Child visa based on a 489 visa

Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child visa based on a 489 visa

Hi all & happy new year,

I recently was granted the Skilled sponsored 489 visa and now intend to submit a visa application for my 7 year old child who lives with the ex abroad.

Looking at the visa options available - the closest match appeared to be visa 101 or visa 445. However, i do not appear to meet the requirement for visa 101 as I do not have Australian citizenship or PR status yet and for visa 445 i do not meet their partner visa requirement.

Unless if i missed something, are there any other visa options for my child to join me based on my current visa?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child visa based on a 489 visa

Originally Posted by nilv
Hi all & happy new year,

I recently was granted the Skilled sponsored 489 visa and now intend to submit a visa application for my 7 year old child who lives with the ex abroad.

Looking at the visa options available - the closest match appeared to be visa 101 or visa 445. However, i do not appear to meet the requirement for visa 101 as I do not have Australian citizenship or PR status yet and for visa 445 i do not meet their partner visa requirement.

Unless if i missed something, are there any other visa options for my child to join me based on my current visa?

Thanks in advance!
Did you ever get the health assessment done on your child? Do you have permission from your ex to have him migrate to Australia or if not a court order granting you custody? Why wasn't he added as a dependent at the time you applied for your visa?
Old Jan 4th 2016, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Did you ever get the health assessment done on your child? Do you have permission from your ex to have him migrate to Australia or if not a court order granting you custody? Why wasn't he added as a dependent at the time you applied for your visa?
Yes - got my childs health assessment done as part of my visa application as they requested it.

The matter of permission is a separate battle i have to deal with and anticipate i will have the consent or order in due course.

I did not include him in my application owing to #2 and figured i'd get my visa sorted first then apply for the child visa subsequently.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 10:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - got my childs health assessment done as part of my visa application as they requested it.

The matter of permission is a separate battle i have to deal with and anticipate i will have the consent or order in due course.

I did not include him in my application owing to #2 and figured i'd get my visa sorted first then apply for the child visa subsequently.
If you check the website, you should be able to apply for a 489 for your child as a subsequent family entrant - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

But I would expect that you would need to show permission first. I also do not know if you would need to be already resident - too late to read too much. May be worth paying for some professional advice (Mara agent and possibly family lawyer)
Old Jan 4th 2016, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
If you check the website, you should be able to apply for a 489 for your child as a subsequent family entrant - Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

But I would expect that you would need to show permission first. I also do not know if you would need to be already resident - too late to read too much. May be worth paying for some professional advice (Mara agent and possibly family lawyer)
Genius - I don't know how i missed reading that bit despite reading it several times previously.

I was able to start a subsequent application to include my child using this link and now need to address the child custody matter.

Thanks!
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,

I applied for the subsequent entrant visa for my son (who lives with the ex abroad) a few months back and at the time at the time had agreement from her to proceed with this and she even signed the consent form (1229).

When the authorities contacted her for verification etc, she changed her mind and refused to consent my son having the visa and they then contacted me for my comments. After discussion with the ex she now refuses for my son to be granted this visa and I am stuck as I had already paid for the application fee.

I understand there may be a possibility of getting a refund and also appreciate that they may not do this for me in this scenario as the ex changed her mind after submitting the application so it is not their problem though I am stuck in between as he is not getting his visa nor may I get a refund.

Any tips to improve the chances of getting a refund?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I applied for the subsequent entrant visa for my son (who lives with the ex abroad) a few months back and at the time at the time had agreement from her to proceed with this and she even signed the consent form (1229).

When the authorities contacted her for verification etc, she changed her mind and refused to consent my son having the visa and they then contacted me for my comments. After discussion with the ex she now refuses for my son to be granted this visa and I am stuck as I had already paid for the application fee.

I understand there may be a possibility of getting a refund and also appreciate that they may not do this for me in this scenario as the ex changed her mind after submitting the application so it is not their problem though I am stuck in between as he is not getting his visa nor may I get a refund.

I didn't think there were any chances of a refund if a visa is refused - the fee is for processing the application which they have done even if the outcome is not good.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

You have no chance of getting a refund. Forget about it.
Old Jun 5th 2016, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

hmm oh well...thanks
Old Sep 13th 2016, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

shahidjabbar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , what will be visa status for the new born if the parents holding 489 visa ?
Secondly , how is IT market in buderim?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shahidjabbar
Hi , what will be visa status for the new born if the parents holding 489 visa ?
Secondly , how is IT market in buderim?

Thanks in advance
I cannot answer either question as I have not been in that position & do not know very well how it would work nor do i know much about the situation in Buderim although in WA IT jobs are few & far fetched.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

shahidjabbar is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot answer either question as I have not been in that position & do not know very well how it would work nor do i know much about the situation in Buderim although in WA IT jobs are few & far fetched.
Tq for the response , may i know what does it mean WA ? where are you staying , I am allowed to work below postal code , if you can suggest me better area for family settlement + IT jobs

< snip a huge list of numbers >

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 20th 2016 at 1:24 am.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 7:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shahidjabbar
Tq for the response , may i know what does it mean WA ? where are you staying , I am allowed to work below postal code , if you can suggest me better area for family settlement + IT jobs

< snip a huge list of numbers >
WA means Western Australia.