the male equivalent of Pauline from League of Gentlemen ('Hello jobseekers....!") who has a stapler rather than pen obsession. Unfortunately one of his wacky ("you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps..") colleagues has stolen his favourite red stapler and he's off sick with work related stress. Well, fantasing is the only way I can stay sane at this stage, 18mths after we started the whole process!

Edna
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter how straightforward you consider your application to be, all checks have to be made and confirmed by the CO. They will not have forgotten you, they are simply working on your application and have nothing to tell you. Try patience. Sending a PLE will only result in a standard generic reply saying they are working on your application.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ritu1234
Yes, i am also accepted My co is the same ....He is sleeping or forgotten..i dont know what is my status of application?

Ritu
They do not forget anyone. Probably we all need to be a bit more patient.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by akat
My CO contacted me almost 3 months back asking for the usual - PCC, Form-80, medicals.
Uploaded everything, medicals were "finalized" more than a month ago but absolutely no change in the online status or communication from CO.

How long should I wait before I ping em? Shouldn't happen that CO is waiting for something while I think I have uploaded everything.

Thanks!

Considering the current waiting times, 3 months ain't that long. I got my visa after 6 months, once I submitted all the documents on CO's request. So my friend, patience is the key here.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:15 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!
I am in the same situation...........I decided to phone DIAC and to my horror they said the pcc had not been recieved!!!!! Although I had uploaded them 6 weeks ago!!! Anyway, my CO had given me a timeline for the pcc and it was way over this deadline, I thought OMG all my work is down the drain!!!
It turned out the lady at DIAC said not to worry as my CO wasn't even aware they had not been recieved..........in other words she hadn't came back to look at my file for ages.
Everything has now been recieved and it seems to be taking forever..........I am 175.....CSL....applied Sept 08.....Low risk.
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:21 am
Dia , Queen Bee

divsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: CO allocated - But my application has been forgotten?

Thanks!
Need to wait!!! Your application is not forgotten!!! If you happen to make a PLE, you will get the reply as CO following up with the checks!! So No worries But yes patience...