Citizenship Application and Seperation

Old Jun 28th 2017, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

bernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the roughbernstable is a jewel in the rough
Default Citizenship Application and Seperation

Hi

We landed in Australia in 2009 and eventually progressed from a 457 to Permanent Residency granted in Jan 2016 (Class: RN Sub Class: 187). Since qualifying for and submitting our citizenship applications in January of this year. My partner and I are going through the process of separating, we are not married but in a de-facto relationship. We do have children and the whole situation is surprisingly co-operative and civilised.

My Partner was the primary visa applicant for PR. I am wondering what the situation might be, both regarding our ongoing citizenship application which was done as a family. Although, as I understand it we all qualified individually, (we have our citizenship test in just over 4 weeks) and permanent residency status.

thanks
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application and Seperation

It has no impact. Once PR was granted, each person gets their own visa.